Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In Memoriam - Birmingham church bombing

+4
Joanimaroni
Nekochan
2seaoat
Floridatexan
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Ms Moon.  You seem to be a  person who seeks to disrespect my City, my Culture, and even my self by trying to project us as some type of evil, sub human species who at one time delighted in the death of small children.  The world that you describe in the 60s is alien to me.  My family, my friends all know my true feelings about others of a different race.  I saw, I lived and I have done what I could help to bridge the gap of racism.  I have no guilt.  My children learned from me.  

Your  shame in being a Southerner seems to be based on your own guilt and inability to effect change around you.

Last edited by Mr Ichi on 9/17/2013, 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

bluemoon wrote:When the subject is discrimination against black people and they have witnessed discrimination against a black person, Yes, they would pretty much have to mention that the subject was black.

You're ridiculous.

Read the topic of the thread moron. It's not generic.

It is specifically about discrimination against black people.

Nobody killed those little girls because they were Asians or white,did  they?
AND FYI, I believe you said something about some prejudice against some Asian friends in New Orleans. Were you bragging about having Asian friends?

I don't have any Asian friends. I'm so Jealous of you,  and you are SO TOLERANT to have those people as friends.  Wonderful Nekochan. You are no doubt a better person than the rest of us.
"Those people"?   What does that mean?

My Japanese friends tolerate me, not the other way around.  No, I wasn't bragging.  I was politely suggesting that just because you have poor service in a restaurant it doesn't mean it's racism.   There have been lots of times I was out having dinner and I wasn't getting good service while the tables across from me were getting service.  I assumed it was the waitress waiting on my section of the restaurant or poor training or such. Not that racism doesn't happen or exist, I just wouldn't automatically jump to that conclusion.   But if the security guard follows only a group of Japanese tourists throughout a store, and stands there and watches them from a few feet away the entire time they are in the store, while totally ignoring everyone else coming and going from the store, it might be racism.

Nekochan

Nekochan

bluemoon wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
bluemoon wrote:I'd say that as long as a white southerner cannot mention having a friend who is black who has experienced racial discrimination  without having6 other Southerners pop in and claim they're  just "bragging" about having a black friend, racism exists.   It exists big time on this forum,

I understand the old joke about a  racist claiming to have a black friend to hide the fact that he's racist, and I fully expected that response from several of you on the forum. Especially considering how childish about half the people on here are.  However, since the topic was whether things have changed in the last 50 years, it was  perfectly reasonable to mention an incident of discrimination that I witnessed personally, in just the last few years.

That some of you cannot understand that is way more telling about you than it is about me. This is the 21st century.  Nobody is "bragging" about having a black friend. A lot of people have black friends and black neighbors. Most of our children have close friends who may be black, or gay, or who may have purple or green hair. I suppose they're not allowed to mention their friends in a conversation, or they're somehow prejudiced or even bragging.   That's  moronic and idiotic, but then,like I said, at least half of you fit into that category.
Some people on here have a lot of growing up to do. They should try and grow up at least as much  as their children have.

I actually understand though. It's a touchy subject when you know how you actually do think but are trying to hide  it with a joke. Anything to change the subject to something more comfortable, right?
It's never comfortable to think that in only as far back as our own parents generation there were white people here in this part of the country, and a lot of them, that really didn't give a damn when a black child was killed by a bomb. I knew a lot of those people when I was a kid, and so  did every other person who grew up when I did.
Cat, you are the joke. So why not drop the lecture along with your holier than thou attitude.

You still don't get it; bragging about having a black friend .

In this day and age, non- racist people normally have more than one black friend. 

Hate to break the news to you....but we are friends with several black families and have numerous black friends. I do, however, think it is nice that you have a black friend. You have progressed from the way you were.
Nobody was bragging Mrs.  Kravitz, as I just explained. I have several black friends, but only ONE was with me that day. Now what is your answer to your best friend on this forum, Nekochan, talking about all those Asian friends she has. Is she bragging?  Damned sure sounds like it to me. Or could she just have been talking about racial discrimination, which I was and which everyone else in the discussion was doing.

You make a horse's ass of yourself Mrs Kravitz, when all you do is follow your buddy around and try to pick up her shit when she screws up.  Did you know that?  Some people actually think you're a joke.
You're awfully angry today.   Crying or Very sad

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Mr Ichi wrote:Ms Moon.  You seem to be a  person who seeks to disrespect my City, my Culture, and even my self by trying to project us as some type of evil, sub human species who at one time delighted in the death of small children.  The world that you describe in the 60s is alien to me.  My family, my friends all know my true feelings about others of a different race.  I saw, I lived and I have done what I could help to bridge the gap of racism.  I have no guilt.  My children learned from me.  

Your  shame in being a Southerner seems to be based on your own guilt and inability to effect change around you.
cheers cheers cheers 

Thank you.

Nekochan wrote:
bluemoon wrote:When the subject is discrimination against black people and they have witnessed discrimination against a black person, Yes, they would pretty much have to mention that the subject was black.

You're ridiculous.

AND FYI, I believe you said something about some prejudice against some Asian friends in New Orleans. Were you bragging about having Asian friends?

I don't have any Asian friends. I'm so Jealous of you,  and you are SO TOLERANT to have those people as friends.  Wonderful Nekochan. You are no doubt a better person than the rest of us.
The thread is about the horrible bombing and murder of innocent girls by some evil, racist men 50 years ago. 

When you mentioned young people and their experiences with their friends today....I am saying that in my experience with my kids and other young people that I know,  they don't describe their friends in the manner in which you posted.   They just say "my friend....."  

Young people didn't experience life in the 1960s so they don't compare or differentiate life from back then.

But thank goodness they have you to tell them all about it.  Again and again and again...and about how you and your family were so great and non-racist and different from all the other horrible southerners.
If your children were discussing discrimination about gay people and talked about a friend who was discriminated against because he was gay, They would NOT be bragging about having a gay friend. They would be making perfectly logical statements related to the conversation at hand. No, it's not about precious little girls who were killed, it's about precious little black girls who were killed. You cannot ignore the reason for the bombings. You would like to. My point has always been that this is only ONE generation removed from the people of my age. It is not ancient history and something that has gone away completely. There are still siblings of those girls alive today. Yet you expect nobody to blame anybody for what happened, everybody should forget the past and pretend it did not happen. No black people should resent the culture of the South that bred those monsters back then. They should all just forget about it and enjoy the way things are today. That's today. When even on this forum,mentioning you have a friend who is black is greeted with jeers and jokes.
You don't want to get it.Just don't ever bring up an asian friend of yours anymore, because if you so much as use the word Asian, I'm going to remind you of what you just said about your children.

Nekochan wrote:

You're ridiculous.

My Japanese friends tolerate me, not the other way around.  No, I wasn't bragging.  I was politely suggesting that just because you have poor service in a restaurant it doesn't mean it's racism.   There have been lots of times I was out having dinner and I wasn't getting good service while the tables across from me were getting service.  I assumed it was the waitress waiting on my section of the restaurant or poor training or such. Not that racism doesn't happen or exist, I just wouldn't automatically jump to that conclusion.   But if the security guard follows only a group of Japanese tourists throughout a store, and stands there and watches them from a few feet away the entire time they are in the store, while totally ignoring everyone else coming and going from the store, it might be racism.

OH MY GOD.  My JAPANESE FRIENDS TOLERATE ME, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, their civilization is higher than the civilization of us caucasians, and you are their N. word? They tolerate you even though you are white and obviously  below them.   So it's okay to brag about having Asian friends, because THEY ARE A HIGHER LIFE FORM THAN YOU, but don't mention having BLACK FRIENDS because I'm just bragging because I tolerate them, even though from your explanation, they must be below me.

You just said it all without even trying. I'm going to be sure and keep a copy of that post.

Just to remind me of exactly how you do think. Don't worry, I knew that's how you thought all along.
That's it, I don't even have to inhabit this thread anymore, Neko, you've just said it all.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bluemoon wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
bluemoon wrote:I'd say that as long as a white southerner cannot mention having a friend who is black who has experienced racial discrimination  without having6 other Southerners pop in and claim they're  just "bragging" about having a black friend, racism exists.   It exists big time on this forum,

I understand the old joke about a  racist claiming to have a black friend to hide the fact that he's racist, and I fully expected that response from several of you on the forum. Especially considering how childish about half the people on here are.  However, since the topic was whether things have changed in the last 50 years, it was  perfectly reasonable to mention an incident of discrimination that I witnessed personally, in just the last few years.

That some of you cannot understand that is way more telling about you than it is about me. This is the 21st century.  Nobody is "bragging" about having a black friend. A lot of people have black friends and black neighbors. Most of our children have close friends who may be black, or gay, or who may have purple or green hair. I suppose they're not allowed to mention their friends in a conversation, or they're somehow prejudiced or even bragging.   That's  moronic and idiotic, but then,like I said, at least half of you fit into that category.
Some people on here have a lot of growing up to do. They should try and grow up at least as much  as their children have.

I actually understand though. It's a touchy subject when you know how you actually do think but are trying to hide  it with a joke. Anything to change the subject to something more comfortable, right?
It's never comfortable to think that in only as far back as our own parents generation there were white people here in this part of the country, and a lot of them, that really didn't give a damn when a black child was killed by a bomb. I knew a lot of those people when I was a kid, and so  did every other person who grew up when I did.
Cat, you are the joke. So why not drop the lecture along with your holier than thou attitude.

You still don't get it; bragging about having a black friend .

In this day and age, non- racist people normally have more than one black friend. 

Hate to break the news to you....but we are friends with several black families and have numerous black friends. I do, however, think it is nice that you have a black friend. You have progressed from the way you were.
Nobody was bragging Mrs.  Kravitz, as I just explained. I have several black friends, but only ONE was with me that day. Now what is your answer to your best friend on this forum, Nekochan, talking about all those Asian friends she has. Is she bragging?  Damned sure sounds like it to me. Or could she just have been talking about racial discrimination, which I was and which everyone else in the discussion was doing.

You make a horse's ass of yourself Mrs Kravitz, when all you do is follow your buddy around and try to pick up her shit when she screws up.  Did you know that?  Some people actually think you're a joke.

Oh for God sake. This is the second day you have been boasting about A BLACK FRIEND.

Now you are changing it to " only one was with you".  Cat you keep on changing and explaining....but people see through your BS.

This thread has run it's course. Projection is all you are doing.

Psychological projection is a defense mechanism in which a person attributes undesirable thoughts or feelings onto someone else...

Nekochan

Nekochan

Poor bluemoon, so angry.  

Let's get a few things straight. I said that the bombing was a racist crime.   I blame the murderers for the crime, not all white southerners.  I didn't call my friends Asian, I said that they are Japanese.  I do have Asian friends who aren't Japanese.  I like all "those people" who I call my friends.

You don't have to explain anything to anyone anymore Neko. You said it all with your last post. You explained exactly the way you think.

And there's nothing that your mamma's little helper, Mrs Kravitz can do to explain what you just posted.

Like I said, there's not a word left to say after that bomb you just dropped.
So I don't plan to.

Watcher

Watcher

bluemoon wrote:You don't have to explain anything to anyone anymore Neko. You said it all with your last post.  You explained exactly the way you think.

And there's nothing that your mamma's little helper, Mrs Kravitz can do to explain what you just posted.

So I don't plan to.

Rolling Eyes 

Last edited by Watcher on 9/17/2013, 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

bluemoon wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

You're ridiculous.

OH MY GOD.  My JAPANESE FRIENDS TOLERATE ME, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, their civilization is higher than the civilization of us caucasians, and you are their N. word? They tolerate you even though you are white and obviously  below them.   So it's okay to brag about having Asian friends, because THEY ARE A HIGHER LIFE FORM THAN YOU, but don't mention having BLACK FRIENDS because I'm just bragging because I tolerate them, even though from your explanation, they must be below me.

You just said it all without even trying. I'm going to be sure and keep a copy of that post.

Just to remind me of exactly how you do think. Don't worry, I knew that's how you thought all along.
That's it, I don't even have to inhabit this thread anymore, Neko, you've just said it all.
Please do keep a copy of my post.  What I posted is the heartfelt truth. When I was in a place where I couldn't read the notes from my daughter's teacher, I couldn't read the instructions on how to buy a ticket at the train station, I couldn't understand the instructions about how to open a bank account....and so many other times when I was an illiterate, bumbling, lost American.....my friends were there to help me.

Nekochan

Nekochan

bluemoon wrote:You don't have to explain anything to anyone anymore Neko. You said it all with your last post.  You explained exactly the way you think.

So I don't plan to.
Good.  I'll remember that and I'll say what I said often on here.

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:So long as we have race baiters like Floridatexan, Bluemoon, President Barack Hussein Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Rev. Jerimiah Wright, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Father Pflager, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., King Samir Shabazz, Van Jones, Barney Franks, Charlie Rangel, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Andre Carson, Shirley Sherrod…and others, we'll continue to have racism.  They cannot afford to let it die.

They act like nothing has changed in the past fifty years and they are all still victims.

Pathetic!
Get off my thread, asshole.
What did I post which is not true?  I realize how it might sting but which of those would be where they are today without racism?
Are you even capable of writing anything without turning it into hyperpartisan BS?...and/or insults??
Was it not you who made this post?  "Get off my thread, asshole."

What it not you who started this racist thread?

Last edited by Markle on 9/17/2013, 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

Joanimaroni wrote:
Mr Ichi wrote:Ms Moon.  You seem to be a  person who seeks to disrespect my City, my Culture, and even my self by trying to project us as some type of evil, sub human species who at one time delighted in the death of small children.  The world that you describe in the 60s is alien to me.  My family, my friends all know my true feelings about others of a different race.  I saw, I lived and I have done what I could help to bridge the gap of racism.  I have no guilt.  My children learned from me.  

cheers cheers cheers 

Thank you.
cheers cheers cheers

Thank you.

You're ridiculous.

Well no doubt she is a better person than you. You've been harping on her for years on the PNJ and now here. I hope you're proud of yourself for a broken family relationship.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Markle wrote:So long as we have race baiters like Floridatexan, Bluemoon, President Barack Hussein Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Rev. Jerimiah Wright, Rev. Al Sharpton, Minister Louis Farrakhan, Father Pflager, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Sr., Rev. Jesse Jackson, Jr., King Samir Shabazz, Van Jones, Barney Franks, Charlie Rangel, Barbara Boxer, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Andre Carson, Shirley Sherrod…and others, we'll continue to have racism.  They cannot afford to let it die.

They act like nothing has changed in the past fifty years and they are all still victims.

Pathetic!
Get off my thread, asshole.
What did I post which is not true?  I realize how it might sting but which of those would be where they are today without racism?
Are you even capable of writing anything without turning it into hyperpartisan BS?...and/or insults??
Was it not you who made this post?  "Get off my thread, asshole."

What it not you who started this racist thread?
I started this thread to commemorate those little girls who died that horrible day because of some creepy KKK assholes who thought it was a good idea to bomb a church. And most of them got away with it for years. I find that appalling. And you calling me a racist is something in the realm of stupid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum