Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Putin's Diplomacy makes Obama look like a Warmonger!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

" . . . It is alarming that military intervention in internal conflicts in foreign countries has become commonplace for the United States. Is it in America’s long-term interest? I doubt it. Millions around the world increasingly see America not as a model of democracy but as relying solely on brute force, cobbling coalitions together under the slogan “you’re either with us or against us.”

But force has proved ineffective and pointless. Afghanistan is reeling, and no one can say what will happen after international forces withdraw. Libya is divided into tribes and clans. In Iraq the civil war continues, with dozens killed each day. In the United States, many draw an analogy between Iraq and Syria, and ask why their government would want to repeat recent mistakes.

No matter how targeted the strikes or how sophisticated the weapons, civilian casualties are inevitable, including the elderly and children, whom the strikes are meant to protect.

The world reacts by asking: if you cannot count on international law, then you must find other ways to ensure your security. Thus a growing number of countries seek to acquire weapons of mass destruction. This is logical: if you have the bomb, no one will touch you. We are left with talk of the need to strengthen nonproliferation, when in reality this is being eroded.

We must stop using the language of force and return to the path of civilized diplomatic and political settlement.

A new opportunity to avoid military action has emerged in the past few days. The United States, Russia and all members of the international community must take advantage of the Syrian government’s willingness to place its chemical arsenal under international control for subsequent destruction. Judging by the statements of President Obama, the United States sees this as an alternative to military action.

I welcome the president’s interest in continuing the dialogue with Russia on Syria. We must work together to keep this hope alive, as we agreed to at the Group of 8 meeting in Lough Erne in Northern Ireland in June, and steer the discussion back toward negotiations. . . "

This former communist/athiest (according to Herr Markle), appears more in tune with solving political problems without violence than either of the two Bushes or Obama!!

Thank God for Peace loving Athiests!!

2seaoat

You still do not get it...........it was a bluff. They were never going to drop bombs in Syria. It just was not going to happen. He convinced the Russians. He convinced the British and French. He convinced the progressives. He convinced the Republicans. He convinced the Donkey media. He convinced the main stream media.

You cannot execute a bluff without convincing folks. He will not use weapons. The funny part is after Putin has taken the bait hook line and sinker, he is going to convince America he is the Peace loving person who seeks a resolution in Syria.................you cannot make up this comedy of the absurd up, as negotiations for securing Russian hegemony over European fuel sources is negotiated in the deal.

At least you and Markle and T have all agreed on what a great guy Putin is........I have some wetland in Milton I would like to sell you.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

At least you and Markle and T have all agreed on what a great guy Putin is........I have some wetland in Milton I would like to sell you.
Yes they all think what a great guy putin is.  And you think what a great guy obama is.

This explains what made Vince McMahon a very wealthy man.  And he would see your wetland and raise you the brooklyn bridge. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

About your milton wetland metaphor,  seaoat.

I actually literally (no metaphor) own a lot in the most legendary "florida swampland" of them all.  It's called euphemistically "River Ranch Acres".
It's not far south of Kissimmee and Disney.
My old man bought it in the 60's.  
Every year I pay the Polk County tax collector $18 in property tax on it.  lol

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/06/05/State/Off_road__off_limits.shtml

I would like to walk on it one day before I croak.  But I'll need to be well armed when I do.  The squatters and "homeless" and other bums (some of them really scary types)  have blocked off all access to it.  lol

2seaoat

I have some commercial land over in Milton which has some wetland, and when dealing with their staff, I would rather have Putin and Obama at the table because they have a level of intelligence. You cannot find a group of people more challenged than Santa Rosa development folks who are clueless to how private enterprise works, and they would just as soon pick my underwear out of my drawer in the morning than let a citizen use their property as zoned. You think the war mongers are just on the international level......they have conquered liberty and property rights in Santa Rosa County, the home of the champions of our constitution, well that is unless you are not a GOB who has to act like a trained seal to use their property.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:when dealing with their staff, I would rather have Putin and Obama at the table because they have a level of intelligence.  
I think you and I may have finally found some common ground.  lol

A friend of mine had a whole lots of dealings with a certain individual for many years.  And so did I to a limited degree (but it didn't take much to get the lowdown on him).  
That was all before he became a Santa Rosa County Commissioner.  And if he is indicative of the kind of people who run that county,  I would take Obama and Putin any day.  And probably Kim Jung Ill too.  lol

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:About your milton wetland metaphor,  seaoat.

I actually literally (no metaphor) own a lot in the most legendary "florida swampland" of them all.  It's called euphemistically "River Ranch Acres".

I would like to walk on it one day before I croak.  But I'll need to be well armed when I do.  The squatters and "homeless" and other bums (some of them really scary types)  have blocked off all access to it.  lol
Bob I think you could apply for government assistance on this property of yours and create a nonprofit wildlife sanctuary.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Bob I think you could apply for government assistance on this property of yours and create a nonprofit wildlife sanctuary.
Here's an ebay auction for a lot that won't even bring the $100 minimum bid.  So you can imagine how crooked this all was.  lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/River-Ranch-Acres-Florida-Vacant-Recreational-Acreage-/231038284769?pt=Land&hash=item35caf473e1

I love what he says in his auction description...

"Land in Florida is nearly impossible to find at these price levels."

No shit, sherlock. lol

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:About your milton wetland metaphor,  seaoat.

Fifteen or twenty years ago I came across an article about a very old subdivision in Central Florida where the homeless and others had taken over the area as being abandoned. I doubt it was the same area but originally it was supposed to be like an RV park today but more for like those old Airstream trailers.

Some of the folks did research to find out of state owners and started paying taxes on the property. They had built "structures" on the property with electricity. After seven years of "open, hostile and notorious occupation of the property AND paying the property taxes all those years, some made a legal claim to the land under our adverse possession laws in our state.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum