Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Very Sad

+2
cool1
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/22/2013, 9:10 pm

I dont care much for gulfbeachbandit but you have to give the Devil his due...

What is the naacp? Spell it out for us. Go on. Do it.

LOL  10 points And a Gold Star.

27Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/22/2013, 9:13 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Mr Ichi wrote:I dont care much for  gulfbeachbandit but you have to give the Devil his due...

What is the naacp? Spell it out for us. Go on. Do it.

LOL  10 points And a Gold Star.
Thank you.

28Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/22/2013, 9:48 pm

bluemoon wrote:The NAACP is an organization that has a socially unacceptable word in its title that has yet to be changed.

Go ahead and use it. I was sure of your racism already.

Maybe somebody that was too stupid to notice will notice by your use of that phrase.

In 2008 Carla Sims, communications director for the NAACP in Washington DC, said "the term 'colored' is not derogatory, [the NAACP] chose the word 'colored' because it was the most positive description commonly used [in 1909, when the association was founded]. It's outdated and antiquated but not offensive."[8] To date, there has not been a movement to change the name of the organization to a more politically correct term such as the "National Association for the Advancement of African-Americans."

29Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/22/2013, 9:52 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I sometimes hear the term "people of color".  Is this phrase offensive and/or racist?

30Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/22/2013, 9:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Which would be NAAAAA.

31Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/22/2013, 11:27 pm

Sal

Sal

There's something about Pensacolians of a certain age ....

32Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/22/2013, 11:37 pm

Yeah, there is. Sad to say, it's not just "of a certain age." It's of pretty much any age above about 30 or so.  I just reconnected with a cousin of mine on Facebook yesterday.  He grew up a block from my house and we were playmates as kids. He's a musician in New York now, married to a former ballerina and we were talking about the fact that we both loved Rachel Maddow and Keith Olberman. He said he was extremely surprised that we both grew up with the same political leanings, as did   a couple of my siblings.
The only explanation I can think of is that our dads were brothers and  I guess his dad taught him the same way mine taught us.
I was glad to reconnect with him though. I guess we're both getting to the age that we think back on the past a little more.

Oh god, I wish I hadn't said that.Very Happy

33Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 7:43 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

"Colored people" and  "People of color"

Is there a difference in meaning in these phrases?

34Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:41 pm

Nekochan wrote:"Colored people" and  "People of color"

Yes. One is acceptable to people of color and the other is not.

You know that and so does GBB.
GBB wouldn't go out in a football stadium where there are black people  present and talk about all the "colored people" on the field, but she feels perfectly free to say it on this forum because she knows she'll be defended by the other racists present.

I honestly didn't know how racist some people were until I met met them on an internet forum. it's often true, as my cousin pointed out to me, that whether your own children are racist depends on whether you were or not.
If someone has racist children, likely the attitude began with their parents.
I guess my cousin and I were lucky to be raised by two brothers who instilled different values in us. That says something good about my grandfather, who I never was lucky enough to know.
It's generational, that's a fact.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/23/2013, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

35Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:44 pm

Well I don't like being called white... when do we get to change that?

36Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:46 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, the self appointed spokesperson for black people has spoken but she still hasn't explained the difference in meaning of the two terms.

37Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:47 pm

I haven't heard white being inappropriate to say yet.

As the obvious caretaker of morality on this forum that I have appointed myself to be Very Happy , I'll let you know when I do.

38Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:47 pm

Sal

Sal

STFU, crackers.

39Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:48 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

bluemoon wrote:

GBB wouldn't go out in a football stadium where there are black people  present and talk about all the "colored people" on the field, but she feels perfectly free to say it on this forum because she knows she'll be defended by the other racists present.

I honestly didn't know how racist some people were until I met met them on an internet forum.  it's often true, as my cousin pointed out to me, that whether your own children are racist depends on whether you were or not.
I guess my cousin and I were lucky to be raised by two brothers who instilled different values in us. That says something good about my grandfather, who I never was lucky enough to know.
The colored people have their own national association. naacp. If they can say it, so can I. You ain't very bright, are you?

40Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:48 pm

Nekochan wrote:Well, the self appointed spokesperson for black people has spoken but she still hasn't explained the difference in meaning of the two terms.
The difference does not have to be explained anymore then the difference in Asian and Oriental has to be explained. One is evidently not acceptable to people of that race and the other is.

And you know that.
Stop making a horse's ass out of yourself.

41Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:50 pm

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

I honestly didn't know how racist some people were until I met met them on an internet forum.  it's often true, as my cousin pointed out to me, that whether your own children are racist depends on whether you were or not.
The colored people have their own national association.  naacp.  If they can say it, so can I.  You ain't very bright, are you?
You can say colored all you want to. But if there's some black teens around, don't complain if some of them beat the hell out of you and leave you for dead in a ditch, because you asked for it.

You're a fucking racist pig and you'd deserve it.

42Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:52 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

bluemoon wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

The colored people have their own national association.  naacp.  If they can say it, so can I.  You ain't very bright, are you?
You can say colored all you want to. But if there's some black teens around, don't complain if some of them beat the hell out of you and leave you for dead in a ditch, because you asked for it.

That was very liberal of you to say.

43Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:52 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

bluemoon wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

If you call a black person a colored person, you're asking them to beat you to death...
Are you sure that blacks want you to be their spokesperson?

44Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:55 pm

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
bluemoon wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

That was very liberal of you to say.
I don't have to be accepting of small minded, ignorant racists just to call myself a liberal.   And you are a fucking ignorant racist. You show it every day on this forum.
Nope, I don't care what happens to people who have the attitude you express one iota more than you care for black people. Look at it that way and you'll understand.

I'll just put it the way Sal did- shut the fuck up crackers.
You deserve to be portrayed just like people around the country think of you- a bunch of illiterate, bible-thumping, toothless morons that couldn't put together a coherent sentence if your life depended on it.

Definitely not worth my time of day.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/23/2013, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

45Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 2:56 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

bluemoon wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
bluemoon wrote:

If you find the naacp offensive, I can't imagine what you think about the united negro college fund.

46Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 3:03 pm

Like I said, you're a toothless, illiterate, moronic cracker and you know the difference in the words that black people either call themselves or resent being called.

If I were the moderator of this forum, you'd have been long gone eons ago, but boards doesn't understand the difference in a truly offensive person and one who is trying to defend himself against a mob of rednecks.

Until he gets it, this forum will never grow  beyond the few people already here. Eventually he'll get  tired of letting you vent your hate and shut the place down.

He's a hell of a lot  more "liberal" than I am.

47Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 3:15 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

bluemoon wrote:Like I said, you're a toothless, illiterate, moronic cracker and you know the difference in the words that black people either call themselves or resent being called.

If I were the moderator of this forum, you'd have been long gone eons ago, but boards doesn't understand the difference in a truly offensive person and one who is trying to defend himself against a mob of rednecks.

Until he gets it, this forum will never grow  beyond the few people already here. Eventually he'll  get  tired of letting you vent your hate and shut the place down.

He's a hell of a lot  more "liberal" than I am.
How is the naacp racist?  As you claim it to be.
And, did you just call me a cracker? That's funny.

48Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 7:04 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The vigil for this little girl scheduled for tonight was canceled. Gunshots erupted several blocks away last night and residents were scared to follow through with the vigil.

49Very Sad - Page 2 Empty Re: Very Sad 9/23/2013, 11:41 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Updated: Monday, September 23 2013, 07:26 PM CDT PENSACOLA -- Monday night, a planned vigil for 14-year-old Kenteyonna Anderson has been canceled. This is after gunfire interrupted another vigil that was being held for her Sunday night. No one was injured but it has people on edge. This vigil comes in the wake of the teenager being shot while hanging with friends on Maxwell street. The shooting happened just blocks from Pensacola High School last Thursday. When the shots were fired at the vigil, no one really knew what was going on. Kenteyonna's cousin, Sade Grice had hoped the evening would begin the healing process, instead it only brought more fear. Grice said, "It was like people falling all over each other. I had my two kids with me, I was scared." Around a 100 people were at the vigil. Cheryle Allen was speaking at the vigil when the shots were fired. She said, "It was a lot of them, I just can't even count them. My feeling is we need to do something about the guns." She had planned another vigil for tonight., but canceled it. She said, "I cant afford to allow them to be put in harms way because of this." Family members are now looking at photos and remembering the good times to get through the pain. Her cousin said, "She was a really fun, outgoing girl, very smart. She was accepted into IB program." More details are coming out about the shooting. Family members say a fight happened earlier in the day, then a group came to retaliate and that's when Kenteyonna got caught in the crossfire. Her 10 year old brother was there and saw it all happen.

Read More at: http://www.weartv.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/vigil-kenteyonna-anderson-canceled-after-gunfire-erupts-at-another-vigil-36370.shtml?wap=0&

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum