Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

People who scam the ERs

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1People who scam the ERs  Empty People who scam the ERs 8/16/2010, 10:02 pm

catfriedlegs

Here's my pet peeve:

People who come into the ER and say "My back hurttttsss I need some painkillers." And they walk out with a script for Darvocet or Lortab or whatever they want and then other people who have legitimate pain are not being treated properly for their pain (through pain management for example) and get sent home and told to take Ibuprofen. Pisses me off to no end.
I think that's why doctors are reluctant to prescribe pain meds here because of assholes who make the rounds of the local ERs trolling for pills to party with or sell.

Anyone else noticed that people here pull this kind of stuff? I know it happens in other cities but I hear about it a lot here from nurses and other people working in the hospitals.

2People who scam the ERs  Empty Re: People who scam the ERs 8/19/2010, 3:59 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

I don't know how common it is here in Huntsville, but I bet it goes on a lot in many places.

3People who scam the ERs  Empty Re: People who scam the ERs 8/19/2010, 8:37 pm

Azadeh wrote:Here's my pet peeve:

People who come into the ER and say "My back hurttttsss I need some painkillers." And they walk out with a script for Darvocet or Lortab or whatever they want and then other people who have legitimate pain are not being treated properly for their pain (through pain management for example) and get sent home and told to take Ibuprofen. Pisses me off to no end.
I think that's why doctors are reluctant to prescribe pain meds here because of assholes who make the rounds of the local ERs trolling for pills to party with or sell.

Anyone else noticed that people here pull this kind of stuff? I know it happens in other cities but I hear about it a lot here from nurses and other people working in the hospitals.

Well expect a lot of arrest made coming up. When the electronic medical records are all interfaced. That will end. And yes, its a pet peeve of mine too, because these people take up valuable space in the ER for truely sick people and help increase the cost of healthcare for every body.

4People who scam the ERs  Empty Re: People who scam the ERs 8/19/2010, 8:39 pm

catfriedlegs

Chrissy8 wrote:
Azadeh wrote:Here's my pet peeve:

Well expect a lot of arrest made coming up. When the electronic medical records are all interfaced. That will end. And yes, its a pet peeve of mine too, because these people take up valuable space in the ER for truely sick people and help increase the cost of healthcare for every body.

Yes they do. Pisses me off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum