Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This ranks among the best live performances of music I've ever seen.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The principles are at the top of their game. But the musicians behind them are so good that it hurts. AND as a bonus we get a phenomenal blues vocalist as well. It doesn't get any better.
This is from the Montreaux Jazz Fest in Switzerland. Every youtube I've ever seen from it is good. Gotta be the best event in the world for listening to live music. If I ever do see Europe it will be at the time of this event and it will be on the top on my travel agenda.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Most excellent, Bob! And I agree - everything I've found from the Montreaux festivals is good stuff.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

We would be remiss, PB, if we don't make mention of one of the other best live performances of music.
It's also Stormy Monday and they both put all the other earlier recordings of it to shame.
In case there's anyone out there new to the area and haven't heard us talk about it, that culmination of the Allman's performances at the Fillmore (IMO the pinnacle of rock and roll music), has Pensacola and Pensacola Beach in it's roots. Greg and Duane were in their formative years when they lived and played here.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I know that for sure...they were the Almond Joys...my brother-in-law played drums in a band that opened for them...I think it was called Kudzu.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Here's a little sequel, Bob.  I really love Tracy Chapman's voice.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Al Green cover of Sam Cooke:

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

This is a little off topic, but it's FT's fault for mentioning Sam Cooke. Twisted Evil 

When I was about ten, I rescued one of my parents' albums from the trash bin. The first few tracks were missing due to damage to the record, but this track remained. I played it over.....and over.....and over on my little record player.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

speaking of which Bob I went to the GUTTER last night to hear some live Jazz and they told me they hadn't been playing their anymore and for a long time...wound up going to see the lone ranger instead.....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:speaking of which Bob I went to the GUTTER last night to hear some live Jazz and they told me they hadn't been playing their anymore and for a long time...wound up going to see the lone ranger instead.....

Try Five Sisters.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:speaking of which Bob I went to the GUTTER last night to hear some live Jazz and they told me they hadn't been playing their anymore and for a long time...wound up going to see the lone ranger instead.....

About six months or so ago the Monday night blues jam moved from the Gutter to Lili Marlenes.  It's a lot better atmosphere for it but the downside is no more dollar beers like at the gutter,  Now you have to pay the full money.  lol

p.s. but tex is right. if it's jazz you're talking about try Five Sisters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum