Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ok, let's get some betting action on how many tax payer paid vacations MOOCHELLE will take before Barack leaves office

+4
knothead
Captn Kaoz
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

I'm going with three per year til then with one odd extra trip towards the end of the term of office and will go with TEN.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I'm going with three per year til then with one odd extra trip towards the end of the term of office and will go with TEN.

Four a year. Final answer 12.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Far more interesting would be how many useless threads will PACEDOG create over the next week?

I'll say 8.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:Far more interesting would be how many useless threads will PACEDOG create over the next week?

I'll say 8.
Is there a limit?

Captn Kaoz

Captn Kaoz

Before we can guess, we have to define what a vacation is.  Is a trip to South Africa a vacation or a goodwill visit?

Last edited by Captn Kaoz on 9/5/2013, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

knothead

knothead

boards of FL wrote:Far more interesting would be how many useless threads will PACEDOG create over the next week?

I'll say 8.

Not even close!!! Remember, PD is a serial poster of useless irrelevant threads!

knothead

knothead

http://politic365.com/2012/05/08/obamas-vacations-of-any-president-bush-racked-up-the-most/

Boy George is the King of Presidential vacations . . . . sorry to burst your little bubble.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:http://politic365.com/2012/05/08/obamas-vacations-of-any-president-bush-racked-up-the-most/

Boy George is the King of Presidential vacations . . . . sorry to burst your little bubble.
How many of those vacation days for Bush were at family owned properties and Camp David..the properties that didn't cost the taxpayers an arm and a leg?

Don't confuse liberals with facts lol

They won't admit that the ranch in midland Texas is his

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:http://politic365.com/2012/05/08/obamas-vacations-of-any-president-bush-racked-up-the-most/

How many of those vacation days for Bush were at family owned properties and Camp David..the properties that didn't cost the taxpayers an arm and a leg?

From that perspective I agree Joani . . . . but he still had AF1 and all the attendant security, secret service, etc. . . . . Boy George, being born on third base, did have his very own ranch so there were some savings but if you start looking at it pragmatically the costs to the taxpayer were similar with the only difference being Boy George leaves all the others in the dust when talking about vacations . . . . he did enough damage while in DC and I shudder to think the consequences of him actually working more instead of clearing brush down thar in Texas!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Maybe Bush should have gone to Hawaii.....and put the secret service and his staff in the most expensive hotel on Waikiki Beach. By passing the beautiful waterfront military resort a couple of blocks away.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:Maybe Bush should have gone to Hawaii.....and put the secret service and his staff in the most expensive hotel on Waikiki Beach. By passing the beautiful waterfront military resort a couple of blocks away.

Well that was his choice because he was after all, THE DECIDER. If Obama wanted a family vacation I don't think I would have elected to stay in the Officer's quarter on the military reservation . . . . their lives are compartmentalized enough as it is. You are just nit picking but nit pick away!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Maybe Bush should have gone to Hawaii.....and put the secret service and his staff in the most expensive hotel on Waikiki Beach. By passing the beautiful waterfront military resort a couple of blocks away.

Well that was his choice because he was after all, THE DECIDER.  If Obama wanted a family vacation I don't think I would have elected to stay in the Officer's quarter on the military reservation . . . . their lives are compartmentalized enough as it is.  You are just nit picking but nit pick away!

I was referring to the two dozen or more ancillary staff members that stayed at the Moana  Surfrider Resort on Waikiki on the taxpayers dime. The Moana is a 30 minute drive from where Obama stayed. The prestigious resort is several blocks from the Hale Now military resort.

boards of FL

boards of FL

President Bush spent 32% of his presidency on vacation.
Wow.

knothead

knothead

President Obama was on vacation for 26 days during his first year in office (2009). Ronald Reagan spent 42 days on vacation during his first year in office (1981). President George H.W. Bush was on vacation less than his son, 40 days, in 1989, his first year in office. President Obama was on vacation less in his first year in office than the previous three Republican Presidents.

No President since Reagan was on vacation less than Bill Clinton. Presidents Clinton and Carter vacationed the least of any of the last seven chief executives.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:President Obama was on vacation for 26 days during his first year in office (2009).  Ronald Reagan spent 42 days on vacation during his first year in office (1981). President George H.W. Bush was on vacation less than his son, 40 days, in 1989, his first year in office.  President Obama was on vacation less in his first year in office than the previous three Republican Presidents.

No President since Reagan was on vacation less than Bill Clinton. Presidents Clinton and Carter vacationed the least of any of the last seven chief executives.

But Bill had to take Hillary.

Sal

Sal

The job is a 24/7 stressfest for the POTUS and their families.

I don't begrudge any of these people their vacations.

They have earned them.

That is especially true for this POTUS and his family who have been subject to a singular level of vitriol and pettiness as evidenced by this very thread.

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:The job is a 24/7 stressfest for the POTUS and their families.

They have earned them.

That is especially true for this POTUS and his family who have been subject to a singular level of vitriol and pettiness as evidenced by this very thread.

Truer words were never spoken . . . . . Joani's attitude as she has expressed herself here disappoints me as I always thought she was somewhat above such pettiness . . .

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

knothead wrote:

They have earned them.

Truer words were never spoken . . . . . Joani's attitude as she has expressed herself here disappoints me as I always thought she was somewhat above such pettiness . . .  

Shame on me....I guess I didn't make myself clear. I don't object to vacation time for sitting presidents.  And I realize  Obama has two children that need his time and attention. Eight years is a long time in their childhood.

I do object to the excessive expenses incurred for the secret service and ancillary staff. Camp David is an inexpensive alternative for family getaways and it is  not utilized by the Obama's. Other presidents used it along with their  family owned properties....it made it cheaper.

Nekochan

Nekochan

The president and his family need vacations.

What I object to is federal employees being furloughed, and the military's training and other military expenditures being cut while our upper level officials (not just Obama, but all of Congress and Obama as well) go on about their vacations and their taxpayer spending/perks as if nothing is wrong or has changed.

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:
President Bush spent 32% of his presidency on vacation.
Wow.
Bush would fly to Texas and stay there for a month. I have no problem with a second White House. FDR and other presidents spent time away from the WH, usually for weeks at a time. Flying on multiple trips and with multiple planes carrying family members and the family pet and then putting the staff up in expensive hotels is a little different, cost wise.

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
knothead wrote:

They have earned them.

Shame on me....I guess I didn't make myself clear. I don't object to vacation time for sitting presidents.  And I realize  Obama has two children that need his time and attention. Eight years is a long time in their childhood.

I do object to the excessive expenses incurred for the secret service and ancillary staff. Camp David is an inexpensive alternative for family getaways and it is  not utilized by the Obama's. Other presidents used it along with their  family owned properties....it made it cheaper.

No Joani, not shame on you at all . . . . it's called freedom of expression and I certainly support yours and everyone else . . . . I should not have expressed myself as I did, sorry . . . . the pettiness just wears me down and I just never visualized you as being petty . . . . partisan, no problem here? I have no issue with anyone's partisan views and I think I over stepped or was over zealous in focusing on you.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:The president and his family need vacations.

What I object to is federal employees being furloughed, and the military's training and other military expenditures  being cut while our upper level officials (not just Obama, but all of Congress and Obama as well) go on about their vacations and their taxpayer spending/perks as if nothing is wrong or has changed.
 Just the way the Repukes want it. 

Thank your Congress critter. 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum