Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What if the government "defaults"? What would it look like?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Well this says it will result in "Economic chaos: Massive unemployment, no credit, depleted savings, long lines at ATMs."

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/project_syndicate/2011/07/what_if_the_government_defaults.html

Is this all true? How the hell would I know. They warned us that "sequestration" would be the end of the world as we know it too.
They've cried wolf so much that who knows what to believe.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And speaking of crying wolf. What the fuck happened to the war in Syria?
Did it end when Obama and Putin ran their mouths and did their masterful "bluffs" as seaoat calls it.

Before the mouth running, the tube (and that's both fox news and msnbc and everything in between) was telling us that war was completely out of control and hundreds of thousands of women and children were dying and the war was going to spill into the whole region and lead to world war 3.

But now that the celebrity mouths have run, I don't see no war on the tube anymore.
I guess Assad and the rebels called off the big war and took their guns and went home. lol

2seaoat

And speaking of crying wolf. What the fuck happened to the war in Syria?

I have been arguing that the bombs would never drop for over three weeks and regularly being chided on what a dumb asz I am about the poker analogy.  I am still waiting patiently for the predictions of other forum members and the media that bombs will fly.........this was elementary Chicago style politics and the President pants his opponents.

It also appears while others rattle swords the President is quietly sending letters to the new president of Iran who is both smart and Western educated and realizes that our agents and others agents are actively fostering revolution among their young people.   Again the President gets an A+, and the table is set for the 2014 Congressional elections.  Also please note that all this has taken attention away from another contrived debt fiasco.
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/09/19/20573897-exclusive-iran-president-blames-israel-for-instability-calls-for-peace?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=1

Last edited by 2seaoat on 9/19/2013, 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Looks like you're talking with yourself Razz 

Did it not shut down under Clinton? I can't remember if anything significant happened. Life will go on if they don't agree, which they won't because of obamacare and the teabagger's.

So how many republican congressmen are there and how many of those are teabagger's? Can't believe the leadership of the republican party are letting a small percentage of their party so to speak overthrow the government.

Guess you're not talking with yourself anymore seaoat got his post in first:P 

2seaoat

Can't believe the leadership of the republican party are letting a small percentage of their party so to speak overthrow the government.

My Republican Party is fractured and irrelevant in national contests. It will be utter chaos after the 2016 election cycle as Democrats on the national stage will have unfettered control of government and folks like Rand Paul will speak for Republicans. He does not speak for me. I will support Christy, but he will never be elected by the Dixiecrat Party which now calls themselves Republicans.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

I have been arguing that the bombs would never drop for over three weeks and regularly being chided on what a dumb asz I am about the poker analogy.  I am still waiting patiently for the predictions of other forum members and the media that bombs will fly.........this was elementary Chicago style politics and the President pants his opponents.
I'm not talking about American bombs dropping,  seaoat.  There was a huge violent war going on without any American bombs dropping.  It was on the tube every night.  Sanjay Gupta had to go to the Lebanon border and do surgery on all the tens of thousands of refugess fleeing the war.  
But now the war seems to have ended because Sanjay came home.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

doubtingthomas wrote:

Did it not shut down under Clinton?  
There could have been a government "shutdown" (whatever that really means and who knows).
But there's NEVER been a default on the debt and that's what chicken little is saying is about to happen.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'll tell you something else that is so bizarre that it makes my head hurt.

We've now seen the American media interview two people.

Assad of Syria
And the new president of Iran.

And in both cases I couldn't even believe what I was seeing. Both these dudes come across on the tube as the most level headed and calm and collected and rational people you ever saw.
They make the screamer politicians we have here look like just that, screamers.

Are they really that level headed and calm and collected and rational?
Or are they masters of propaganda and horseshit?
I honestly don't even know anymore. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And speaking of our screamer politicians...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57603600/mccain-blasts-putin-in-opinion-piece-in-pravda/

See, here's the deal. Putin may be a dirtbag dictator (I have no idea).
But when Putin talks in the New York Times he talks calmly and collectively.
And when American people read that they listen and he gets his points across.

Somebody needs to tell our screamers that when they scream in the Russian newspaper that nobody in Russia wants to hear that shit.

Bob wrote:I'll tell you something else that is so bizarre that it makes my head hurt.

Assad of Syria

And in both cases I couldn't even believe what I was seeing.  Both these dudes come across on the tube as the most level headed and calm and collected and rational people you ever saw.
They make the screamer politicians we have here look like just that,  screamers.

I honestly don't even know anymore.  lol

Who knows Bob. Most human beings in their respective regions around the world are indoctrinated from birth to hate other's who are not just like themselves and the only belief's they should have is taught by their respective government's. Example's: white's and black's from birth taught to hate each other, straight's taught to hate gays, these belief's are drummed into your head from the first words you can understand as a child. Just because someone is different we are taught to hate. They actually may be more level headed than our leadership.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And now for something completely different.

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be an eagle flying over the Swiss Alps?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

doubtingthomas wrote:

Who knows Bob. Most human beings in their respective regions around the world are indoctrinated from birth to hate other's who are not just like themselves and the only belief's they should have is taught by their respective government's. Example's: white's and black's from birth taught to hate each other, straight's taught to hate gays, these belief's are drummed into your head from the first words you can understand as a child. Just because someone is different we are taught to hate. They actually may be more level headed than our leadership.

And that eagle is flying above all of it.  He knows not to come any closer to the ground than a nest in the top of the tree.  Why?  Because the humans are on the ground and he knows better than to trust us.  ANY of us.  

But of course all the various sky daddys (mohammed,  jesus,  you name it) gave us the "dominion" over him.  Shoulda been the other way around.

Bob wrote:And now for something completely different.

Have you ever wondered what it's like to be an eagle flying over the Swiss Alps?

I have thought how much fun it would be to fly over someone I didn't like and shit on their head.lol! lol! 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

doubtingthomas wrote:

I have thought how much fun it would be to fly over someone I didn't like and shit on their head.lol! lol! 
Just make sure they don't have a rifle. lol

Sal

Sal

It would be chaos and damaging to the economy at every level.

And, the effects will be long term.

The United States will have proven itself to the world as a risky borrower with a broken political system.

The infuriating thing about it is that it's pointless.

If it happens, the only silver lining will be that the Republican party will cease to exist, because it will be crystal clear that they and only they were to blame for imploding the economy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Check this out. The shadow of the eagle on the ground kind of gives you an idea of how big his wingspan is.

What if the government "defaults"?  What would it look like? Eagle10

The same thing could happen here

Dissolution of the Soviet Union
On Christmas Day 1991, the Soviet flag flew over the Kremlin in Moscow for the last time. A few days earlier, representatives from 11 Soviet republics (Ukraine, the Russian Federation, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan) met in the Kazakh city of Alma-Ata and announced that they would no longer be part of the Soviet Union. Instead, they declared they would establish a Commonwealth of Independent States. Because the three Baltic republics (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia) had already declared their independence from the USSR, only one of its 15 republics, Georgia, remained. The once-mighty Soviet Union had fallen, largely due to the great number of radical reforms that Soviet president Mikhail Gorbachev had implemented during his six years as the leader of the USSR. However, Gorbachev was disappointed in the dissolution of his nation and resigned from his job on December 25. .

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

WASHINGTON — Soviet leader Mikhail S. Gorbachev bid a spontaneous, flamboyant farewell to America yesterday, showing up late for a final summit talk with President Reagan so he could shake hands with some "ordinary Americans."

Already 90 minutes late for his last White House meeting with the President, Gorbachev ordered his lumbering Soviet Zil limousine to pull to a sudden stop at one of the city's busiest and most elegant downtown intersections.

With Vice President Bush in tow, a smiling Gorbachev greeted startled Christmas shoppers and office workers. The sidewalk filled almost instantly with onlookers clustering eight deep in front of one of the city's top power- lunching spots.

Duke Zeibert, owner of the restaurant famous for its chicken-in-a-pot, pickle bowls and influence-peddling lobbyists, said he ordered a waiter to

throw together a lunch of borscht, caviar and Russian vodka as soon as he saw the power duo step from the limo shortly before noon.

But Gorbachev and Bush did not leave the street where they worked the crowd like presidential running mates. "Hello. Hello. How are you? Hello," Gorbachev said again and again in English, thrilling the crowd with his smiles and outstretched hands.

Onlookers applauded and shrieked joyfully. "The guy is a P.R. genius," said a young woman in the crowd.

"That was very special . . . he didn't have to do that," said one stunned woman, who got an unexpected, up-close look at the Soviet leader hundreds of social climbers had plotted unsuccessfully to see.

"I think he is a very polished politician," said a man in an overcoat. ''Someone is much more human when you can reach out and touch them instead of seeing them on television."

"I've had five presidents eat with me in the last 40 years, and seeing him (Gorbachev) had to be one of the biggest thrills for me," said Zeibert. ''When he got back in his car, the crowd applauded like Sinatra had just given his greatest performance."

Bob wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:

And that eagle is flying above all of it.  He knows not to come any closer to the ground than a nest in the top of the tree.  Why?  Because the humans are on the ground and he knows better than to trust us.  ANY of us.  

But of course all the various sky daddys (mohammed,  jesus,  you name it) gave us the "dominion" over him.  Shoulda been the other way around.
What if the government "defaults"?  What would it look like? Th?id=H.4828704016630388&w=256&h=160&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

That last parts only in your mind.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUkf9hLaqnk

Very Happy 

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:And speaking of our screamer politicians...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57603600/mccain-blasts-putin-in-opinion-piece-in-pravda/

See,  here's the deal.  Putin may be a dirtbag dictator (I have no idea).
But when Putin talks in the New York Times he talks calmly and collectively.
And when American people read that they listen and he gets his points across.

Somebody needs to tell our screamers that when they scream in the Russian newspaper that nobody in Russia wants to hear that shit.
Somebody needs to remind McCain that he's not a member of the Administrative Branch or the State Dept.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

doubtingthomas wrote:
Bob wrote:I'll tell you something else that is so bizarre that it makes my head hurt.

Assad of Syria

And in both cases I couldn't even believe what I was seeing.  Both these dudes come across on the tube as the most level headed and calm and collected and rational people you ever saw.
They make the screamer politicians we have here look like just that,  screamers.

I honestly don't even know anymore.  lol

I don't wish to offend you, but you can remove all your apostrophes.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum