Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How far to compromise your values for love and freindship

+2
Nekochan
Joanimaroni
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

How do you feel about "holding your feelings inside on certain subjects if you know it is something another you care for would get upset at?

How about defending wrongs? Or even trying to use a little white lie or twist something so it goes in the favor of someone you care about?

How far is it ok to compromise our true inner thoughts and ideas for another person when you really care about this person?

I would enjoy a honest non argumentive discussion on this topic f we could. I struggle with this topic.

Thanks

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:How do you feel about "holding your feelings inside on certain subjects if you know it is something another you care for would get upset at?

How about defending wrongs? Or even trying to use a little white lie or twist something so it goes in the favor of someone you care about?

How far is it ok to compromise our true inner thoughts and ideas for another person when you really care about this person?

I would enjoy a honest non argumentive discussion on this topic f we could. I struggle with this topic.

Thanks

How do you feel about "holding your feelings inside on certain subjects if you know it is something another you care for would get upset at? 

You asked the question and gave the answer in the same sentence. No ned to upset someone ....let it go if you can.

Nekochan

Nekochan

If it's something important, you have to talk about it.  If it's not really important and it will save hurt feelings or a fight, I'd probably let it go.  I guess I would say that if it's something that isn't hurting anyone and it won't matter next month or next year, let it go.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:How do you feel about "holding your feelings inside on certain subjects if you know it is something another you care for would get upset at?

Thanks

You asked the question and gave the answer in the same sentence. No ned to upset someone ....let it go if you can.
Even if it upsets you?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thanks

Even if it upsets you?

Either way someone is going to get upset, right......can you live with it? 

sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause. 

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 9/18/2013, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I could be a much more likeable guy IF I would just shut up about Conspiracies....people don't want to know this stuff..Ignorance is bliss....But if I really am concerned about the people I am talking to why would I just feed them what they want to hear ? My kids and friends come to me because they know I will level with them...I am not here to lie and be liked for it.

Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thanks

Even if it upsets you?

sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause. 

Don't you think at some point though that over time the millions of tiny sacrifices of where you've held your peace and you might find yourself in a situation where you feel you can longer communicate, because the list of small sacrifices has grown so large. And you have lost a part of who you even are. Because now you have become the silent couch pillow. Pretty, always there and nice to lay on and never too lumpy.

and yes teo, I agree with you 100% my friend. if you are still my friend.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thanks

Even if it upsets you?

Don't you think at some point though that over time the millions of tiny sacrifices of where you've held your peace and you might find yourself in a situation where you feel you can longer communicate, because the list of small sacrifices has grown so large. And you have lost a part of who you even are. Because now you have become the silent couch pillow. Pretty, always there and nice to lay on and never too lumpy.

Well sure you are my friend even after your kids saw my face on your computer during our Paltalk and screamed in terror...LOL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thanks

Even if it upsets you?

Well sure you are my friend even after your kids saw my face on your computer during our Paltalk and screamed in terror...LOL
LOL that did not happen did it? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

btw, I was trying to sing you a song and you dumped me.Razz 

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thanks

Even if it upsets you?

LOL that did not happen did it? LOLOLOLOLOLOL

btw, I was trying to sing you a song and you dumped me.Razz 
I never ever dumped you..I am on reduced speed on my stupid excide system because I exceeded my 10 gig limit a week ago and I won't have functional internet until the 23rd of this month. I can't even watch a youtube cause my systems too slow till it resets...

Nekochan

Nekochan

Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thanks

Even if it upsets you?

If you feel like it's all one-sided and that you're making all the little sacrifices in the relationship while the other person makes none, you are likely to end up feeling resentful.  Friendship and love is about both people caring about each other and each other's needs.

Nekochan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thanks

Even if it upsets you?

If you feel like it's all one-sided and that you're making all the little sacrifices in the relationship while the other person makes none, you are likely to end up feeling resentful.  Friendship and love is about both people caring about each other and each other's needs.
Oh its not my gf, or any one particular person.

I feel like the older I get the less fight Im willing to put up. even on things that I really believe in. I think im just tired.

In my old chrissy fashion that DE ended up stealing from me without even knowing it LOL... Ill say good night for now. hugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf3pc-7gfOg

I love you 

Nekochan

Nekochan

Chrissy wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Thanks

Even if it upsets you?

Oh its not my gf, or any one particular person.

I feel like the older I get the less fight Im willing to put up. even on things that I really believe in. I think im just tired.

In my old chrissy fashion that DE ended up stealing from me without even knowing it LOL... Ill say good night for now. hugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf3pc-7gfOg

I love you 
Well, there are some people (be it friends, family, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, etc...) that take, take, take and all the sacrifices are one sided.  And that's no good.  But if it's nobody in particular you're talking about then I guess you just decide on a case by case basis how important that person is to you and how much you're willing to sacrifice for the friendship or relationship.

Good night.

Markle

Markle

Two of my closest, oldest friends are...choke...Progressives. We simply avoid the topic of politics. My wife reigns me in if I start to get a little carried away at dinners or other gatherings.

I have always been curious how James Carville and Mary Matalin make it work. They are about as opposite as two people can be on the political spectrum, were married in 1993 and have two daughters. They left Virginia a few years ago and now live in New Orleans.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Markle wrote:Two of my closest, oldest friends are...choke...Progressives.  We simply avoid the topic of politics.  My wife reigns me in if I start to get a little carried away at dinners or other gatherings.

I have always been curious how James Carville and Mary Matalin make it work.  They are about as opposite as two people can be on the political spectrum, were married in 1993 and have two daughters.  They left Virginia a few years ago and now live in New Orleans.
When it comes to difficult topics the first question to ask self is, "Does this person need to know or is the desire to discuss for self. Also, timing is very important when discussing a delicate subject. Meal time is a poor time for emotion laden topics. The other person is left with a double dose of discomfort. First they receive energy laden information. Second, their food sets in the pit of their stomach like a lead gob.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Slicef18 wrote:
Markle wrote:Two of my closest, oldest friends are...choke...Progressives.  We simply avoid the topic of politics.  My wife reigns me in if I start to get a little carried away at dinners or other gatherings.

I have always been curious how James Carville and Mary Matalin make it work.  They are about as opposite as two people can be on the political spectrum, were married in 1993 and have two daughters.  They left Virginia a few years ago and now live in New Orleans.
When it comes to difficult topics the first question to ask self is, "Does this person need to know or is the desire to discuss for self. Also, timing is very important when discussing a delicate subject. Meal time is a poor time for emotion laden topics. The other person is left with a double dose of discomfort. First they receive energy laden information. Second, their food sets in the pit of their stomach like a lead gob.
That is true!  Not at mealtime.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I say NEVER compromise your principles, whether it's with your spouse, your parents, your children, your coworkers (especially your boss) or your friends. Yes, there are grey areas, and maybe you don't have all the pieces of the puzzle. In that case, ask for more info. But in general, always stand up for what you believe in, no matter what the cost. And stand up for other people as well...I will believe this 'til my dying day.

Nekochan

Nekochan

What if someone you love is doing something that doesn't hurt anyone but that you disapprove of?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Nekochan wrote:What if someone you love is doing something that doesn't hurt anyone but that you disapprove of?
We covered masturbating last week...

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Nekochan wrote:What if someone you love is doing something that doesn't hurt anyone but that you disapprove of?
Good example!!!

lol!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Did it include blindness?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joanimaroni wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Good point too!!!  That would be harmful!!

Joanimaroni wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
How far to compromise your values for love and freindship Th?id=H.4877271520644072&w=261&h=176&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

Dire Straits - Portobello Belle Lyrics

Songwriters: KNOPFLER, MARK

Belladonna's on the high street
Her breasts upon the offbeat
And the stalls are just the side shows
Victoriana's old clothes
Yeah she got the skirt so tight now
She wanna travel light now
She wanna tear up all her roots now
She got the turn-up on the boots now
She thinks she's tough
She ain't no English rose
But the blind singer
He's seen enough and he knows

He do a song about a long gone Irish girl
But I got one for you my Portobello Belle
She sees a man upon his back there
Escaping from a sack there
And Belladonna lingers
Her gloves they got no fingers
Blind man he's singing the Irish
He gets his money in a tin dish
Just a corner serenader
Once upon a time he could have made her
She thinks she's tough
She ain't no English rose
But the blind singer
He's seen enough and he knows
He do a song about a long gone Irish girl
Yes and these barrow boys are hawking
And a parakeet is squawking
Upon a truck a paper rhino
She get the crying of a wino
And then she get the reggae rumble
Belladonna's in the jungle
But she ain't no garden flower
There ain't no distress in the tower
Belladonna walks
Belladonna taking control
She don't care about your window box
Or your button hole
She sing a song about a long gone Irish girl

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdbbt31abSU

Smile 

Just lie lol

How far to compromise your values for love and freindship Th?id=H.4956157148530385&w=245&h=111&c=7&rs=1&pid=1

If they a start discussion about some pressing social issue or I have a pressing question about something they say?... Nope to both!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-e2bptjUOc

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum