Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread

+5
Nekochan
Hospital Bob
PBulldog2
Markle
Joanimaroni
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

I know right. who would have ever thought. lol

http://www.zappos.com/dansko-tamara-cordovan-burnished-full-grain?utm_campaign=null&utm_source=null&utm_medium=null&utm_content=null&zap_site=null&zfcTest=fcl%3A0

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Awesom10

Last edited by Chrissy on 9/9/2013, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Those are definitely good looking shoes.  I have a new pair that I'm in love with too. They're mocassins and I got them recently up in Gatlinburg, Tenn.  There's a shop up there that is run by a Cherokee family and they hand stitch the shoes on site.  They have boar hog soles and deerskin tops,and if the soles ever wear out they will replace them either under warranty for 2 years or for 50 bucks forever. They cost 200 dollars for a made to order pair and 150 for an off the rack pair.I found a pair I loved off the rack. The most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet.
They're not like  the cheesy Minnetonka Mocs that they sell down in Cherokee and up in Pigeon forge that  have rubber soles on 'em.
The only problem is that the boar hog soles are a little  slippery,but a little silicone has fixed that.

bluemoon wrote:Those are definitely good looking shoes.  I have a new pair that I'm in love with too. They're mocassins and I got them recently up in Gatlinburg, Tenn.  There's a shop up there that is run by a Cherokee family and they hand stitch the shoes on site.  They have boar hog soles and deerskin tops,and if the soles ever wear out they will replace them either under warranty for 2 years or for 50 bucks forever. They cost 200 dollars for a made to order pair and 150 for an off the rack pair.I found a pair I loved off the rack. The most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet.
They're not like  the cheesy Minnetonka Mocs that they sell down in Cherokee and up in Pigeon forge that  have rubber soles on 'em.
The only problem is that the boar hog soles are a little  slippery,but a little silicone has fixed that.
That's a very interesting story. Id love to see a pic of them.

I recall taking a trip as a kid with my parents, aunt and uncle and cousin up to that area. we went and seen a pow wow. Had such a good time, me and my cousin road in the back the whole way there. My uncle had an old ford truck that had one of those cabs on top of it.

two things stuck out in my mind on that trip that you reminded me of, the clog dancing we did in town and all the neat things for sale in the indian stores. And yes back then I would have jumped for joy for a pair of those moccasin boots, you know the ones that go up to your knees. are yours shoes or boot like?

No, but they had some of the high top  kind in the shop. I was afraid to even ask what they wanted for those after I found out what these cost.  I don't know how to add a picture to this forum, if I did, I'd post one.  They're black and have the leather tassles on them.  My daughter said she liked the shoes but that the tassles were "dorky."

If  they didn't have tassles, they'd just look like  loafers.  That's what I thought anyway.

By the way, buy those shoes.  I like them too, and if they're good quality, they're worth the price.

http://panthermoccasins.squarespace.com/styles/

That's their website but none of those look like my shoes.

Whoops- I just edited this.  If  you click on the Heritage shoes,the ones made of elk with the tassels  are my shoes,except that mine are solid black.
The tassels are a little cheesy but they point out  the fact that they're mocs.
Otherwise, I've got some Sperry shoes and you could hardly tell the difference.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy....these look like my favorite pair of Enzo shoes...mine were black and I had them for about 20 years. My boss called them my nun shoes....and begged me not to wear them when we went to medical seminars and dinners....I wore them They looked great with pants and long skirts.

Victorian Booties

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Il_570xN.381631098_3nyh

Joanimaroni wrote:Chrissy....these look like my favorite pair of Enzo shoes...mine were black and I had them for about 20 years. My boss called them my nun shoes....and begged me not to wear them when we went to medical seminars and dinners....I wore them They looked great with pants and long skirts.

Victorian Booties

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Il_570xN.381631098_3nyh

LOL@ nun shoes. I love em! I so want a pair of those. I can see nun in them, but they also have a naughty librarian look too don't ya think?

and moon, the mocs are cool. not really my stlyle but if I was gonna get a pair now, id definatly go with those fuzzy angoras on that link you posted.

now Joanie.....I really must have a pair of these Victorian booties. I swear if I find a pair im gonna get em and take a pic of me with em to show you how much I like these. you may remember im kind of a pilgrim looking shoe fanatic and these are somewhat in that category.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Chrissy.....mine were so comfortable. Being rather short....it eliminated having to have my pants hemmed.

Joanimaroni wrote:Chrissy.....mine were so comfortable. Being rather short....it eliminated having to have my pants hemmed.
yeah, I have that same problem. I like the bulky heel though. I cant do those teeny heels id break my neck.

Markle

Markle

Chrissy wrote:I know right. who would have ever thought. lol

http://www.zappos.com/dansko-tamara-cordovan-burnished-full-grain?utm_campaign=null&utm_source=null&utm_medium=null&utm_content=null&zap_site=null&zfcTest=fcl%3A0

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Awesom10

I take it you're not dating? And are ignoring your signature...Wink 

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

OMG those moccasins are gorgeous! I just found about ten pair I would love to have. I have always wanted one of those knee-high pairs.

I like the shoes you showed us too, Chrissy. Buy'em! Right now! Very Happy 

As for the elevated pilgrim shoes.....ummmm......nice, but I wouldn't even be able to stand up in them. Seriously. What a Face 

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Yep.....these have PB written all over them!

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Panthe10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Men care about shoes too.  I found these shoes at Target a couple months ago and I really like the look of them and how they feel on my feet better than any shoes I've worn in years.  They're called "boat shoes".

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Shoes10

Unfortunately,  after a few weeks,  the seam around the top started splitting.
And then I read reviews of them online and the seams were splitting for EVERYONE who had bought them.
But I liked them so much that I experimented with sewing for the first time in my life.  I got a big needle and the right color thread from JoAnn and resewed the seam.
I learned a hard lesson.  You have to pay more than $23 for a pair of shoes for them to be made worth a shit.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Seriously, Bob, if you like those boat shoes you should take a gander at some of the "boat shoe type" moccasins. They may be expensive, but they will last.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PBulldog2 wrote:Seriously, Bob, if you like those boat shoes you should take a gander at some of the "boat shoe type" moccasins. They may be expensive, but they will last.
If I could find a pair of boat shoe mocassins that have conventional strings that tie I would give it a try, PB. But the mocassins I see have those tassel thingies rather than strings that tie.

I think I might try a pair of these.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sperry-top-sider-authentic-original-canvas-boat-shoe/3452548?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=1882&cm_sp=personalizedsort-_-browseresults-_-1_5_C

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob, try Shoe Station or Academy for the deck shoes.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What do you ladies think about these? Sperry brand canvas from amazon for $59.95.
The stitch looks a lot heavier than on those cheap shoes I bought from Target.

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Shoes11

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Shoes210

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sperry is a good brand. Like I said try Academy. They carry them. The leather ones last for years...

Nekochan

Nekochan

I like their looks, Bob. And the price doesn't look bad either.

Bob wrote:What do you ladies think about these?  Sperry brand canvas from amazon for $59.95.
The stitch looks a lot heavier than on those cheap shoes I bought from Target.

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Shoes11

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Shoes210

Bob, I really like those shoes. my sons wear those. good taste.Smile 

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Then that settles it.  If all you ladies like those shoes then the choice is made.

p.s. but don't you ladies go anywhere. I also need your input on which jukebox to buy. Give me a sec and I'll show you the choices.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Bob wrote:Then that settles it.  If all you ladies like those shoes then the choice is made.

p.s.  but don't you ladies go anywhere.  I also need your input on which jukebox to buy.  Give me a sec and I'll show you the choices.
Bob this is not decided.........leather or canvas?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Here are the choices.

1.  The 1942 Wurlitzer Model 950 (nicknamed "The Pipes of Pan")

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread 50d8a89c356079.81302985-display

2.  The 1940 Wurlitzer 850 (nicknamed the "Peacock")

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Wurlitzer850from1941ThePeacock

3.  The 1946/7 Wurlitzer Model 1080 (nicknamed the "Mae West")

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread 9374385_1

4.  The 1946 AMI Model A ("nicknamed "The Mother of Plastic")

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Ami_a

5.  The 1946 Seeburg Model 146 (nicknamed "The Trashcan")

im in love with these shoes/juke boxes/antiques/pin balls and generally anything cool thread Jb-5754

Just kidding.  I wouldn't pick choices 4 or 5 if I was drunk so those are out.
So help me out ladies.  Which one would you choose between numbers 1,  2 and 3.
Because if the doctors leave me any money of my own to buy anything with,  I'm gonna pick between those three and buy one.

Last edited by Bob on 9/8/2013, 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Joanimaroni wrote:
Bob this is not decided.........leather or canvas?
Canvas is it, joani. I'm not much into leather shoes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum