Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Our Bill of Rights

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:03 am

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

CFJ wrote:And once again any idea defending the 1st amendment is shouted down by the right wing trolls.

That defines irony.

Is national security covered by the 1st amendment?

27Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:10 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Who are the right-wing trolls shooting down the first amendment?

28Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:10 am

Is national security covered by the 1st amendment?

Is corn removal covered by Medicare?

Last edited by CFJ on 7/7/2013, 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total

29Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:14 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Who are the right-wing trolls shooting down the first amendment?

You seem to be very invested in preventing free expression. When did you become the arbiter of free speech on this forum? Is it an elected position, or did you seize control in yet another coup?

30Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:19 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Who are the right-wing trolls shooting down the first amendment?

31Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:22 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Who are the right-wing trolls shooting down the first amendment?

LOL. Good pun.

Are you really gonna say you are defending the 1st amendment by trying to suppress free speech?

32Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 10:50 am

Skeeter wrote:

LOL.  Good pun.

Are you really gonna say you are defending the 1st amendment by trying to suppress free speech?

Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Th?id=H.4990645640889847&pid=1

We've already tried your method of free speech... You and the other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals couldn't handle it and PM'd the moderator all day one...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUN-AZ5T294

Twisted Evil 

33Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:03 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You are right. Bill got banned because he went beyond what we here felt was acceptable. Free speech is an important part of finding truth and rooting out evil. Yes death threats and hate can be unsettling but in a free-for-all discussion group that should be expected. I don't like Bill, he's never been someone I liked to read but he did provoke a lot of thought. I chose personally to ignore him because I found out from the past that no amount of exchange with him was going to persuade him to behave differently for more than a day or two. Should he have been banned ? Probably not.

34Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:12 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You are right. Bill got banned because he went beyond what we here felt was acceptable. Free speech is an important part of finding truth and rooting out evil. Yes death threats and hate can be unsettling but in a free-for-all discussion group that should be expected. I don't like Bill, he's never been someone I liked to read but he did provoke a lot of thought. I chose personally to ignore him because I found out from the past that no amount of exchange with him was going to persuade him to behave differently for more than a day or two. Should he have been banned ? Probably not.

I disagree....when it becomes personal on and off the forum you have a problem. Death threats, threats of a lawsuit, outing posters, and the overwhelming hatred displayed is intolerable. It's not fair to the other members.

35Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:18 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You are right. Bill got banned because he went beyond what we here felt was acceptable. Free speech is an important part of finding truth and rooting out evil. Yes death threats and hate can be unsettling but in a free-for-all discussion group that should be expected. I don't like Bill, he's never been someone I liked to read but he did provoke a lot of thought. I chose personally to ignore him because I found out from the past that no amount of exchange with him was going to persuade him to behave differently for more than a day or two. Should he have been banned ? Probably not.

Did BP cross a line and was his little smear campaign aimed at my family beyond what we here felt was acceptable? Must not be so, because he was even censured.

Selective outrage is an exercise in mental masturbation, and your absurd remark that I am incapable of conforming to the dominant paradigm, is just baloney. And whether you like it or not, wishing someone would die is not a death threat.

Pot, kettle, black, etc.

36Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:19 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Joanimaroni wrote:

I disagree....when it becomes personal on and off the forum you have a problem. Death threats, threats of a lawsuit, outing posters, and the overwhelming hatred displayed is intolerable. It's not fair to the other members.

Of course you have a strong case which rests on his tendency to get very personal and vicious at times even to threats outside the forum so yeah ...I just don't know where too far is here ...we could use some rules I guess.

37Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:25 am

Joanimaroni wrote:

You and your minions have been allowed to run roughshod over others with absolute impunity for years now. You do not get to decide what is fair for other members.

You not only approved of BP's libelous attacks, you participated in them, and will continue to do so until the Rapture comes.

Pot, kettle, black, etc....

38Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:29 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

Of course you have a strong case which rests on his tendency to get very personal and vicious at times even to threats outside the forum so yeah ...I just don't know where too far is here ...we could use some rules I guess.

Please enlighten me about threats outside the forum. Is that like when ghandi constantly reminded me that he "knows where I live"? Or is it more like BP posting my Mother and my Sister's names?

39Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:37 am

Skeeter wrote:
You and your minions have been allowed to run roughshod over others with absolute impunity for years now.  You do not get to decide what is fair for other members.  

You not only approved of BP's libelous attacks, you participated in them, and will continue to do so until the Rapture comes.

Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Th?id=H.4529881616550599&pid=1

Do you often think that the whole world is against you as you pick blue lint out of your belly button?

*****CHCUKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Cbfm1PStA

Smile 

40Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:42 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

There are rules.... he was warned numerous times and had a temporary ban. Did it help?

41Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:44 am

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Skeeter wrote:
You and your minions have been allowed to run roughshod over others with absolute impunity for years now.  You do not get to decide what is fair for other members.  

Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Th?id=H.4529881616550599&pid=1

Do you often think that the whole world is against you as you pick blue lint out of your belly button?

*****CHCUKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0Cbfm1PStA

Smile 

Nope. But I'm serious dialed in to the reality at hand. It seems to escape you.

42Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:46 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Someone else is always at fault. Rolling Eyes For Bill, personal responsibility does not exist.

43Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:48 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

There are rules.... he was warned numerous times and had a temporary ban. Did it help?

Stir it harder and the smell will continue to engulf you.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people. E. Roosevelt.

If I was removed from your lexicon, you'd almost be a mute.

44Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:49 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Someone else is always at fault. Rolling Eyes For Bill, personal responsibility does not exist.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

45Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 11:50 am

Skeeter wrote:Please enlighten me about threats outside the forum.  Is that like when ghandi constantly reminded me that he "knows where I live"?  Or is it more like BP posting my Mother and my Sister's names?

Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Th?id=H.5022600196719088&pid=1

Gee Bill... I know who you and a couple of other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals around here are... Do you feel threatened? Would you like Boards phone number so you can whine to him about all the abuses that are being heaped upon you?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrONotIe57c

Smile

46Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:01 pm

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Skeeter wrote:Please enlighten me about threats outside the forum.  Is that like when ghandi constantly reminded me that he "knows where I live"?  Or is it more like BP posting my Mother and my Sister's names?

Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Th?id=H.5022600196719088&pid=1

Gee Bill... I know who you and a couple of other supposedly enlightened progressive liberals around here are... Do you feel threatened? Would you like Boards phone number so you can whine to him about all the abuses that are being heaped upon you? Here you go...

Boards Of Florida phone #: 850-637-5396

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrONotIe57c
Smile

You're a flea...a little blood sucking diseased parasite, but certainly not a threat.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Anybody dumb enough to think that their paltry ownership of a few rifles, pistols and/or shotguns will frighten the military forces of a government bent on total control, deserves the sure death they will receive.

Tell me just how threatening your guns are against an armored car equipped with heavy machineguns. Or the rockets fired from a drone.

In today's world, the idea that the weapons of an armed citizenry would deter in any way the aggression of a militarized super-power government, is as absurd as the far right preaching that withholding health care from millions of Americans will result in better, less expensive healthcare.

Without the 1st Amendment all the other amendments are worthless.

48Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:11 pm

Skeeter wrote:
You're a flea...a little blood sucking diseased parasite, but certainly not a threat.

Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Th?id=H.4874316443093008&pid=1

Funny. I was thinking the same thing about you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oPsvq81n2A

Smile 

49Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:14 pm

Wordslinger wrote:Anybody dumb enough to think that their paltry ownership of a few rifles, pistols and/or shotguns will frighten the military forces of a government bent on total control, deserves the sure death they will receive.

Tell me just how threatening your guns are against an armored car equipped with heavy machineguns.  Or the rockets fired from a drone.

In today's world, the idea that the weapons of an armed citizenry would deter in any way the aggression of a militarized super-power government, is as absurd as the far right preaching that withholding health care from millions of Americans will result in better, less expensive healthcare.

Maybe ask the Afghanis how they do it.

50Our Bill of Rights - Page 2 Empty Re: Our Bill of Rights 7/7/2013, 12:16 pm

Watcher

Watcher

ForgetHell wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Anybody dumb enough to think that their paltry ownership of a few rifles, pistols and/or shotguns will frighten the military forces of a government bent on total control, deserves the sure death they will receive.

Tell me just how threatening your guns are against an armored car equipped with heavy machineguns.  Or the rockets fired from a drone.

Maybe ask the Afghanis how they do it.

The Afghans are assisted by terrorists who come in from other Arab countries. Also, the Afghans do not have to fight against a government that is a militarized superpower.

Last edited by Watcher on 7/7/2013, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum