Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UH-Oh another mass shooting in Chicago

+8
Nekochan
Captn Kaoz
Sal
Hospital Bob
gulfbeachbandit
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
Joanimaroni
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The first three states (in red) on this list are among the ten states with the most LENIENT gun laws.  
And the next four states (in blue) are among the ten states with the most STRICT gun laws.
The figure beside each state was taken from the wiki list bds supplied which reveals the murder rate.  The higher the number the more murder.  The lower the number the less murder.

Kentucky            4.7
Oklahoma          9.9
Arizona             7.9

Pennsylvania     21.2
Maryland          31.3
New Jersey       33.8
California          26.3

no stress

no stress

Whats with all of those fraidy cats carrying guns in Chicago? Dont they know only wussies carry guns to defend themselves?

boards of FL

boards of FL

The wiki link provides a list of cities, not states. The city that tops the list for murder - New Orleans - has extremely lax gun law. Anyone over the age of 18 can openly carry a gun, no permit or anything required.

Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola

Being that I live in the 'burbs" of Chicago, I will give you my opinion of this.

First of all, why is a three year old child being out on the streets late at night? The mother should NEVER have taken her child out at such a late hour in a bad part of town, to "hang out".

Chicago IS NOT a gun free zone. It is legal to buy guns and carry a concealed gun in public with a permit. The Illinois legislature passed this law last year. Also, anywhere in the suburbs you can buy a gun from gun shops and places like DICKS sporting goods. Chicago did a one time several years ago passed a gun control measure but was overturn by the Supreme Court. Owning a gun does not make the crime rate go down, it hasn't make the crime rate go down in Pensacola either. Don't get me wrong, I believe in a person right to own a gun, I own two, but what we need in this country is some sensible gun restrictions.

Chicago by far is a very safe city. My wife and myself and been all over Chicago day and night and never had a problem. I have taken the train (METRA AND CTA) and never felt unsafe. There are part of Chicago, the south side and some west side parts of the city that are very unsafe. These areas are mostly African American areas and to tell you the truth, I really don't know what can be done to stop this violence when the citizens in those areas don't cooperate with police and continue to view themselves as victims of society. There is a big problem with truancy in Chicago public schools from those areas. Where are the parents? You cant tell me that a parent doesn't know his/her child in involved in a gang. As a father, I would have know if one of my daughters was involved in gang or skipped school. There is NOTHING that government can do to stop this until parents start being better parents and young men start wearing condoms so that unwanted pregnancies don't happen.

To condemn Chicago without condemning Pensacola, who has probably the same problem, on a smaller scale, is unjust. This is not a conservative vs liberal problem.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola wrote:Being that I live in the 'burbs" of Chicago, I will give you my opinion of this.

First of all, why is a three year old child being out on the streets late at night? The mother should NEVER have taken her child out at such a late hour in a bad part of town, to "hang out".

Chicago IS NOT a gun free zone. It is legal to buy guns and carry a concealed gun in public with a permit. The Illinois legislature passed this law last year. Also, anywhere in the suburbs you can buy a gun from gun shops and places like DICKS sporting goods. Chicago did a one time several years ago passed a gun control measure but was overturn by the Supreme Court. Owning a gun does not make the crime rate go down, it hasn't make the crime rate go down in Pensacola either. Don't get me wrong, I believe in a person right to own a gun, I own two, but what we need in this country is some sensible gun restrictions.

Chicago by far is a very safe city. My wife and myself and been all over Chicago day and night and never had a problem. I have taken the train (METRA AND CTA) and never felt unsafe. There are part of Chicago, the south side and some west side parts of the city that are very unsafe. These areas are mostly African American areas and to tell you the truth, I really don't know what can be done to stop this violence when the citizens in those areas don't cooperate with police and continue to view themselves as victims of society. There is a big problem with truancy in Chicago public schools from those areas. Where are the parents? You cant tell me that a parent doesn't know his/her child in involved in a gang. As a father, I would have know if one of my daughters was involved in gang or skipped school. There is NOTHING that government can do to stop this until parents start being better parents and young men start wearing condoms so that unwanted pregnancies don't happen.

To condemn Chicago without condemning Pensacola, who has probably the same problem, on a smaller scale, is unjust. This is not a conservative vs liberal problem.
Very good post.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:The wiki link provides a list of cities, not states.  The city that tops the list for murder - New Orleans - has extremely lax gun law.  Anyone over the age of 18 can openly carry a gun, no permit or anything required.
Yes,  New Orleans is an exception to what my combined list reveals.  And Atlanta is the one other exception.  But other  than those two exceptions,  if you compare the lenient gun law cities to the strict gun law cities,  clearly the strict law cities are more murderous.

And I have a new theory and I'm wondering why nobody is observing it and reporting that.

When you clamp down on the sale and possession of guns,  whatever you have prohibited will now be supplied by outlaws.  That's how it works.
How do I know?   Because that's exactly how it's worked in the first two experiments,  alcohol and marijuana.  It was in all the papers as they say.  And now it's in all the history books.   I sure hope nobody is gonna be foolish enough to try to argue with that.  lol

So,  what do outlaws do?  Outlaws commit crimes.  And since now people will cut your throat for the money in your pocket,  I'm speculating that some portion of that murder rate in those strict gun law cities is attributable to violent crime which was born as a result of those strict gun laws.
Can I prove it?  Fuck no.  If Bill O'Reilly's research staff aint figured that out then how in hell could I do it.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Bob wrote:  New Orleans is an exception to what my combined list reveals.  And Atlanta is the one other exception.  
Okay maybe Miami too but those are the only three. I think about all of the other major cities (250k+) are both the strict gun law cites and the ones with the most dirtbag murderers.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:Yes,  New Orleans is an exception to what my combined list reveals.  And Atlanta is the one other exception.  But other  than those two exceptions,  if you compare the lenient gun law cities to the strict gun law cities,  clearly the strict law cities are more murderous.

If we ignore passing yards, we could also make the argument that Peyton Manning is the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL.

We could make a damned good argument for anything we want if we're able to write off that which doesn't fit our model.

"As long as we ignore the fact that the most murderous place in the US has lax gun laws, I think we can make an airtight case for the opposite!"

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:Yes,  New Orleans is an exception to what my combined list reveals.  And Atlanta is the one other exception.  But other  than those two exceptions,  if you compare the lenient gun law cities to the strict gun law cities,  clearly the strict law cities are more murderous.
If we ignore passing yards, we could also make the argument that Peyton Manning is the worst quarterback in the history of the NFL.

We could make a damned good argument for anything we want if we're able to write off that which doesn't fit our model.

"As long as we ignore the fact that the most murderous place in the US has lax gun laws, I think we can make an airtight case for the opposite!"

Dammit, could you please put this in poker terms and leave Peyton Manning out of it?

I don't really think it makes a difference how many people are in a city if there are massive shootings going on.

I mean you can treat it like a "odds" game if you want. But really when I drive through a bad neighborhood and I know its bad I am not thinking well there are 2500 people in this area so my odds of getting raped or shot are very small, keep the doors unlocked and the windows rolled down.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Chrissy wrote:I don't really think it makes a difference how many people are in a city if there are massive shootings going on.

It does. You are objectively wrong.

boards of FL wrote:
Chrissy wrote:I don't really think it makes a difference how many people are in a city if there are massive shootings going on.
It does.  You are objectively wrong.
well if you want to look at it from a statistical point of view yes, im looking at it wrong.

but if you want to be logical, then im right.

if a bar is known to have someone shot everyday, and on fri they have 50 people go to it, and on sat thy have 100, do I actually say oh Im going to this bar on sat because my odds are 1:100 of getting shot instead of 1:50.

??

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:The wiki link provides a list of cities, not states.  The city that tops the list for murder - New Orleans - has extremely lax gun law.  Anyone over the age of 18 can openly carry a gun, no permit or anything required.
As you must know, police went door to door after Katrina and confiscated all guns. That left the law abiding people defenseless and the criminals still well armed.

Markle

Markle

Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola wrote:Being that I live in the 'burbs" of Chicago, I will give you my opinion of this.

Your naiveté is indeed amusing. You must be very young. It most certainly IS a conservative vs liberal problem. One started by FDR but put on steroids by President Lyndon Baines Johnson, his Great Society and War on Poverty.

Really, your naiveté is cute.

I posted Chicago murder stats awhile back.... Liberals just don't care

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:
Born_ n_ RaisedNPcola wrote: This is not a conservative vs liberal problem.
Your naiveté is indeed amusing.  You must be very young.  It most certainly IS a conservative vs liberal problem.  One started by FDR but put on steroids by President Lyndon Baines Johnson, his Great Society and War on Poverty.

Really, your naiveté is cute.
I'm very old. And I think it's a little more complicated than the words "liberal" and "conservative".
Does that make make me a "liberal" by default? lol

Markle

Markle

Your naiveté about Chicago, crime and families is amusing.

There are not two Chicago's. In spite of the fact that even residents of Chicago have considered there to be two for many decades. The North Side and the South Side.

You should ask yourself why the government of Chicago, far left Progressive for many decades, allows that to continue. Have you noticed that your current mayor and former Chief of Staff for President Barack Hussein Obama, Rahm Emanuel won't even take questions about the war zone in SOUTH CHICAGO? The same area where President Obama was a Community Organizer with ACORN and also worked with domestic terrorist Bill Ayers and his mentor was racist and bigot the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

Aside from his involvement in voter registration Community Organizer also taught Saul Alinsky's "Rules for Radicals" which he practices to this day along with the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

For you to compare Chicago with Pensacola is cute too. Foolish but cute.
Although Progressives are working their magic with a city...sadly.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yella

Yella

Joanimaroni wrote:13 people  ( kids and adults) shot while in a park on Chicago's South-side. A 3 year old is in critical condition after being shot in the ear.

The shooting follows a Chicago-style Labor Day week- end blowout .... 8 dead and 20 injured.
Things will improve in the ghetto cities after the Pope sanctifies Trayvon Martin and a twice life size statue is erected in every city at taxpayer expense.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Yella wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:13 people  ( kids and adults) shot while in a park on Chicago's South-side. A 3 year old is in critical condition after being shot in the ear.

The shooting follows a Chicago-style Labor Day week- end blowout .... 8 dead and 20 injured.
Things will improve in the ghetto cities after the Pope sanctifies Trayvon Martin  and a twice life size statue is erected in every city at taxpayer expense.

king 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum