Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How could they possibly survive so well without modern medicine ?

+2
Hospital Bob
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost Rider wrote:My dad lived to the ripe old age of 92 and he never even once took an aspirin. He also did not have to live in a secluded jungle somewhere. So I guess my question would be, is there a point here?

BTW, my dad was not just an isolated case, his whole family lived well into their 90s.
Good genes. Be thankful you got em. Not everybody did.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I got long lived people in my ancestry but some of them were cut short in the coal mines, come to think of it if they hadn't died I probably would have been a coal miner and dead..funny how life works.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I believe Teo is right about lifestyle, healthy eating, etc. I also think Bob is right about the benefits of modern medicine. Neither path will cure everything but both have good points. I do think that genes play a huge part in it too.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:You didn't get stitches? Or did you stitch it yourself?

Nope, he walked down to the pond and got a snapping turtle.......had him bite the wound shut, and cut the turtles head off.......took the turtle home and made some natural soup which sped up the healing, and for a week he made incredible sales as folks had to see Davy Crockett's turtle stitch.........we don't need no stinking doctors or the medicine they rode in on........a turtle stitch and a bowl of turtle soup......priceless.
How could they possibly survive so well without modern medicine ? - Page 2 Laughing_Turtle

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum