Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Politicians as Sexual Predators . . .

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

I sometimes think part of the problem for people like Clinton, Spitzer, Weiner and so many other elected officials who are caught in sexual scandals, is their inability to deal with having so much power. They spend most of their adult lives trying to convince people how smart, well meaning and decisive they are. Then they get elected and they're continually surrounded by sycophants and other ass-kissers, lobbyists, deal-makers, and people squirreling to get a piece of the action -- and, lured by power, women throw themselves at them. And there's all the guilt to be dealt with -- surely they start out with noble agendas, with a desire to improve our lives -- and then reality intrudes and suffocates idealism. Face it, slowly being bought up piece by piece by corporations interested in manipulating your vote and voice is the reality of being a politician these days. Oh, I know there are a handful who fight for the people, but the broad majority are there for the action and the money and the need to ego suck the blood and energy of their staffs, the news media, etc. I think their are many more politicos than the ones I've mentioned here who have become sexual predators, and have lost all sense of moral righteousness, and marital loyalty.

With Wiener and Spitzer and the like, you have to admit there's something evil and whacko in these men. They are using sex as an outlet for their inability to deal with the true evils of Amerika Inc.

Like drugs and alcohol, sex as an escape from the pain of one's reality is like a cheap, over the counter medication that works for a few minutes and then fails and leaves you with the same problem you had before you swallowed the little pills. People like Clinton, Wiener and Spitzer are sick inside, and they deserve our understanding. But, as public officials they do help convince others to make powerful governmental decisions, and, despite the fact they are the property of our corporate aristocracy, they DO represent us. What none of us need need is a mayor or a governor or a sheriff or a cop or a president whose idealism has been terminally eroded by a VERY sick system.

Screw Amerika Inc.!

2seaoat

With Wiener and Spitzer and the like, you have to admit there's something evil and whacko in these men.

I disagree. I do not think it is evil, I think it is weakness. It takes much more strength to deny temptation. Good people have affairs. They are not inherently evil, they are simply weak.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:
With Wiener and Spitzer and the like, you have to admit there's something evil and whacko in these men.

I disagree.  I do not think it is evil, I think it is weakness.  It takes much more strength to deny temptation.  Good people have affairs.  They are not inherently evil, they are simply weak.

Judas was simply weak. So was Hitler Mao Stalin and Bush. It is just a matter of degree.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

2seaoat wrote:

I disagree.  I do not think it is evil, I think it is weakness.  It takes much more strength to deny temptation.  Good people have affairs.  They are not inherently evil, they are simply weak.

Like this one?

http://paid.outbrain.com/network/mobile?pcId=16928902&reqId=b4cf951c2179938e17ce048c3bc69328

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

What's wrong with cops. They even hate their loved ones.

Sal

Sal

gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Like this one?

http://paid.outbrain.com/network/mobile?pcId=16928902&reqId=b4cf951c2179938e17ce048c3bc69328

That is a wild story.

These people are representative of the society we live in today unfortunately.

Good people have affairs

Good? Not good for the unsuspecting spouse or the children involved in the marriage.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum