Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senate immigration bill makes amnestied immigrants more preferable for employment than current US citizens

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/68-senators-vote-create-incentive-employers-hire-amnestied-immigrants-over-us-citizens_738015.html

MORONS.

The immigration bill passed by the Senate Thursday afternoon would give some employers a financial incentive to employ "registered provisional immigrants" (illegal immigrants granted legal status) instead of U.S. citizens.

As the Washington Examiner's Philip Klein recently reported: "Under Obamacare, businesses with over 50 workers that employ American citizens without offering them qualifying health insurance could be subject to fines of up to $3,000 per worker. But because newly legalized immigrants wouldn’t be eligible for subsidies on the Obamacare exchanges until after they become citizens – at least 13 years under the Senate bill – businesses could avoid such fines by hiring the new immigrants instead."

On Tuesday, THE WEEKLY STANDARD asked five U.S. senators about this problem, and none of them knew if it was a problem. "We're trying to solve that right now. I don't know if that's been solved," Senator Max Baucus of Montana (chief author of Obamacare) told THE WEEKLY STANDARD.

"I don't know. I'd have to look at it closely," said Senator Bob Casey of Pennsylvania. "I just haven't read it that closely to know."

=====

Let's hope the HOUSE shoots this down.

Another bill these MORONS did not read but passed anyhow. Treason.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Another bill these MORONS did not read but passed anyhow. Treason.

Should have figured out the pass it now read it later philosophy has not worked....this is not reflective of just one party this time both parties were pushing this passage....When you see republicans like Rubio...McCain and others being led around by Schumer...Lahey...Durbin and others...that should be a huge red flag that this is bad legislation and loaded with pork...

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Wow libs, cannot refute this huh?

I only hope that the republican leadership in the HOUSE will take the time and expose the pork in this bill and problems that it creates before voting it down...Rejection will be portrayed as republicans being anti-Hispanic but will be more difficult with the RINOS in the Senate supporting...Take this to conference work on the differences...remove the pork that's been added and do something this Congress had failed miserably at doing...present a decent piece of legislation to send to the cowh for his signature and see if he'll sign a porkless bill....This time it ain't just liberals pressing to pass horrible legislation that they've not read...some republicans need to find their backbones and quit trying to act like democrats....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It is called: "Refuting a post by ignoring it...."    Twisted Evil

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Well.....let me ask you this in another way.....why would you ever hire a resident alien, if upon hiring them you could not offer them an opportunity to be part of the group plan by law, and if fact you had an employee who was not under the plan you could be fined 3k.

What are the two solutions?

Allow resident aliens to participate in Obamacare?
Do not penalize an employer who hires a resident alien 3k?

You tell me the solution.

Now currently if all employees are part of a group, you must extend coverage. Are you suggesting you want to extend coverage to non citizens?

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

It is called: "Refuting a post by ignoring it...."    Twisted Evil

Can't debate the merits of your trash bill?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum