Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Supposedly 8 million sign ups for ObamaCare BUT ONLY 28 percent between 18 and 34 years old. FAR below the 38 to 40 percent NECESSARY to sustain the boondoggle.

+3
Sal
dumpcare
Markle
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Supposedly 8 million sign ups for ObamaCare BUT ONLY 28 percent between 18 and 34 years old. FAR below the 38 to 40 percent NECESSARY to sustain the boondoggle.

"The most coveted age group comprises those between 18 and 34 years old. White House officials said that for the 36 states where the federal government is taking the lead, 28 percent are in that age group..."

Read more: http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/politics&id=9508133

dumpcare

Pay attention:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/04/17/fact-sheet-affordable-care-act-numbers

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Pay attention:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/04/17/fact-sheet-affordable-care-act-numbers

"Factsheet" from the White House?  No, I don't think so.

Who was it that won the award for the biggest lie of the year?

How many of those 8 million HAD insurance BEFORE ObamaCare and lost their plan?

How many of those 8 million HAD NO insurance before ObamaCare?

Last edited by Markle on 4/18/2014, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Math is hard ....

.... we get it.

lol

Obviously you do not.

What did I post which is NOT true?

http://hrms.urban.org/quicktakes/changeInUninsurance.html

This finds 5.4m that were previously uninsured. Considering the numbers thrown around for medicaid...

All off this was most likely crammed down our throats for a couple of million people... less than 1%.

No savings... displaced insured... broken dr/patient relationships... growing insurance corporations... more govt control...

Congratulations comrades.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

In my book, a healthcare plan that attempts to cover more people and at the same time cut waste and fraud is a good thing. This plan will eventually improve the quality of health care in this country, although it needs refining. This is a "good thing", as opposed to preemptive wars and crashing the economy.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:http://hrms.urban.org/quicktakes/changeInUninsurance.html

This finds 5.4m that were previously uninsured. Considering the numbers thrown around for medicaid...

All off this was most likely crammed down our throats for a couple of million people... less than 1%.

No savings... displaced insured... broken dr/patient relationships... growing insurance corporations... more govt control...

Congratulations comrades.

Your numbers seem to come from thin air...they're nowhere near accurate. If you really want to delve into this subject, why don't you educate yourself on it first?

2seaoat

Your numbers seem to come from thin air...they're nowhere near accurate. If you really want to delve into this subject, why don't you educate yourself on it first?

you think it is thin air....well you must be breathing that thin air if you think PK will educate himself on any issue.......he just avoids facts. He does not know the cancellation rate under pre ACA......Mr. P gave him a hint that the private market had a policy last an average of 18 months, but this concept flew right over PK's capacity.......now if he could only do the math and research he would quit making a fool of himself.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle is desperate... And he pleads with us to think what he says is true. LOL!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

The utter idiocy of riding into a box canyon which anybody could have told these folks that cancellations of policies and non payment was greater before ACA, but they charged into the box canyon, and from above they quit talking about cancellations, but are focusing on non payment which suggests that participants are dead beats......but again....it is a box canyon. The truth is that the savings and cost containment are becoming obvious. It was not good strategy hoping this would fail. If by chance the American people are not as stupid to believe the box canyon is the answer, this does not bode well for the mid terms. However, if lies and distortions told frequently enough and loud enough can capture the low hanging fruit.........they will prove to be fruitful.....my guess is too many people understand the truth, and even if they do not like the black president, the alternative policies are becoming very obvious and desperate.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:

"Factsheet" from the White House? No, I don't think so.

I know this will make you scream ... but nobody gives a damn what you think. Given your input or a real source, only an idiot would choose Herr Markle. Reality.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Sal wrote:Math is hard ....

.... we get it.

lol

Obviously you do not.

What did I post which is NOT true?

we could start with your claim that the White House's latest release on the performance of the Affordable Care Act is untrue. You offer zero evidence other than the fact you don't trust them. Maybe it's too much caffeine? LOL

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

It's starting to be obvious -- the ACA is beginning to succeed, and if the trend continues Obama's healthcare act will become as much a part of American life as Social Security or Medicare.

Indeed, even the most diehard republicans are beginning to concede that it's no longer failing and their chance to repeal the law is steadily diminishing.

Golly, what will poor Ted Cruz and Herr Markle have to whine about now? LOL!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Herr Markle: Go to the roof of a tall building and jump. You've lost again.

"8 million people signed up for private insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace. For states that have Federally-Facilitated Marketplaces, 35 percent of those who signed up are under 35 years old and 28 percent are between 18 and 34 years old, virtually the same youth percentage that signed up in Massachusetts in their first year of health reform."

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Herr Markle:  Go to the roof of a tall building and jump.  You've lost again.

"8 million people signed up for private insurance in the Health Insurance Marketplace. For states that have Federally-Facilitated Marketplaces, 35 percent of those who signed up are under 35 years old and 28 percent are between 18 and 34 years old, virtually the same youth percentage that signed up in Massachusetts in their first year of health reform."

You do swallow whatever Cool Aid is fed to you by President Barack Hussein Obama.

You may not be aware of it but those from birth to 18 do not PAY anything and are on their parents insurance.

Whew, you are on some serious drugs aren't you?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Herr Markle:  Go to the roof of a tall building and jump.  You've lost again.

You do swallow whatever Cool Aid is fed to you by President Barack Hussein Obama.

You may not be aware of it but those from birth to 18 do not PAY anything and are on their parents insurance.

What's it like living in a world where only you believe you are a hero? LOL

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

What's it like living in a world where only you believe you are a hero?  LOL

Once AGAIN...that's all you've got? A personal insult?

Supposedly 8 million sign ups for ObamaCare BUT ONLY 28 percent between 18 and 34 years old.  FAR below the 38 to 40 percent NECESSARY to sustain the boondoggle. Socratestoo

Markle wrote:

Im with ya Markle. This administration lies and lies and lies. The lies never end. They lie, break the law etc etc it goes on and on. I looked at the chart. it is clearly a fabrication of more fuzzy gov numbers. I don't think we will have any true facts about this for another year or two. but you know who knows about how well its working? the healthcare industry. The people on the supposedly receiving end of the so called additional paying customers. lol

You know who else knows how wonderful this is supposed to be? all those people paying higher ins rates now lol

2seaoat

Mr Markle and PK keep telling lies.....well read it and weep

http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2014/03/03/how-many-nongroup-policies-were-canceled-estimates-from-december-2013/

http://content.healthaffairs.org/content/23/6/210.full#R14

In a two year cycle 83% of policies were cancelled or approximately 40 plus percent a year. Under the ACA improvement of policies this dropped to 17% so when will Mr. Markle and PK quit lying and tell the truth. The truth is that less people have had their policies cancelled since ACA and instead of making the outrageous and stupid argument that the net insured is less than what the figures being released......idiocy and lies......the fact is even more are retaining their insurance under ACA and the the 8 million is a total real gain PLUS MORE PEOPLE KEEPING THEIR EXISTING POLICIES.

liar liar pants on fire...........the funny part is the folks who were spewing the lie on cancellations pulled the lie four weeks ago and replaced it with nonpayment because these facts were readily available.......and the best part......guess which rate of payment is better?

by ppaca Yesterday at 8:43 pm
Pay attention:

_______

ROflmao

2seaoat

Anything leaving the Quarters of the COWH is a flat out lie.

Well your big argument about more cancellations than new sign ups.......splendid lie..........do you admit the same? I bet you, Markle, and PK are having a problem reconciling your lies.....hardly time to point fingers at the White House lies......this is so easy.

dumpcare

Just because I post a link does not mean I necessarily believe it. As someone said in another thread I believe the number's are hard to track and not exactly accurate. There are too many variable's, on exchange vs off exchange, medicaid vs nothing. Then there are small pockets in the U.S. that did indeed lose the plans they were currently on. Then there will be a few that never pay and the ones that will drop mid year for one reason or another.  I doubt it is as many as news outlet's report, because when Obama said the insurance company's could keep the plans that weren't compliant most states OIR's and insurance company's went along with it and did not cancel policy's. But some of that is still coming and you will start hearing more of it as this year go along.

Most that bought and were effective Oct 1 - Dec 31st 2013 indeed will be cancelled throughout this year. Most plans that were very basic to begin with that were sold in the past few years will also be cancelled. When non calendar year anniversary dates come around this summer the rate increases will be high (on older plans) and will qualify for special enrollment's and may receive a subsidy and change plans.

I think to say this is a success is too early based on what the white house or any news organization puts out. If it is to be a success it will show during tax season 2015 when everyone's subsidy will be reconciled against their modified adjusted gross income. I know quite a few people stretched the truth to obtain the advanced premium tax credit. The smart ones (if they could have afforded it) should have bypassed the subsidy altogether, bought off exchange and then when doing taxes next year if they would have received a subsidy this year would have received it in their tax return.

I do think (could be wrong) that the republican's will tear this up during their campaigning by promising to repeal it and win the senate, but they never will repeal it even after winning, but rather change parts of it.

But remember, if you are going to post inaccurate article's you leave the door open for everyone to post them. Not saying the white house is inaccurate, but I can't believe anyone really knows.

ppaca wrote:Just because I post a link does not mean I necessarily believe it. As someone said in another thread I believe the number's are hard to track and not exactly accurate. There are too many variable's, on exchange vs off exchange, medicaid vs nothing. Then there are small pockets in the U.S. that did indeed lose the plans they were currently on. Then there will be a few that never pay and the ones that will drop mid year for one reason or another.  I doubt it is as many as news outlet's report, because when Obama said the insurance company's could keep the plans that weren't compliant most states OIR's and insurance company's went along with it and did not cancel policy's. But some of that is still coming and you will start hearing more of it as this year go along.

Most that bought and were effective Oct 1 - Dec 31st 2013 indeed will be cancelled throughout this year. Most plans that were very basic to begin with that were sold in the past few years will also be cancelled. When non calendar year anniversary dates come around this summer the rate increases will be high (on older plans) and will qualify for special enrollment's and may receive a subsidy and change plans.

I think to say this is a success is too early based on what the white house or any news organization puts out. If it is to be a success it will show during tax season 2015 when everyone's subsidy will be reconciled against their modified adjusted gross income. I know quite a few people stretched the truth to obtain the advanced premium tax credit. The smart ones (if they could have afforded it) should have bypassed the subsidy altogether, bought off exchange and then when doing taxes next year if they would have received a subsidy this year would have received it in their tax return.

I do think (could be wrong) that the republican's will tear this up during their campaigning by promising to repeal it and win the senate, but they never will repeal it even after winning, but rather change parts of it.

But remember, if you are going to post inaccurate article's you leave the door open for everyone to post them. Not saying the white house is inaccurate, but I can't believe anyone really knows

That's a fair assessment.

One thing that I know for a fact that hospitals do is they measure the number of uninsured. Thy have systems in place for that because before there was a tax break due to that, or something. Anyway they measure it. I know because as a manager of a department would sit on boards that dealt with finances of the hospital and every month we were given a report that stated that. At the time of my leaving that number was about 10% uninsured where I was at. I bet its higher now.

Anyway, hospitals will know the truth, they already know the truth.

One thing I noticed in a article I was reading not long ago, some state ER's were complaining because with all the new Medicaid the ER's were over run with patients.

And like you mentioned, people now the truth. They know if their ins got canceled and they were forced to become a Obama stat. They know how much their insurance has gone up, as I do.

insurance salesmen such as yourself know how you all got screwed, health industry knows how it got screwed.

Yeah, we all know. Although lately its just not a big arguing issue for me, its here and we have to deal with it. I've been extremely swamped at work because our plan is to grow. And we just bought 7 other offices. small places will go away in this economy in favor of the big ones, I said this way back in the beginning this would happen, and it IS happening.

But as I said on the other thread, seriously if it did work, it would benefit me because I'm an expert at running a lean lab. So more paying customers would be great. That is how they hooked the health industry to begin with when they got them to back it. Same premise they used to hook the ins industry. neither which have panned out.

Whats all that mean? Sure lieberals. Go ahead, run on obamacare, I dare you lol

And you are absolutely correct when you say we wont repeal major parts of it. They could repeal the payments to states that expanded Medicaid, leaving the states holding the bag more so than they already will be in 3 years so other states are not paying for it.

They could initiate a pocket of special ins plans only available to a few select individuals who have life threatening needs. A pool per state. Therefore taking the risk out of the regular pool of payers so insurance rates could go back down.

There are other things that could happen. but these two things would be significant. there are a lot of regulations that need to be looked at and possibly some payment adjustments. < I don't see them going back on that, they are conservatives after all, but they could devise a less draconian compromise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum