Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Teens accused of killing Australian will not be charged with hate crime

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nekochan

Nekochan

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/23/20159691-da-teens-accused-in-ballplayers-slaying-wont-be-charged-with-hate-crimes?lite

This article also says that all three of the accused are black...so there seems to still be some confusion about the race of the driver.

“At this point, the evidence does not support the theory that Christopher Lane was targeted based upon his race or nationality,” said District Attorney Jason Hicks. “The evidence is insufficient to establish that race was the primary motive in the murder of Christopher Lane.”

2seaoat

One white, one biracial(black father, white mother), and one black. It may not overtly be racial, but I am certain as the day will start tomorrow with the sun rising, that to get to the mindset to randomly kill someone jogging, you must take their humanity away, and certainly who ever pulled that trigger did not have much human concern for their victim. Part of that lack of humanity more likely than not had prejudice and fear toward that human being and what they represented.............hard to prove if nobody gives an admission of that intent, but there is no question on the intent to commit murder.......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote: I am certain as the day will start tomorrow with the sun rising, that to get to the mindset to randomly kill someone jogging, you must take their humanity away, and certainly who ever pulled that trigger did not have much human concern for their victim.  
You just said it better than I ever could. But you keep being in denial about what you said.
That's what I've been trying to get across to you and Sal both.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I'm not a fan of of separate "hate crime" charges. If race is a motive, then fine...show that in the trial as a motive just like you would show robbery or jealously or whatever as a motive.

2seaoat

You just said it better than I ever could. But you keep being in denial about what you said.
That's what I've been trying to get across to you and Sal both.

I am usually open to any suggestions..........exactly what am I in denial about? I cannot make any excuses for Sal.....he sadly is a Heat fan and likes Alabama.......so I understand why he might be in denial of reality, but I believe I am much more balanced than Sal....so give it a try.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum