Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Battle of Gettysburg 150 years ago

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I have visited the battlefield twice.......I hope to see it again. I have given some thought about in 1963 it was the 100th birthday when I was 11, and how quick those fifty years went by, and how we still have very serious divides in this country, and anybody who argues that racism is dead only needs to see how quickly after the Supreme Court case some states were beginning efforts to restrict voter participation........150 years seemed like a long time as a child......I see now that it is simply a blink of the eye.

Sal

Sal

Esquire is running an excellent series on this ...

http://www.esquire.com/archives/blogs/politics/by_tag/esquire%20gettysburg%20reenactment/15;1

Everybody knows the good guys lost...

2seaoat

Everybody knows the good guys lost...

Yes, when terrorists invaded a state and in York they took free black men and kidnapped them off the streets and sent them back South to turn free black men into slaves....yes.....in your world these terrorists would be good guys. 150 years ago was not that long ago, and evil is alive and well today.......but the good guys will win again.......but cowards never win in the end.....free brave men throughout history have prevailed.

2seaoat wrote:Everybody knows the good guys lost...

Yes, when terrorists invaded a state and in York they took free black men and kidnapped them off the streets and sent them back South to turn free black men into slaves....yes.....in your world these terrorists would be good guys.   150 years ago was not that long ago, and evil is alive and well today.......but the good guys will win again.......but cowards never win in the end.....free brave men throughout history have prevailed.

You are judging those times with todays laws. If a Doctor back then was killing fetuses he would have been hung by the neck and if a woman dared to try and vote she would have been jailed. Law is law and you are living now judging then and that makes you a rather dim individual IMHO. Property you bought and paid for belongs to you even slaves back then. There were plenty of slaves up North. Yankees just needed a moral reason to attack the south and conduct an immoral war. The Yankees were the terrorists then and now. Ask any Iraqi.

P.S. Brave men did prevail in Iraq and Vietnam and in Afghanistan.

Last edited by ForgetHell on 7/4/2013, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat wrote:I have visited the battlefield twice.......I hope to see it again.   I have given some thought about in 1963 it was the 100th birthday when I was 11, and how quick those fifty years went by, and how we still have very serious divides in this country, and anybody who argues that racism is dead only needs to see how quickly after the Supreme Court case some states were beginning efforts to restrict voter participation........150 years seemed like a long time as a child......I see now that it is simply a blink of the eye.

The divide has never been at its most since the COWH started socioeconomically dividing the country with his policies.

2seaoat

You are judging those times with todays laws

No a black free man living in PA then or now.......did not have the expectation that terrorists would tear him out of his home because of the color of his skin. Simple terrorism. I am sorry you are an apologist for evil......fortunately the good guys continue to win.....and they will as long as cowardice and evil is so easily identified.

2seaoat

The divide has never been at its most since the COWH started socioeconomically dividing the country with his policies.

Ever live in Birmingham in the 1950s.......put the pipe down.......that crack is pure racism focused on President Obama......put the pipe down.....take a deep breath.......the hate and racism never went away.......in polite society.....it is simply a whisper.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum