Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arctic Sea Ice Up 60 Percent in 2013

+2
Sal
VectorMan
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

An unusually cold Arctic summer has resulted in almost a million more square miles of ocean covered with ice compared to the same time last year, bucking predictions that global warming would result in the disappearance of the ice cap by 2013.

According to the MailOnline, Arctic sea ice averaged 2.35 million square miles in August 2013 compared to the low point of 1.32 million square miles recorded in September 2012.

"We are already in a cooling trend, which I think will continue for the next 15 years at least. There is no doubt the warming of the 1980s and 1990s has stopped," Anastasios Tsonis of the University of Wisconsin told the Mail.

A 2007 BBC report predicted the Arctic would be ice free in 2013, the Mail reported.

The UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, however, continues to insist that global warming has been caused by human greenhouse gas emissions as opposed to natural variability, but according to the Mail, there is mounting evidence that Arctic ice levels are cyclical.

The development has cast doubt on the validity of modeling and predictions of intensified global warming which has already been the basis of recent debate within the scientific community, the Mail reports.

Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/SciTech/arctic-sea-ice-cooling/2013/09/10/id/524888#ixzz2eXQgZ7fy

an extra million miles of artic sea ice than last year. Its going to be a scary winter up north I bet.

Newsmax isn't the most respected news service on the planet.

It's ok with me for you to believe whatever you want to believe, because your kids and grandkids will be watching the end of life on the planet without me. I'll be long gone before then, and so far I don't have any descendants to worry about.
I doubt that the end of mankind is going to bother me in the least.

Just one more evolving life form on a small, insignificant planet that didn't quite make it because superstition was more important to them than science. We let the stupid rule over the intelligent. Maybe life will last a lot longer on some planet in a faraway galaxy where intelligence is respected more.

I'll cross my fingers about that.

bluemoon wrote:Newsmax isn't the most respected news service on the planet.

It's ok with me for you to believe whatever you want to believe, because your kids and grandkids will be watching the end of life on the planet without me. I'll be long gone before then, and so far I don't have any descendants to worry about.

Just one more evolving life form on a small,  insignificant planet that didn't quite make it because superstition was more important to them than science. We let the stupid rule over the intelligent.  Maybe life will last a lot longer on  some planet in a faraway galaxy where intelligence is respected more.

here you go moon...
--------

The area of Arctic sea ice was nearly 30% greater in August than a year ago, according to recent satellite data, though projections based on longer-term trends suggest the sea ice will continue its decline over time.

Arctic sea ice covered 2.35 million square miles in August, up from 1.82 million square miles a year earlier, according to the National Snow and Ice Data Center, or NSIDC, in Boulder, Colo. The level recorded last year was a record low.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323864604579067243988516908.html

Sal

Sal

This has already been debunked on this very forum.  

Pay attention and learn something for a change. 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

With a few minutes searching the internet you can find a dozen websites telling you the science says there is no global warming. And another dozen websites telling you the science has validated global warming.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:With a few minutes searching the internet you can find a dozen websites telling you the science says there is no global warming.  And another dozen websites telling you the science has validated global warming.

What do the peer reviewed scientific studies say?

We've been through this ....

Sal wrote:This has already been debunked on this very forum.  

what's been debunked? maybe I didn't see the thread. are you saying that there isn't more artic ice this year than last? because that's what we are talking about.

You can't convince the looney liberals of any type of facts

Sal is st the too of the Dumarse list and yes spell edit that for sal

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:This has already been debunked on this very forum.

Another lie.  Keep up the good work.

Arctic Sea Ice Up 60 Percent in 2013 2013HowtheIceSheetGrew

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:What do the peer reviewed scientific studies say?

We've been through this
Stop throwing me those softballs.

Peer-Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamestaylor/2013/02/13/peer-reviewed-survey-finds-majority-of-scientists-skeptical-of-global-warming-crisis/

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:With a few minutes searching the internet you can find a dozen websites telling you the science says there is no global warming.  And another dozen websites telling you the science has validated global warming.

The problem is that this issue has become too politicized, polarizing people on either side. You are a heretic if you don't believe in global warming, and a lunatic if you do.

What makes things worse is the global warming believers have nearly turned the issue into a religion, and they are ready to go on a Crusade against the heretics who do not believe. There is danger in such zealotry.

There is no way to eliminate mankind's CO2 emissions without draconian controls on the daily lives of every man on earth--from a global enforcement authority. That is the part that scares me, and that is what I think many of those Crusaders are seeking.

"...Danger, Will Robinson!!..."

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Humans could survive an unfrozen earth much easier than a snowball earth... I think everyone could agree w that.

Nekochan

Nekochan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

The problem is that this issue has become too politicized, polarizing people on either side. You are a heretic if you don't believe in global warming, and a lunatic if you do.

What makes things worse is the global warming believers have nearly turned the issue into a religion, and they are ready to go on a Crusade against the heretics who do not believe. There is danger in such zealotry.

There is no way to eliminate mankind's CO2 emissions without draconian controls on the daily lives of every man on earth--from a global enforcement authority. That is the part that scares me, and that is what I think many of those Crusaders are seeking.

"...Danger, Will Robinson!!..."
cheers cheers cheers 

Nekochan

Nekochan

PkrBum wrote:Humans could survive an unfrozen earth much easier than a snowball earth... I think everyone could agree w that.
Yep, I'd go with a little warmer than colder any day.  Also, it's been noted that a warming trend would make more of Earth more farm-friendly.

VectorMan

VectorMan

bluemoon wrote:Newsmax isn't the most respected news service on the planet.

Just one more evolving life form on a small,  insignificant planet that didn't quite make it because superstition was more important to them than science. We let the stupid rule over the intelligent.  Maybe life will last a lot longer on  some planet in a faraway galaxy where intelligence is respected more.

What respected "news service" would make you believe there is more ice now than last year?

What really gets me about liberals and this so-called man made global warming is that the libs claim you're for polluted air and dirty water if you don't agree with them. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm all for clean air and water, more fuel efficient and hybrid vehicles. Really anything that conserves and recycles, solar and wind power, all that good stuff.

The current pushers of global warming are in it for the money (carbon tax) and control. The liberal progressives that would like to rule every aspect of your life from the womb to the tomb (if they actually allow you to be born). No freedom or liberty for anyone under their rule.

Screw that shit!  

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum