Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

David Morgan Wants to Keep the Jail Now

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130723/NEWS01/307230027/Sheriff-looks-to-keep-jail

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

It would be in the best interest of everyone if the sheriff maintained control.

2seaoat

it would be in the best interest of everyone if the sheriff maintained control.

Agreed, but there is a persuasive argument that the sheriff asking for 18 million, and then throwing the gauntlet down at 6 million, and now they are talking about less than 3 million? I normally am a strong supporter of the Sheriff, but give the County a chance to work with DOJ, and see if they can meet their guidelines and save 15 million. The gap is just too large to reconcile.

no stress

no stress

The county taking on the jail employees will be vastly more expensive because of collective bargaining agreements and leave payout in lieu of overtime. Leave the jail with the S.O

2seaoat

The county taking on the jail employees will be vastly more expensive because of collective bargaining agreements and leave payout in lieu of overtime. Leave the jail with the S.O

I do not know enough about the collective bargaining issues, but the 15 million dollar gap presented by the Sheriff is a real problem to me. If it was a negotiating ploy, it failed. If it is reality, I agree the County cannot fill the gap with hot air.....it will take money, but my sticking point is the 15 million. I say let the County do it for a year, and then negotiate it back to the Sheriff, and we will find out who is telling the truth. I still think Sheriff Morgan is a good sheriff, but that is a lot of money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum