Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Defunded -odumbocare

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 7:39 pm

PkrBum wrote:I'd like to share the belief that some sort of common sense realism would prevail... but I don't think people will vote for less.

I think the tipping point has been passed... we'll just be gaining speed until we hit bottom.
Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Th?id=H.4749337311971122&w=250&h=168&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Hopefully it isn't.....However if what you believe is true there'll be rioting in the streets from those that voted for all their free stuff when it finally runs out and we all know that only the government comes out ahead in those situations.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 9/21/2013, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

27Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 7:39 pm

I wonder how many in the polling know anything about law? Most people around Pensacola know very little about it, some think it has been 100% implemented in the past year but did not know that all plans were guaranteed issue regardless of health status and some will qualify for subsidy to help pay. I doubt when they take these polls these the people they know don't know much about it but rather believing everything the news said.

If an article I just read is true at the Republican governor's meeting in Michigan today, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul of all people and Jindal says although it needs to be worked on, this latest vote to shut down the government was not the right way to do it.

28Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 7:48 pm

You know the part no one likes is your's and my taxes are paying for it. Well if you want to look at it that way then I think that anyone who you purchase anything from, hospital or doctor services, county school systems, city services that we should just fight for lower prices on products and vote at every school district meeting to get rid of their benefits since the taxpayer is paying for it. Hell thrown tricare in that because us taxpayer's are also paying for that.

29Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 8:07 pm

doubtingthomas wrote:You know the part no one likes is your's and my taxes are paying for it. Well if you want to look at it that way then I think that anyone who you purchase anything from, hospital or doctor services, county school systems, city services that we should just fight for lower prices on products and vote at every school district meeting to get rid of their benefits since the taxpayer is paying for it. Hell thrown tricare in that because us taxpayer's are also paying for that.
Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Th?id=H.4584672570182599&w=259&h=188&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Or we could....

1. Put all government employees on the military pay scale; local, state, and federal; instead of allowing them their golden parachute retirement plans and tell them tuff shit if they take a significant pay cut because as the old Army song goes about 'Never get rich digging the ditch...'. Which means there will be no more public sector unions. (NOTE: This measure will also make it easier, and quicker, to decide how much of a pay raise everyone who works for the government will receive when Congress is in session.)

2. Eliminate all subsidies, bailouts, tax incentives, etc... that the government hands out to businesses of any kind.

3. No more non-profit organizations that receive government funding in any way shape of form. You want to be a non-profit you run strictly on charitable donations.

4. Eliminate all foreign aid.

5. Renegotiate all trade agreements.

6. De-fund the United Nations. We should only be paying 5% of the operating costs since we only make up 5% of the worlds total population.

7. Nationalize the whole health care industry for the sake of the liberals who believe that health care is the right of all.

There! That should help start getting us back on track quick and allows for your health care for all.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tna0Mmu1XlI

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 9/21/2013, 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

30Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 8:10 pm

doubtingthomas wrote:You know the part no one likes is your's and my taxes are paying for it. Well if you want to look at it that way then I think that anyone who you purchase anything from, hospital or doctor services, county school systems, city services that we should just fight for lower prices on products and vote at every school district meeting to get rid of their benefits since the taxpayer is paying for it. Hell thrown tricare in that because us taxpayer's are also paying for that.

Uh, the difference is that many people getting Obamacare aren't working and paying taxes. At least when people are in the military, then money goes in a circle and not in the toilet as handout.

31Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 8:12 pm

doubtingthomas wrote:I wonder how many in the polling know anything about law? Most people around Pensacola know very little about it, some think it has been 100% implemented in the past year but did not know that all plans were guaranteed issue regardless of health status and some will qualify for subsidy to help pay. I doubt when they take these polls these the people they know don't know much about it but rather believing everything the news said.

If an article I just read is true at the Republican governor's meeting  in Michigan today, Jeb Bush, Rand Paul of all people and Jindal says although it needs to be worked on, this latest vote to shut down the government was not the right way to do it.

It wasn't right that it got shoved down out throat.

32Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 8:16 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Uh, the difference is that many people getting Obamacare aren't working and paying taxes. At least when people are in the military, then money goes in a circle and not in the toilet as handout.
Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Th?id=H.4665396518388770&w=250&h=173&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

If he wants to negotiate... I'll settle for an extra $2000 -$3000 attached to my base pay to cover the cost of my having to buy medical insurance at this time.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkhX5W7JoWI

Smile 

33Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 8:25 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Th?id=H.4665396518388770&w=250&h=173&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

If he wants to negotiate... I'll settle for an extra $2000 -$3000 attached to my base pay to cover the cost of my having to buy medical insurance at this time.

*****SMILE*****

Smile 
Why would you think you have to buy insurance? If you're retired from the military then you have insurance.

34Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 9:01 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile 
Why would you think you have to buy insurance? If you're retired from the military then you have insurance.
Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Th?id=H.4905051325074352&w=197&h=184&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

If you're going to take away the military health care Tricare then I surely will need a golden parachute package as compensation... Make it $4000 -$5000 attached to the military members monthly base pay for you're wanting to put us through the pain and frustration of having to buy insurance and because of your suggestion that it be eliminated in the first place.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile 

35Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 11:44 pm

My suggestion it be eliminated? Are you high or what?

36Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/22/2013, 2:32 pm

Can't stop Obamacare, Paul says

MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. - Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., says President Barack Obama's health care law probably can't be defeated or gotten rid of. And he's suggesting there is little he and other congressional Republicans can do to stop the law from taking effect.

Speaking to reporters Saturday at a gathering of Michigan Republicans, Paul says Republicans could use votes on measures in the House and in the Senate to come up with compromise legislation. But he says that time for that is running out.

"We probably can't defeat or get rid of Obamacare," but he says that working from the position of not funding the health care law might help render it "less bad."

37Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/22/2013, 2:33 pm

doubtingthomas wrote:Can't stop Obamacare, Paul says

MACKINAC ISLAND, Mich. - Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., says President Barack Obama's health care law probably can't be defeated or gotten rid of. And he's suggesting there is little he and other congressional Republicans can do to stop the law from taking effect.

Speaking to reporters Saturday at a gathering of Michigan Republicans, Paul says Republicans could use votes on measures in the House and in the Senate to come up with compromise legislation. But he says that time for that is running out.

"We probably can't defeat or get rid of Obamacare," but he says that working from the position of not funding the health care law might help render it "less bad."
Wonder if Humana got to him, since they contribute to him.

38Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/22/2013, 5:10 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:My suggestion it be eliminated? Are you high or what?
Defunded -odumbocare  - Page 2 Th?id=H.5040287001347681&w=152&h=181&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Generally on Sunday's...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED5s1-Fe9FA

Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum