Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cops arrest a man for video taping a SWAT raid when his dog leaves the car to help his master the cops shoot it dead..very disturbing.

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:like that line from the old song White Rabbit....Logic and proportion have fallen stoney dead.

Eeeyup....I agree. And "White Rabbit" is one of my favorite songs.

I couldn't view the video. I mean, I could have, but I chose not to do so. My old heart and soul can't handle cruelty to animals.

It's very disturbing.  The poor animal was just looking out for his master.  His master was stupid.  His master disobeyed a police order.  The police were dealing with an armed suspect.   The police handled it very poorly but I have to say that the man is somewhat responsible for what happened.  That's my view on it.  The police tell you to turn down your radio---you do it. Otherwise, you are asking for attention from the police.

This man should have left the scene immediately. I would never put my dog in a situation, particularly a police action, in which he could be injured or killed. This man just wasn't thinking, in my opinion.

Too many pets are being needlessly killed by LEO. I don't know why that is happening.

Ya Think ?

Nekochan

Nekochan

I agree PB. The police handled it horribly, but the man partially brought it on by his refusal to follow the police order. Simple command--turn your radio down. But he thought he didn't have to do what he was told to do by the police. So his dog is dead.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

It wasn't too long ago that LEO raided the wrong house looking for drugs. I can't recall the city where this happened.

The family dog was lying by his master on the floor. The man had been cuffed by LEO. An officer shot and killed the dog.

And it was the wrong damned house.

Yes, law enforcement has a difficult job, but that job should not include killing pets for no reason.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:It wasn't too long ago that LEO raided the wrong house looking for drugs.  I can't recall the city where this happened.

The family dog was lying by his master on the floor. The man had been cuffed by LEO. An officer shot and killed the dog.

Yes, law enforcement has a difficult job, but that job should not include killing pets for no reason.

Yes, I agree. In that case the innocent man didn't bring it upon himself at all. Horrible thing to happen.

In this case that Teo posted, I believe that the dog's owner partially brought this upon himself and his dog. It's sad what happened and I think the police overreacted. BUT citizens have to take responsibility for their own actions too.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:It wasn't too long ago that LEO raided the wrong house looking for drugs.  I can't recall the city where this happened.

Yes, I agree.   In that case the innocent man didn't bring it upon himself at all.  Horrible thing to happen.  

In this case that Teo posted, I believe that the dog's owner partially brought this upon himself and his dog.  It's sad what happened and I think the police overreacted.  BUT citizens have to take responsibility for their own actions too.  

I agree. This man does bear responsibility for his part in this. As I wrote before, he should never have exposed his dog to this sort of situation. This man apparently had no clue about what could happen to his dog. I find that sad, and very telling regarding his commitment to his dog.

EDIT: Then again, we all learn as we go. As you know, Neko, I recently lose two of my dogs as a result of my not knowing or accepting the potential outcome of our living situation. I suppose that puts me smack in the middle of the category of those who had no clue.

We pet lovers do the very best we can for our babies, but there are incidents that can't be predicted. We give all the love we can, but sometimes, as in the case of this man, life happens, and we lose our beloved pets. In retrospect, I can't judge him. I'm quite sure he is suffering from this, and I understand his pain all too well.

Last edited by PBulldog2 on 7/2/2013, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Yes, I agree.   In that case the innocent man didn't bring it upon himself at all.  Horrible thing to happen.  

In this case that Teo posted, I believe that the dog's owner partially brought this upon himself and his dog.  It's sad what happened and I think the police overreacted.  BUT citizens have to take responsibility for their own actions too.  

I agree. This man does bear responsibility for his part in this. As I wrote before, he should never have exposed his dog to this sort of situation. This man apparently had no clue about what could happen to his dog. I find that sad, and very telling regarding his commitment to his dog.

What disturbs me is that the man with the dog knew the police were dealing with a dangerous situation. That's why he was videotaping it. There appears to be 10 or more police cars at the scene. So even if the guy didn't know what was going on, anyone would know that something serious and/or dangerous was happening. Yet he thought he could drive up to the scene with his car radio blaring and completely ignore the police order to turn down his radio. The U.S. Constitution doesn't give you the right to show your ass with the police when the police are dealing with a dangerous situation.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

What disturbs me is that the man with the dog knew the police were dealing with a dangerous situation.  That's why he was videotaping it. There appears to be 10 or more police cars at the scene.  So even if the guy didn't know what was going on, anyone would know that something serious and/or dangerous was happening. Yet he thought he could drive up to the scene with his car radio blaring and completely ignore the police order to turn down his radio.   The U.S. Constitution doesn't give you the right to show your ass with the police when the police are dealing with a dangerous situation.  

I agree, Neko. I can only hope this will serve as a lesson to all pet lovers. Please see the edit I posted to the post you referenced above.

Nekochan

Nekochan

It was sickening watching the video because the dog was totally innocent of any wrongdoing. It appeared to be a well behaved and good and faithful dog. But the person he trusted let him down.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I did a little more research. The dog owner had been previously  beaten by the local police and has a vendetta against them so it goes much deeper than what we are seeing here.

Apparently this isn't the first time that Rosby has had issues with the local police. His prior record includes convictions for resisting arrest, battery and driving under the influence. Rosby, a black man, has filed six complaints alleging mistreatment and racial profiling by the Hawthorn Police.

'There's been a pattern of harassment against him and other African-Americans in Hawthorne. Last July, the police responded to his home and beat him unnecessarily, then threw him in jail for no reason. We sued for that. We'll amend that complaint to include the dog incident,' Gulden said.

Nekochan

Nekochan

TEOTWAWKI wrote:I did a little more research. The dog owner had been previously  beaten by the local police and has a vendetta against them so it goes much deeper than what we are seeing here.

I wondered why he just blatantly ignored the police order. I don't know what his problem or dealings with the police were, but his dog paid the price. It's sad.

Nekochan

Nekochan

PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
PBulldog2 wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

What disturbs me is that the man with the dog knew the police were dealing with a dangerous situation.  That's why he was videotaping it. There appears to be 10 or more police cars at the scene.  So even if the guy didn't know what was going on, anyone would know that something serious and/or dangerous was happening. Yet he thought he could drive up to the scene with his car radio blaring and completely ignore the police order to turn down his radio.   The U.S. Constitution doesn't give you the right to show your ass with the police when the police are dealing with a dangerous situation.  

I agree, Neko. I can only hope this will serve as a lesson to all pet lovers. Please see the edit I posted to the post you referenced above.

PB, I know that you would never knowingly put your dogs in danger like this guy did.  And now Teo has more information about the guy.  I don't know if he really was harassed and mistreated by the police or not, but he put his dog in danger with his actions that day.  I cannot imagine you ever doing such a thing.

Based on Teo's latest information, I do think the man may have been taunting the police by playing his radio loudly and then refusing to turn it down.  It's not a good thing.

Nekochan

Nekochan

And now, with Teo's latest information, looking back over the video and the man's actions....I think the guy might have wanted the police to arrest him.   He drove up to the scene.  He had his radio turned on,  playing loudly.  He got out of his car with his dog and started videotaping the scene.  When the police told him to turn down the radio, he refused. When finally, the police approached him, it looked almost as if he wanted or expected to be arrested.  Of course, when I first watched the video, I did not realize that he had ignored the police order to turn down the radio.  I didn't even know that it was his radio that was playing.  So here is what I think--he set the whole thing up, stopping his car with the radio playing loudly and then staying just outside the area.  But he refused the police order to turn down his radio.  Which leads me to believe that he wanted the police to approach him.  It's almost like he wanted a confrontation of some sort.  But what he didn't count on was that his dog would be killed.  Or maybe he just didn't give a damn about his dog.   Maybe he knew the dog would jump out of the window of the car or maybe he should have known that the dog would jump out the window.

The more I think about it I think the guy was asking for some kind of trouble from the police.

2seaoat

The more I think about it I think the guy was asking for some kind of trouble from the police.

Playing music and standing a half block away across the street from the residence where swat is working video taping the incident may be asking for some kind of trouble from the police........but the actions by the police in this situation could have easily been deescalated........this dog did not have to be shot. Officers carry pepper spray. Officers could have calmly backed off, and told the man to secure his dog in his car.

I did not see any interference by this man at the corner which would have justified his arrest. He clearly holds the police department in disdain, and based upon the utube I agree. We have become an armed camp where in the war on drugs we have created the very standing army our forefathers warned us of the dangers. This domestic army is clearly growing in number and confrontation with the public each day. We need to scale back our criminal justice system.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I agree that that the police handled it very, very poorly. I still think the man with the dog was trying to provoke them. He was not totally innocent in the whole scenario.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum