Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My apology to ghost rider. And a message to others.

+6
Sal
othershoe1030
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
Slicef18
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Gunz wrote:
riceme wrote:
Gunz wrote:"Threadbear aint into that (he has a wife he loves very much) and I'm no longer into that either."

So homosexuals are not born that way. They can "choose" to not be "into that" any longer.

No, gunz, you don't get to choose. You and I are good friends, and I love ya, but your position on this matter bothers me a lot... 'cause the truth is I've probably slept with more girls than you have! (LOL). I was ALWAYS attracted to both men and women (from the beginning of when I was attracted to anyone at all).

Eventually, a few years before I met my ex-husband, I became so frustrated with the amount of drama, BS and other stuff that always came with the "woman" package, I made a conscious decision to NOT date them seriously anymore. But, who knows?? Love is love. And if I met the right person (finally! ha ha), it would be "right." Even though I made a conscious decision not to date them, that surely doesn't mean that I don't look and think about how much nicer it is to touch, smell and taste a woman compared to y'all ugly ole men (ha ha).

Know what I mean, jellybean? I love you

I know we may never agree on this issue, but it breaks my little heart when I read hateful things you've written about the gay community. Next time before you write something like that, remember you're talking about me, too (although like the recently parted Sally Ride, I use no labels... If someone really pushes me, I jokingly respond that "I'm a TRY-SEXUAL... I'll try ANYTHING at least once!" That usually shuts 'em up.)

Which is why I replied to bob with this.."Bob, I dont find it unnatural at all. Love is a human emotion, no-one decides who they fall in love with it just happens. Some love their own gender ,some do not. Who am I to decide what is right or wrong? My problem before was the sheer number of goddamned threads devoted to it. I was just fuckin with yall with the nekkid comment."

The only gay friend that I ever had was a marine helicopter pilot. We didnt talk about sexual stuff, we just talked and enjoyed being friends. He was killed over there. I'm the last one to have a problem with gays and lesbians rice, I certainly believe in live and let live. Bob confused my irritation with him starting fifteen threads on the subject with me being anti gay. I also believe that if bob can use the words queer, faggot, lezbo and other negative names for gay people then he should not take offense when others use the word. Kinda like blacks using the N word to talk to each other and then going apeshit if a non minority uses it. And Rice, out of respect for you and the beautiful person that you are, I will not use those words anymore.

I love you Aww, darlin'... That eases my lil heart. I ALSO misinterpreted your responses to Bob regarding his tireless PLETHORA of threads about "gayness" in general (see above in bold italics). Irritating, while I love Bob all the same.

Regarding the derogatory terms for which some people utilize to refer to the GLBT and "minority" communities, I don't like it when other people use them (regardless of sexual preference or skin color, &c) and I do not use them myself. The exception is that many of my gay friends (male and female) refer to themselves not as "gay," "lesbian" or "bisexual," but as "queer." When I am in their presence, talking to them, or emailing with them, I use the word queer, because in those settings it has no derogatory context, and it is the "label" if you will that they have chosen by which to identify their sexuality.

Regarding your last (bolded) comment,... thank you, dollface. I adore you. It raises the hair on the back of my neck to see my dear friends use those words.

Oh... and my official introduction to the open (and prolific) usage of The N Word was on the first day I moved to Milton from Small Town, Sierra Nevadas. We'd just closed on our home that day, and I ran to the grocery store to pick up a few necessities. As I was rollin' through the bread aisle at a market in Pace, I heard someone yell, "YOU SURE TOLD 'EM, BOB!! YOU DAMN RIGHT TOLE THEM [N-WORD, (plural) TO GET THE F*** OFFA OUR STREET! HIGH FIVE, BROTHER!" I turned around to see them joyously high-fiving and congratulating each other on their fantastic accomplishment. I ran (drove) home crying (I know, I know) to my husband, who thought that someone had assaulted or attacked me (because I just don't cry... not overly emotive in that department). I then told him what had happened and asked, "WHAT HAVE WE DONE??! TO WHAT SORT OF PLACE HAVE WE *MOVED*??" I then began hearing The N Word on a regular basis.

When I asked some friends from work, a black couple, to come out to the house for supper they politely declined, giving each other knowing glances. Then the gal explained to me that they don't "exit off the other side of Escambia Bay Bridge until they get clear of our area heading East" because of the racism they've experienced there. I apologized, then jokingly jibed at them, "THANKS A LOT for *telling us* before we bought a HOME over there!!" And we all laughed. As it happened, it was far more convenient for me to shop in Pensacola, because I worked right near the Publix, Target, etc. on 9-Mile. So, after that, my exposure to the apparent racism in the Milton, Bagdad and Pace areas was pretty limited. Not that it was all that better in Pensacola, but at least I never experienced anyone yelling out The N Word at a grocery store in PNS!

VectorMan

VectorMan

Buttman wrote:This forum doesn't have to be like it is now. It doesn't have to be uncivilized just because it's allowed to be. We are not children. We're all adults. Hell most of us are senior citizens or close to it. Of all people we should be the ones who are above this.
Look at it this way. Would you ever want your children or grandchildren and their friends to be interacting with each other like we're doing here? Would you ever want them to be in these never ending pissing contests with each other? Constantly hating on and insulting each other?
If they were doing that wouldn't you want to find a way to help them stop doing it?
Of course you would goddamnit. So start acting your age.

BRAVO

Buttman wrote:
thread_bear wrote:

side bar....i don't have a written recipe for those collards. i'll just come over and we can make a batch and i'll walk ya through it. it's not really as complicated as it sounded when i was explaining it to ya. my permanent crown is gonna be installed tomorrow @ 11am so i'll be in your hood.
Call me today and tell me what stuff I need to buy and I'll pick it up and let's cook up a mess of em over here tomorrow after you get the crown. That's the best greens I've ever had.

just got back from FoodWorld with the goods. we're gonna throw down tomorrow and if ya have someone ya want to invite get after it but let me know so i can adjust the number of covers.

this is gonna be fun.

the sharing of food was the beginning of all civilization....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

thread_bear wrote:

just got back from FoodWorld with the goods. we're gonna throw down tomorrow and if ya have someone ya want to invite get after it but let me know so i can adjust the number of covers.

this is gonna be fun.

Excellent, tb. I promised the lady some tomorrow night so we'll make as much as you want to make. I can eat a casserole dish full of them myself.

thread_bear wrote:this is gonna be fun.[/b]the sharing of food was the beginning of all civilization....

Do you put pepper sauce in your greens?

Buttman wrote:
thread_bear wrote:

this is gonna be fun.

Excellent, tb. I promised the lady some tomorrow night so we'll make as much as you want to make. I can eat a casserole dish full of them myself.

You also gotta have a big pan of cornbread to go along with the greens and like Eric said some pepper sauce.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Or they can drop by Arlene's and grab some of her cornbread muffins.

Yomama wrote:
thread_bear wrote:this is gonna be fun.[/b]the sharing of food was the beginning of all civilization....

Do you put pepper sauce in your greens?

i'm bringin' it and it's to be added to taste. it's habanero based and bob ain't quite as dialed in as i am to that kinda heat. i'm also bringin' some lighter hot sauce

Joanimaroni wrote:Or they can drop by Arlene's and grab some of her cornbread muffins.

but if i go to Arlene's, i won't stop with just the cornbread.

it's a great idea joanie, but my willpower says i should stick with the established menu.

yes....we will be having cornbread.

thanx for your input....i hope you get a chance to try my greens some day.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

you two just made this old queer very happy. reagan and gorbachev got nothing on you.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Post up some pics of the greens in the Food section for the rest of us.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:Post up some pics of the greens in the Food section for the rest of us.
will do, will.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Buttman wrote:you two just made this old queer very happy. reagan and gorbachev got nothing on you.

Must be the full moon.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Nekochan wrote:
Buttman wrote:you two just made this old queer very happy. reagan and gorbachev got nothing on you.

Must be the full moon.
actually I think it's the human spirit.

but I just ran out for a minute and damn that full moon is beautiful tonight.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

thread_bear wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Or they can drop by Arlene's and grab some of her cornbread muffins.

it's a great idea joanie, but my willpower says i should stick with the established menu.

Buy some of Arlene's collards and let Bob do a taste test. The last side of greens I got from her....made it necessary for me to go back and compliment the cook.

Lisa12

Arlene's has some of the best greens I've ever eaten Very Happy

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lisa12 wrote:Arlene's has some of the best greens I've ever eaten Very Happy

Amen!

Joanimaroni wrote:
thread_bear wrote:

Buy some of Arlene's collards and let Bob do a taste test. The last side of greens I got from her....made it necessary for me to go back and compliment the cook.

okay, you might be right joanie.. but will she let you watch while she cuts up the prep and does the mirepoix...? i don't think so.

good grief maroni. it's just gonna be me sharing a recipe for cooking collards with bob. it's not some sort of freaking contest with arlenes. no offense to her or her product.

what is wrong with you that you turn a happy go lucky thread about two old farts who like collards into a contest with a local fast food restaurant....?

since you opened this can of worms (vitrio )....let's examine the facts.

you live in Gulf Breeze and Arlenes is way over the pond in Troy Moon land, Brownsville.

you said that arlene's greens were so damned good you had to go all the way back and compliment the chef on them dang greens. really....?

did you carry your dog you just registered for welfare and for his "right" to vote as a democrat....?

you just ain't as funny nor half agin as smart as you think you is.

Lisa12 wrote:Arlene's has some of the best greens I've ever eaten :D

so what...? this is not about that. good grief. this is about two old dudes who met on a forums who did some cautious bonding in a day and age when folk don't trust one another.

bob has read thousands of my words from silly humor to post apocalyptic pontification.

i've read his moribund and absurd. his ridiculous and profound.

what do you folk want....?

seriously

Sal

Sal

thread_bear wrote:
seriously

Some greens .... and some cornbread, if'n it's not too much trouble.

Lisa12

Umm, just responding about Arlene's greens...nothing more.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Bob, I hope you didn't have your hopes too high. It didn't even last through the full moon.

Nekochan

Nekochan

salinsky wrote:
thread_bear wrote:
seriously

Smile

salinsky wrote:
thread_bear wrote:
seriously

not at all...PM met and tell me why we should let you enjoy our company.

Nekochan wrote:Bob, I hope you didn't have your hopes too high. It didn't even last through the full moon.

really...? what didn't last...?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum