Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Defunded -odumbocare

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Defunded -odumbocare 9/20/2013, 10:48 pm

Lololo lolo

2Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 2:25 am

Really Einstein? You better look again. It won't be happening.

3Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 2:35 am

Dreamsglore wrote:Really Einstein? You better look again. It won't be happening.
Defunded -odumbocare  Th?id=H.4973203865208479&w=127&h=182&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

You're right! The taxes received from the insurance policies are supposed to make this program self-sufficient. Therefore Congress doesn't need to appropriate any money from other areas... just like the Obamacare promoters promised when they said this program wouldn't cost the tax payer a dime.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssLHEVMRjJY

Very Happy

4Defunded -odumbocare  Empty clarification for readers 9/21/2013, 9:03 am

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Really Einstein? You better look again. It won't be happening.
Defunded -odumbocare  Th?id=H.4973203865208479&w=127&h=182&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

You're right! The taxes received from the insurance policies are supposed to make this program self-sufficient. Therefore Congress doesn't need to appropriate any money from other areas... just like the Obamacare promoters promised when they said this program wouldn't cost the tax payer a dime.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

First: Mr. Eagle is lying. No-one ever said it was free.
Second: The program in which p-dog, quite gleeful in his elation, is lying about is the program that will help get all Americans to see a doctor on a regular basis to live healthier lives and therefore reduce future healthcare costs. The program will stop us from having to give away free healthcare.

So see, the frighty rightie wants to increase healthcare costs, and he wants to keep giving away free healthcare even though it is a full one-fifth of our entire economy.

Where is the logic and reason? Missing from the fact-flinging p-dog.
Sad, and pathetic.

"The black guy in the white house makes them so crazy they forget they are conservative. They 'black-tracked' yet again!

5Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 11:22 am

CarlSagan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy
First: Mr. Eagle is lying. No-one ever said it was free.
Second: The program in which p-dog, quite gleeful in his elation, is lying about is the program that will help get all Americans to see a doctor on a regular basis to live healthier lives and therefore reduce future healthcare costs. The program will stop us from having to give away free healthcare.

So see, the frighty rightie wants to increase healthcare costs, and he wants to keep giving away free healthcare even though it is a full one-fifth of our entire economy.

Where is the logic and reason? Missing from the fact-flinging p-dog.
Sad, and pathetic.

"The black guy in the white house makes them so crazy they forget they are conservative. They 'black-tracked' yet again!
Defunded -odumbocare  Th?id=H.4755998837639118&w=301&h=172&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

No lies here so the one lying is you.

Your biggest promoter said it wouldn't cost the tax payer a dime or take money from elsewhere many times over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yevwJvdg_EA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r7II7VodKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCSrP44QgZ4

Time to pay the bill!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LghVdtwEw7c

Twisted Evil

6Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 11:46 am

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Lololo lolo
Ain't very smart there are you PD? This thing got by in the House but it stands no chance in hell of getting by in the Senate. If by chance it does, then Obama's veto pen is waiting on it and it surely would not be veto proof. Wishful thinking on your part. Now don't get me wrong, I wish it would get defunded also, but I damn sure ain't gonna hold my breath.

7Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 12:15 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

No, they can't stop the PPACA. But House Republicans just voted to cut $39 billion from food stamps, affecting 3.8 million people.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2013/09/house-republicans-vote-cut-39-billion-food-stamps/69644/

"...Interestingly, the 15 Republicans who voted against the measure (largely from the Northeast) represented fewer food stamp households on average than their colleagues that voted for it.

If the cuts pass the Senate and are signed into law, the government would save $39 billion over 10 years, or twice as much as the House Agriculture Committee recommended, and much more in cuts than the Senate has previously approved, Politico explains. The current bill is a result of an earlier decision to split off the food stamp discussion from the usually bipartisan farm bill, under which it's traditionally been passed in tandem with farm subsidies, popular with Republicans. The food stamp-only current plan comes from the House Republican leadership, led by Majority Leader Eric Cantor. But not all Republicans were on board with the plan, in part because their districts would be adversely affected by the cuts. The Atlantic Wire has a detailed breakdown of how the cuts would affect each representative's district.

The White House has already vowed to veto the bill, saying in a statement that "these cuts would affect a broad array of Americans who are struggling to make ends meet, including working families with children, senior citizens, veterans, and adults who are still looking for work." But it's doubtful that the bill will make it as-is through the Democrat-controlled Senate, where it's expected to be rejoined with the farm subsidy portion of the measure into some sort of compromise plan. The current farm bill expires on September 30. A final bill has to make it through Congress by then.

----------------------

8Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 12:59 pm

This is just for show.

The majority of people are against obamamacare.

What are they going to defund anyway? The payments to the insurance companies for the services to those who sign up? everything else is cuts and large oversight committees. well they could defund the oversight committees. I guess they could also defund the people who are paid to sign people up but I think that money has already went out.

Its too much to do in a whole like this. I am sure this is just for public view only.

all this talk about how the republicans are a dying breed needs to be taken with a grain of salt. as 2014 rolls around I think there is a chance of a real take over of the senate as well.

9Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 1:31 pm

And if odumba vetoes it he shuts down government

10Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 1:51 pm

knothead

knothead

PACEDOG#1 wrote:And if odumba vetoes it he shuts down government

It will never reach his desk but, instead, die in the Senate . . . . . a political show that will damage our nation and lay the full responsibility of its consequences at the feet of the GOP. Their contempt for the POTUS has driven them over the edge . . . . a point where they are threatening to shut down our government to inflict damage to a President that will not yield to their irrational behavior.

11Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 1:54 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

And you really think that he cares.

12Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 2:10 pm

Chrissy wrote:This is just for show.

What are they going to defund anyway? The payments to the insurance companies for the services to those who sign up? everything else is cuts and large oversight committees. well they could defund the oversight committees. I guess they could also defund the people who are paid to sign people up but I think that money has already went out.

Its too much to do in a whole like this. I am sure this is just for public view only.

all this talk about how the republicans are a dying breed needs to be taken with a grain of salt. as 2014 rolls around I think there is a chance of a real take over of the senate as well.
You just don't live in the real world, do you? Were you conscious after the last election or what?

13Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 2:53 pm

If they defund it no one will every to get the play this game:

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/obamacare-boardgame-everybody-pays-nobody-ever-wins#

14Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 2:56 pm

Chrissy wrote:This is just for show.

I was right all along, you don't know shit about it or insurance.

15Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 2:58 pm

Over half of America wants this boondoggle gone. The only ones who want it are Dumbocrats appeasing their handout laden base of freeloaders.

16Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 3:00 pm

That's why the Senate goes GOP in 2014. Between odumbocare, Egypt, Benghazi and now Syria, well the Dumbocrats are irrelevant.

17Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 3:08 pm

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Over half of America wants this boondoggle gone. The only ones who want it are Dumbocrats appeasing their handout laden base of freeloaders.
I do not think that anybody on this forum(with the exception of a couple of certain folks) is denying that this shit piece of legislation should be placed in the shredder. I have even heard some liberal democrats say that they would like to see it go by the wayside. Congress no longer works for the people. All anyone of them care about is the big money.

18Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 5:08 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

knothead wrote:
It will never reach his desk but, instead, die in the Senate . . . . . a political show that will damage our nation and lay the full responsibility of its consequences at the feet of the GOP.  Their contempt for the POTUS has driven them over the edge . . . . a point where they are threatening to shut down our government to inflict damage to a President that will not yield to their irrational behavior.
You call it "irrational behavior" for the GOP trying to stop something over half of the country doesn't like or want? I guess you're entitled to your opinion no matter which way you lean.

It's not contempt for the POTUS. It's for his AGENDA! No matter how many times you play your old worn out useless race card. Carry on and lean forward.

Defunded -odumbocare  White-lib-guilt

19Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 5:48 pm

Knotheas the only irrational ones were the Dems who shoved through a 2000+ page bill into a law and had NO clue what was in the legislation. Now that we know what's in it, nobody wants it. That includes many in your own party.

20Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 6:18 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Knotheas the only irrational ones were the Dems who shoved through a 2000+ page bill into a law and had NO clue what was in the legislation. Now that we know what's in it, nobody wants it. That includes many in your own party.
So wrong as usual. Half the country wants it. Yeah! Bring it on baby!

21Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 6:28 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Knotheas the only irrational ones were the Dems who shoved through a 2000+ page bill into a law and had NO clue what was in the legislation. Now that we know what's in it, nobody wants it. That includes many in your own party.
I know you're just needling to some degree... but I do find it sad that american citizens approve of the govt takeover.

Everybody seems to think access to a physician is a magic bean or sumthin... that's not what's really been accomplished.

22Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 6:43 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:
from a liberal slanted website you support, 52% say it's BS and don't like it

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/09/three-years-later-obamacare-arrives-little-understood-and-not-well-liked/

On the law itself, moreover, 52 percent are opposed, vs. 42 percent in support; in 16 ABC-Post polls since August 2009, it has never received majority support.

Fifty-five percent, further, disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling implementation of the law, with “strong” disapprovers outnumbering strong approvers by a 23-point margin.

23Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 7:10 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:You just don't live in the real world, do you? Were you conscious after the last election or what?
Defunded -odumbocare  Th?id=H.4905051325074352&w=197&h=184&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

How'd that work out in the House Of Representatives?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

24Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 7:15 pm

Chrissy wrote:...All this talk about how the republicans are a dying breed needs to be taken with a grain of salt. as 2014 rolls around I think there is a chance of a real take over of the senate as well.
Defunded -odumbocare  Th?id=H.4755998837639118&w=301&h=172&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

I'ma thinin' by the time this fiasco is all said and done with it'll be time for the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals in the senate to pay the bill.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LghVdtwEw7c

Twisted Evil

(SIDE NOTE: I'll be happy with a Republican or Tea Party in Democratic seats. Ill even settle for a blue collar Democrat who will read stuff before signing it into law.)

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 9/21/2013, 7:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

25Defunded -odumbocare  Empty Re: Defunded -odumbocare 9/21/2013, 7:24 pm

I'd like to share the belief that some sort of common sense realism would prevail... but I don't think people will vote for less.

I think the tipping point has been passed... we'll just be gaining speed until we hit bottom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum