Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

All of PACEDOG'S Syria threads merged into one

+7
Wordslinger
Markle
ZVUGKTUBM
Sal
Joanimaroni
knothead
boards of FL
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

boards of FL

boards of FL

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I gave you a statement on that, why don't you admit it?
I think you must be referring to this comment...

PACEDOG#1 wrote:I would have followed through enforcing my limits on what I had stated as policy.
Hmm. No shit?  Well, and for the fourth time, what - specifically - does that mean?  What - specifically - would you have done?  You'll notice that I keep stressing the word 'specifically' because I'm not looking for a generic "Well, I would have done what is right for America!" or "I would have done whatever would have yielded the most optimal outcome!" type of BS answer.  I'm merely asking you to state - specifically - what you would have done from the time in which you were briefed of the alleged actions to now.  This isn't a trick question.  This isn't a trap.  No one's avatar is going to be messed with.  The question could not be dumbed down any more or be made any simpler.  Nevertheless...

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:...and today possibly 1300 killed in gas attacks in Damascus.

Hmmmmmm. Crickets from the left.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/08/21/us-syria-crisis-idUSBRE97K0EL20130821

Western and regional countries called for U.N. chemical weapons investigators - who arrived in Damascus just three days ago - to be urgently dispatched to the scene of one of the deadliest incidents of the two-year-old civil war.

Images, including some taken by freelance photographers and supplied to Reuters, showed scores of bodies including of small children, laid out on the floor of a clinic with no visible signs of injuries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxwfaIAl_Q

"Red Line" speech

So the worst attack with CBNRE weapons since Halabja by Saddam and we stand by watching idly....
Doesn't pass the smell test.

The military has been doing well around Damascus, and the UN inspectors have just arrived.

If anyone used chemical weapons, it was probably the rebels.

They're trying to sucker the administration into deeper involvement.

So far, Obama has been able to keep the dogs of war largely at bay.

Here's hoping he maintains his resolve.

WAR CRIMINAL..!!

Sal,
Rebels don't have technical proficiency to use those weapons. Do your research on how most are employed. I know how they are used and again the rebels don't have that capability.

Obama drew the red line and Egypt and Syria have crossed it numerous times. Admit it, Obama has no clue and his foreign policy shows it

knothead

knothead

Sal has a good point regarding 'getting drawn in' which I have always believed has been Americas' Achilles heel as our proven penchant for sending in troops and unleashing our military before it is clear where we are headed. OBL clearly was successful in drawing America into Afghanistan, like Russia was and it has cost trillions and much blood. PD has a point, if I understand him sitting aside his loathing of the President, in that the perception of strength and the willingness to utilize it is a real factor when dealing with the evil tyrants of the world. Conversely, and to President Obama's credit, what is perceived as 'leading from behind blah-blah-blah routine hyperbole, could be interpreted in the absolute opposite view as 'America will not engage itself into every international crisis willy nilly. There's so much that we do not know and these situations, i.e., Syria, Egypt, Israel . . .on and on, that citizens are able to interpret leadership skills or our nation when, in truth, we don't know shit because of the complexities of this tinder box region. I greatly appreciate Obama's reluctance to getting drawn in on yet another conflict but that said, he has proven he will act when push comes to shove. Again, to PD, your comments about drawing 'red lines' have merit but your position in reality does not translate into an actionable way forward that is in our interests but does translate into political criticism without a credible alternative much like the current campaign to 'defund the ACA'. International policy making is not a contest of chest thumping or whose testosterone levels are highest. People die and come home in flag draped caskets and we will not have accomplished much to justify those losses.

knothead wrote: Again, to PD, your comments about drawing 'red lines' have merit but your position in reality does not translate into an actionable way forward that is in our interests but does translate into political criticism without a credible alternative much like the current campaign to 'defund the ACA'.  International policy making is not a contest of chest thumping or whose testosterone levels are highest.  People die and come home in flag draped caskets and we will not have accomplished much to justify those losses.
My point is that Obama got himself into this predicament by painting himself into a corner via his "Red Lines". Having seen the weakness of the current admin in foreign policy, it only took a Libya (let NATO take the lead), then an Egypt(it's not a coup, but it might be), and now a Syria to show that world that Obama, "talks the talk, but can't walk the walk". Hell, even Slick Willie had the gonads to back up his talk (cruise missiles) when he wasn't busy with interns during his term of office, and yet despite his many FP failures(self admittedly he noted Rwanda as his most glaring in not stopping the genocide there) , he wasn't as inept as the COWH.

Why bring in the ACA? Are you highlighting his domestic policy failures too?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398691/Syria-Nerve-gas-attack-near-Damascus-kills-1-300-including-women-children.html

Genocide in Syria as 1,300 people including hundreds of women and children are wiped out in nerve gas attack say Syrian rebels as Hague warns use of chemical weapons would mark 'shocking escalation'

Activists claim 1,300 killed in government rocket strike on residential area
If true, it would represent the worst known use of chemical weapons since Saddam Hussein gassed thousands of Kurds in the town of Halabja in 1988

Chemical warheads hit suburbs of Ain Tarma, Zamalka and Jobar
They hit just before dawn as families lay sleeping

A UN team is in Syria to probe chemical weapons use by President Assad

Many countries have called for an immediate investigation
French Foreign Minister has called the attack an 'unprecedented atrocity'

William Hague said hopes attack will 'wake up some' who support Assad

Claims come as refugees flood into Iraqi Kurdistan

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398691/Syria-Nerve-gas-attack-near-Damascus-kills-1-300-including-women-children.html#ixzz2ce4xNjZf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

knothead

knothead

Why bring in the ACA? Are you highlighting his domestic policy failures too?

Thanks for asking . . . . there is a clear analogy between the criticism leveled at Obama for the meltdown in the ME and the GOP's current diatribe with their 'defund ObacaCare' routine. The parallel is unambiguous as there has been no answer from the GOP of what do we do with a broken healthcare system but are quick to simply defund the ACA without an alternative; likewise, in the ME what options do we realistically have and what is the GOP's plan for the meltdown that was years in the making and inevitable.

As I've said before it's easy to criticize but very very difficult to govern in the current dysfunctional environment here in the good ole USA . . . .

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Who gives a flip what happens in Syria? Or elsewhere in the Middle East? The U.S. is set to become the world's #1 oil producer again; 10+ million barrels per day by 2020, and even growing higher by 2030. All from tight shale deposits here in the good old Continental U.S. All because we own and understand new petroelum extraction technololgies that our competitors and enemies have yet to master. 

We will be needing less and less Middle Eastern oil in the coming years. There will be less and less need to keep two carriers parked off the Perian Gulf or to meddle in the affairs of the Muslim nations. Israel will be fine-they have nukes, afterall.

The Chinese will become the world's largest oil importer by 2020. Let them worry about which dicator rules which Muslim country. The Middle East is going to be hurting for certain in about 15 years, when Saudi Arabia's giant oilfileds finally run dry. We in the U.S. will be swimming in the black stuff then. Cool

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Who gives a flip what happens in Syria? Or elsewhere in the Middle East? The U.S. is set to become the world's #1 oil producer again; 10+ million barrels per day by 2020, and even growing higher by 2030. All from tight shale deposits here in the good old Continental U.S. All because we own and understand new petroelum extraction technololgies that our competitors and enemies have yet to master. 

We will be needing less and less Middle Eastern oil in the coming years. There will be less and less need to keep two carriers parked off the Perian Gulf or to meddle in the affairs of the Muslim nations. Israel will be fine-they have nukes, afterall.

The Chinese will become the world's largest oil importer by 2020. Let them worry about which dicator rules which Muslim country. The Middle East is going to be hurting for certain in about 15 years, when Saudi Arabia's giant oilfileds finally run dry. We in the U.S. will be swimming in the black stuff then. Cool

Well said Z . . . . wish I could live long enough to see our nation independent of ME oil as that would be a dream come true. Obama has implemented some policies that decrease our dependence such as higher cafe' standards and the technology is coming online . . . it's been a long time coming!!! Good post.

Markle

Markle

boards of FL wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Boards,
He's had his bluff called, the rest of the world is watching, and they see that all of his words are worthless in regards to backing up what he says he will do. That's one idea the Egyptians are exploiting in their situation. He's not even leading from behind, he's not leading period. He talks when he should not and does not talk when he should, but that's what you get when your advisors haven't ever had real jobs outside if academia trying to use their "Ivory Tower" solutions to real world problems. The rest of the world doesn't necessarily buy into anything he says or does because its not the same world that is their own reality.
So you are the president.  What would you have done up to this point?
Wouldn't have lost the respect of the world and let it get to this point.

All of PACEDOG'S Syria threads merged into one  - Page 2 Obama_pantywaist

Why would any rational person have expected coherent foreign policy? Obama even gave me a little hope for me sanity.

silly... I know.

knothead

knothead

Why would any rational person have expected coherent foreign policy?

Pre-Obama foreign policy was coherent? I really don't think you want to defend that position . . .

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:Why would any rational person have expected coherent foreign policy?

Pre-Obama foreign policy was coherent?  I really don't think you want to defend that position . . .
As you well know, but will die before admitting, the policies and doctrines of President George Walker Bush worked.

The policies and doctrines of President Barack Hussein Obama has the Middle East and North Africa on fire with far more casualties in Afghanistan.

What does a President do when he cannot govern?  When he has no clue what to do or how to do it but it is well known he is a superb campaigner?

HE CAMPAIGNS!

All of PACEDOG'S Syria threads merged into one  - Page 2 ObamaCampaignBus

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
knothead wrote:Why would any rational person have expected coherent foreign policy?

Pre-Obama foreign policy was coherent?  I really don't think you want to defend that position . . .
As you well know, but will die before admitting, the policies and doctrines of President George Walker Bush worked.

The policies and doctrines of President Barack Hussein Obama has the Middle East and North Africa on fire with far more casualties in Afghanistan.

What does a President do when he cannot govern?  When he has no clue what to do or how to do it but it is well known he is a superb campaigner?

HE CAMPAIGNS!

All of PACEDOG'S Syria threads merged into one  - Page 2 ObamaCampaignBus
All of PACEDOG'S Syria threads merged into one  - Page 2 Bs_fla10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

So suddenly the alleged poison gas attack against civilians in Syria becomes a partisan issue.  Sorry Charlie, but I know a number of right wingnuts who think we don't need to get into another war for nothing. I'm a progressive progressive liberal and I don't like what's happening in Syria anymore than you. But tell me, Pacedog, why is it our business to "protect" Syrian citizens from a government gone mad?  Why should we pay the price for policing the world? I guess, since you are the opposite of a liberal, you must also advocate we get involved directly in Egypt's chaos.  

I can't wait to hear your answer.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Damaged Eagle says I'm an "enlightened progressive". And Markel says I'm simply a "progressive". Is that the same thing as a "liberal"? If so then I'll throw my two cents in about Syria.

The capital is Damascus. Damascus is often claimed to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world, and evidence exists of a settlement dating back to 9000 BC.

The city has a street called the Straight Street.
in Acts 9, God speaks to Ananias in a vision, and tells him to go to the Damascus Straight Street. At the house of Judas, he was to look for a man named Saul, as Paul was then known. Ananias is hesitant but goes anyway. After Ananias lays hands on Saul, his eyesight is restored and he is baptized.

Damascus is located about 140 miles north-northeast of Jerusalem. The Golan Heights is between the two cities.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Or maybe you want more current information. Last night on his radio show, Alex Jones said the chemical warfare attacks in Syria are a "classic false flag" operation engineered by the "globalists" who he also refers to as "The New World Order".

Well Pace it seems your idol Obama will be speaking on this subject today. You know it's hard these days to differentiate a liberal from a conservative.

...and in other reports there have been a few first responders to the victims who have died as well. Might be some sort of nerve agent. JMHO

boards of FL

boards of FL

Wordslinger wrote:So suddenly the alleged poison gas attack against civilians in Syria becomes a partisan issue.  Sorry Charlie, but I know a number of right wingnuts who think we don't need to get into another war for nothing.  I'm a progressive progressive liberal and I don't like what's happening in Syria anymore than you.  But tell me, Pacedog, why is it our business to "protect" Syrian citizens from a government gone mad?  Why should we pay the price for policing the world?  I guess, since you are the opposite of a liberal, you must also advocate we get involved directly in Egypt's chaos.  

I can't wait to hear your answer.
Don't expect one. PACEDOG doesn't actually have an opinion on what we should be doing in Syria, or, if he does, he isn't capable of communicating it.

Im fine staying out of it. They can kill themselves off if they wish.

What I do not like about it is that the American preisident said he would act if a red line was crossed. That line has been crossed. It concerns me because inaction at this point basically has lead to the rest of the world veiwing us as indesisive and inept. That I dislike.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

No one knows WHO is using nerve gas in Syria; each side blames the other. On the rebel side, there is division, to say the least...but not to worry...McCain says we can tell the "good rebels" from the "bad rebels."

The UN inspectors are there now. But there are too many other countries involved in the outcome...Russia, China, Saudi Arabia, the Brits and Israel, plus the predominately Arab nations in the Middle East. No doubt those horribly graphic photos were meant to draw Britain and the United States into the Syrian conflict...we must, after all, feed the war machine...

On the news this week, the argument was advanced that we can't cut off military aid to Egypt because a munitions plant in Dearborn might have to close down. Good God.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

. wrote:Im fine staying out of it. They can kill themselves off if they wish.

What I do not like about it is that the American preisident said he would act if a red line was crossed. That line has been crossed. It concerns me because inaction at this point basically has lead to the rest of the world veiwing us as indesisive and inept. That I dislike.
Which is one reason it wasy sooooo easy to draw people into the idea of war on Afghanistan and Iraq.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum