Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Still waiting

+2
ImpishScoundrel
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Still waiting Empty Still waiting 9/9/2013, 4:12 pm

2seaoat

No bombs, and lo and behold the Russians are talking about diplomatic solutions........The President will go on tv Tuesday and sell the bluff.....lock stock and barrel, the anybody but Obama crowd will attack, congress will not approve, the Republican party will show deep division, and the democratic congressional candidates will proudly stand up and say they voted against the president.........anybody catching on yet.......

2Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/9/2013, 4:48 pm

ImpishScoundrel

ImpishScoundrel

2seaoat wrote:No bombs, and lo and behold the Russians are talking about diplomatic solutions........The President will go on tv Tuesday and sell the bluff.....lock stock and barrel, the anybody but Obama crowd will attack, congress will not approve, the Republican party will show deep division, and the democratic congressional candidates will proudly stand up and say they voted against the president.........anybody catching on yet.......
We'll see. Personally, I'm not convinced he's that intelligent. Lucky maybe.

3Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/9/2013, 4:54 pm

2seaoat

We'll see. Personally, I'm not convinced he's that intelligent. Lucky maybe.

The initial red line comment was sincere, however I am convinced that his advisers and staff saw an opportunity and took it. It is borderline brilliant, and I am certain when he made the red line comment this was not the plan, but they saw a clear path to set the table for the 2014 election and split the Republican Party. I think he is sincere in his concern for the use of chemical weapons, but he has found a clever method to kill two birds with one crisis.

4Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/9/2013, 9:58 pm

2seaoat

Hey is that a cruise missile in your pocket, or are you glad to see me.

still waiting.

5Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/9/2013, 10:15 pm

2seaoat wrote:Hey is that a cruise missile in your pocket, or are you glad to see me.

still waiting.
bend over....................

btw... there is something completely wrong with your logic. How you can not see that odumbass is using everything he can to back off the red line comment. He tossed it to congress to get out of it, now Kerry tosses out a little remark to get him backed out of it. and low and behold his secret little buddy putin gonna save the day and take the chems...

hmm mmmmm

putin gives odumbass an out. at what cost? wanna bet our missile defense system.....

no bluffing going on seaoat. just a bunch of fucked up situations caused by someone who is in over their head.

6Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/9/2013, 10:22 pm

Russia did it. They gassed those people.

7Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/9/2013, 10:24 pm

Dreamsglore wrote:Russia did it. They gassed those people.
What makes you say that?

8Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/9/2013, 10:31 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm curious too, Dreams. Not that I believe anything that Russia says. This newest deal on the table about Syria handing over their chemical weapons....now just how is this going to take place? Remember a dozen years of weapons inspectors in and out of Iraq? Is this what we want...again?

9Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/9/2013, 11:25 pm

It's the perfect setup. Assad would be bombed if he did it. So Russia does it so it can't be proven and they get away w/ it. Russia acts like they're the mediators and they both laugh at the rest of the world.

10Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/10/2013, 12:11 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Man this thing is turning out to be some kinda master game of international intrigue. All played out on the 1984'ish hang on the wall big screen tvs and 2001'ish Hal-like computers we all have in front of us.
But you know what, I think the reality is it may be a little more like Dr. Strangelove than either of those two stories. We can just pray it doesn't all end like Dr. Strangelove. lol

11Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/10/2013, 12:12 am

I don't really know if Russia did it but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. What if Assad got them to help control the war by chemical weapons in exchange for several things Russia needs from Syria like that Tartous base and all that trade they do and the arms selling? Why else is Russia so adamant in not doing anything to Syria?

12Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/10/2013, 12:13 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What we need is 007 and Q and Moneypenny to save the day. But in real-life all we got is G. Gordon Liddy. lol

13Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/10/2013, 1:40 am

Dreamsglore wrote:It's the perfect setup. Assad would be bombed if he did it. So Russia does it so it can't be proven and they get away w/ it. Russia acts like they're the mediators and they both laugh at the rest of the world.
Still waiting Th?id=H.4569670263770184&pid=1

Actually the way I would do it is... For instance I'm someone like North Korea. I'd employ Russian bureaucrats, or some other country or militant organization, to bomb the them (none of them know who I am) with or without Assad's approval.

Then either those in my employ or Assad can be blamed if anyone caught on.

Either way I win.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__zoCMZVN9w

Smile 

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."
Sun Tzu

14Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/10/2013, 3:11 am

2seaoat

no bluffing going on seaoat.

For almost two weeks I have read thread after thread how we were going to attack. We did not and will not attack. This was a classic bluff. This is not complex. It does not require Henry to explain it to us. It was a simple all in when the President had his dick in his hand after the red line comment. He is going to accomplish a great deal with his performance and history will as Bob has suggested be looking at his legacy. Putin comes in with his shirt off and collects the chemicals, the President averts war and splits congress in the process laying the table for the 2014 election, and we need someone to write numbers on the canvas so somebody can draw this picture.

It was a good old Mississippi River bluff, and he took the media, his pundits, and the Russians for an old fashion riverboat trip.

15Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/10/2013, 9:13 am

2seaoat wrote:no bluffing going on seaoat.

For almost two weeks I have read thread after thread how we were going to attack.   We did not and will not attack.  This was a classic bluff.  This is not complex.  It does not require Henry to explain it to us.  It was a simple all in when the President had his dick in his hand after the red line comment.  He is going to accomplish a great deal with his performance and history will as Bob has suggested be looking at his legacy.  Putin comes in with his shirt off and collects the chemicals, the President averts war and splits congress in the process laying the table for the 2014 election, and we need someone to write numbers on the canvas so somebody can draw this picture.

It was a good old Mississippi River bluff, and he took the media, his pundits, and the Russians for an old fashion riverboat trip.
you keep telling yourself that seaoat. LOL

what ever helps you keep odumbass as your idol so you can sleep at night. Wink 

16Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 4:27 pm

2seaoat

what ever helps you keep odumbass as your idol so you can sleep at night. Wink

I am sleeping better with the idea that the profit driven use of bombs and missiles actually has a conservative who does not want to expend those monies, and wants to use our power wisely. It is like an adult has taken charge. Threaten force, do not be afraid to use the same, get congressional approval, and then work for a diplomatic solution......how hard was this to get.

17Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:21 pm

Russia didn't do it.  Assad has admitted he has the weapons.

Obama wasn't bluffing.  He just didn't get the support he expected from the American people or from Congress. He's not that sneaky.

And last of all,about that 12 years of UN inspections in Iraq, THERE WERE NO WMD's FOUND WHEN WE WENT INTO IRAQ.

It wasn't the weapons inspectors who were wrong, it was George W Bush who was wrong. Or just lying.  It's way past time to argue anything different.
There is no other conclusion than that.

18Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:25 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Iraq had WMDs. There is no doubt about it. Saddam screwed around with the inspectors. There is no doubt about that.

19Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:29 pm

The only doubt is among nearly everyone on the planet except yourself and a few others who post on  this forum.

I can't even respect the mind of anyone who still makes statements like that.
Not even enough to discuss it with you.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/11/2013, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:32 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Iraq had WMDs. Iraq used WMDs. Inspectors did destroy some of Iraq's WMDs. These are facts. Iraq's WMDs were never all accounted for. This is a fact.

21Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:33 pm

Jake92

I'll take my son's word about what he told me he saw when he was there.

22Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:37 pm

We didn't have to go to war over WMD's because the inspectors had taken care of the problem.  George W Bush either lied to take us into that war or he was seriously wrong.

We went to war and chased the inspectors out of the country.
This is historical fact,  no matter what Jake's son thinks he saw.
Nobody in their right minds thinks Bush was right about Iraq anymore.

Like I said, I can't even respect the mind of anyone who still believes Bush was right about the WMD's.
It's delusional at best and seriously brain damaged at worst.

Arguing with someone like that is useless. Pitying them is the only logical response.

Last edited by bluemoon on 9/11/2013, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

23Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:37 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Jake92 wrote:I'll take my son's word about what he told me he saw when he was there.
I don't know how anyone could be so uninformed as to say that Iraq had no WMDs.

24Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:38 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Actually, the inspectors said that not all WMDs were accounted for. Good grief, you're trying to rewrite what is known history.

25Still waiting Empty Re: Still waiting 9/11/2013, 7:41 pm

The inspectors were continuing their jobs, inside Iraq, when Bush told them to leave so we could attack.

I'm not rewriting history and I refuse to argue with a total fool.
Keep it up and you'll lose all credibility as being sane.

Keep it up.
I'm going to go over to another thread and talk about Sal's sex life. You are a waste of breath.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum