Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Breaking news Health Care

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Breaking news Health Care Empty Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 6:30 pm

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100802926

Obama has put off one year the employer mandate.

2Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 6:43 pm

2seaoat

Thanks for the quick update. This sounds like a common sense thing to do. If truly a good system is going to be developed, feedback and adjustments are required. A thumbs up if they are going to truly streamline this legislation.

3Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 7:01 pm

You're welcome. This will either do one of two things: either tear down the act completely or help more employee's receive a subsidy and jump ship off their present group coverage and go the individual route and because of the dollar drain on the system it will lead to single payer. This may have been planned all a long.

I just hope they don't delay the individual mandate, it's been a long 6 months learning all this crap and virtually no sales while people wait until Oct.

4Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 7:33 pm

2seaoat

I just hope they don't delay the individual mandate, it's been a long 6 months learning all this crap and virtually no sales while people wait until Oct.

Yikes.....I never thought about that....uncertainty has a huge business cost. I cannot see any reason other than if you are working for one of these larger employers......but most of these have health care anyway.....so if you hear something on the individual will you please post the same. You have been a great resource for this forum.

5Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 7:38 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Hmm.... Where are Markle, PaceDog, NoChain, Newswatcher, and a few others? Or, they have not posted on this yet....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

6Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 7:44 pm

I certainly will seaoat.

Z they are too busy pulling their puds with joy while reading the update on drudge.

7Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 8:55 pm

Designed to fail.

8Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 9:33 pm

2seaoat

Designed to fail.

Perhaps, but would you agree that improvements are a good thing?

9Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 9:52 pm

doubtingthomas wrote:I certainly will seaoat.

Z they are too busy pulling their puds with joy while reading the update on drudge.

I'm not like you I can get laid.

10Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 9:54 pm

1) Americans will now have more time to rail against this CACA law.
2) He is going to think that by delaying it, it will help save seats in Congress- wrong.
3) He will royally screw Hillary for 2016.

11Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 10:19 pm

Markle

Markle

doubtingthomas wrote:http://www.cnbc.com/id/100802926

President Barack Hussein Obama knows full well that ObamaCare has turned into a train wreck.

Breaking news Health Care Trainwreck

The goal of putting off the mandate is to push it past the 2014 election. He knows if the employer mandate went into effect before the election, Democrats would lose more seats in the House and lose control of the Senate as the disaster unfolded.

12Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 10:25 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

There is plenty of hot sex to be had in Las Vegas....

[/b]

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

13Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/2/2013, 11:44 pm

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I can just see her now.

14Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 2:12 am

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

There is plenty of hot sex to be had in Las Vegas....

[/b]

Must be your OLD man fantasy.

15Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 2:13 am

Dreamsglore wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

I can just see her now.

Now that I am single I get more women that I can handle

16Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 8:18 am

doubtingthomas wrote:http://www.cnbc.com/id/100802926

It's all because of the 2014 elections....and if people are so stupid to not think that after the elections this bad legislation won't continue then once again they deserve the candidate they vote in or return to office...

17Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 11:12 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

There must be a way to implement this in an orderly fashion...but trying to bring everyone on-line in a single day is NOT it. Suggestion: randomized letters of the alphabet

18Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 12:31 pm

The gentleman who sells ins here is pretty dense.

This is political and just another sign obamacare is a disaster.

The exchanges were delayed, the medicaid bribe was a failure and politcal fallout is abudant.

april had aetna pull out of cali, recently we saw united health pull out of cali, the list goes on and on and on .

for those of you who are drolling about a single payer.I sugest you go pick up your dog toto and start heading to speak with the wizard of oz.

19Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 12:44 pm

Sal

Sal

This is a non-story.

There is nothing wrong with letting the employer requirement slip by a year - the extra dollars for the Treasury are insignificant.

The story will now solely be on how families are finally getting coverage.

The critical thing is that employees get health insurance, which they certainly will.

And what they (and you) will discover is that their health care options and coverage will be greater in the exchanges than through any employer-based coverage that their employer may have gotten for them.

20Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 2:02 pm

Yep. its a non story if you just want to give a pass as we watch almost every single part of this monster fall apart and come to the daylight of what it really is, a piece of really large shit.

Just abuot every single portion has either been delayed except the individual mandate.

They delayed this for two reasons, 1st being mid term elections and the fall out. 2nd being they had already delayed the exchange signup for businesses. And bussinesses are rebeling by cutting FTE's and hours. Which btw is legal, so again do not listen to the original poster thomas. as i recall he or she made a severely wrong post not long ago about how that was illegal. I just laughed LOL................ so 2nd reason, the donors are getting pissed and the poor people with no jobs are also getting pissed.

Every thing this admin does is for votes and popularity. Its the party way.

Oh and let me reiterate about that single payer plan dream of some of ya'lls. Not going to happen. By the time this admin is done with the country we will be lucky to be able to afford what we had before him.

21Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 4:16 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

. wrote:The gentleman who sells ins here is pretty dense.

The exchanges were delayed, the medicaid bribe was a failure and politcal fallout is abudant.

april had aetna pull out of cali, recently we saw united health pull out of cali, the list goes on and on and on .

for those of you who are drolling about a single payer.I sugest you go pick up your dog toto and start heading to speak with the wizard of oz.

I spoke with the Wizard a couple of days ago. He says everything is coming along nicely. alien 

22Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 4:35 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Sal wrote:This is a non-story.

There is nothing wrong with letting the employer requirement slip by a year - the extra dollars for the Treasury are insignificant.

The critical thing is that employees get health insurance, which they certainly will.

And what they (and you) will discover is that their health care options and coverage will be greater in the exchanges than through any employer-based coverage that their employer may have gotten for them.

This is so true. The insurance I had recently through my employer, a local hospital system, was a joke this year. Usually, it's been good, but this year it was horrible. Almost worthless, really. BC/BS of South Carolina, of all things, and this is a huge local hospital system I'm talking about. It's one of the reasons I left my job - hey, if I pay my share of the premium, then choose to go to Sacred Heart for care, I don't think my employer-related insurance should leave me with a high bill (which they did, after telling me the test would be covered. I was told the facility was in-network.)

If you stray out of network, the co-pays are disastrous. You can't trust the benefits department to be truthful about what is and or isn't covered, because they don't know themselves. Sad, eh?

If you were injured or had a heart attack in, say, Destin, and were hospitalized at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, the copay would break most people. There was no consideration given to employees who may want to take a vacation away from Pensacola. They have only minimal insurance coverage in facilities that aren't related to the large, local hospital chain.

The only good part about that employer-provided insurance was the prescription drug coverage. However, considering I no longer have to pay that insurance premium, the Escambia County Nacorx.com prescription medication discount prescription card makes up the difference. In truth, I am coming out ahead.

Health insurance should never have been tied to employment in the first place. If the affordable health care bill does nothing else, it may untie that knot. That is one of the best potential outcomes, I think.

As for me, I'll be going through the exchange come October and/or making an appointment with doubtingthomas.

23Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 4:57 pm

. wrote:The gentleman who sells ins here is pretty dense.

No the pathologist here is pretty dense and thank god you don't work in a lab anymore in Pensacola.

UHC (golden rule) had a total of 8000 policies in California and would not put up the reserves to cover these policies, about the same with Aetna.
Aetna pulled out of Ohio last week and Cal this week. I suggest you read insurance journals, if the insurance companies thought this was strickly political they would all be crying foul today and they're not. Most large employer's welcome this delay, again you should study and read up. I suggest you stick to drawing blood (lol).

24Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 4:59 pm

. wrote:Yep. its a non story if you just want to give a pass as we watch almost every single part of this monster fall apart and come to the daylight of what it really is, a piece of really large shit.

Just abuot every single portion has either been delayed except the individual mandate.

They delayed this for two reasons, 1st being mid term elections and the fall out. 2nd being they had already delayed the exchange signup for businesses. And bussinesses are rebeling by cutting FTE's and hours. Which btw is legal, so again do not listen to the original poster thomas. as i recall he or she made a severely wrong post not long ago about how that was illegal. I just laughed LOL................ so 2nd reason, the donors are getting pissed and the poor people with no jobs are also getting pissed.

Every thing this admin does is for votes and popularity. Its the party way.

Oh and let me reiterate about that single payer plan dream of some of ya'lls. Not going to happen. By the time this admin is done with the country we will be lucky to be able to afford what we had before him.

You are as dumb as you type: If an employee of a large group can prove they were placed on pt solely for the purpose of getting around the ACA that is an ERISA violation and the fine is many more thousands of dollars that complying with the ACA.

Last edited by doubtingthomas on 7/3/2013, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

25Breaking news Health Care Empty Re: Breaking news Health Care 7/3/2013, 5:01 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:
Sal wrote:This is a non-story.

But I'm a moron so says the know it all pathologist.
This is so true. The insurance I had recently through my employer, a local hospital system, was a joke this year. Usually, it's been good, but this year it was horrible. Almost worthless, really. BC/BS of South Carolina, of all things, and this is a huge local hospital system I'm talking about. It's one of the reasons I left my job - hey, if I pay my share of the premium, then choose to go to Sacred Heart for care, I don't think my employer-related insurance should leave me with a high bill (which they did, after telling me the test would be covered. I was told the facility was in-network.)

If you stray out of network, the co-pays are disastrous. You can't trust the benefits department to be truthful about what is and or isn't covered, because they don't know themselves. Sad, eh?

If you were injured or had a heart attack in, say, Destin, and were hospitalized at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center, the copay would break most people. There was no consideration given to employees who may want to take a vacation away from Pensacola. They have only minimal insurance coverage in facilities that aren't related to the large, local hospital chain.

The only good part about that employer-provided insurance was the prescription drug coverage. However, considering I no longer have to pay that insurance premium, the Escambia County Nacorx.com prescription medication discount prescription card makes up the difference. In truth, I am coming out ahead.

Health insurance should never have been tied to employment in the first place. If the affordable health care bill does nothing else, it may untie that knot. That is one of the best potential outcomes, I think.

As for me, I'll be going through the exchange come October and/or making an appointment with doubtingthomas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum