Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FOR SEAOAT: Move over Prius, Leaf and Volt. Chevrolet has now built the gayest electric car yet.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's call the Chevy EN-V. And it's designed to be marketed to the fruits in China (I didn't even know they had fruits in China).

FOR SEAOAT:  Move over Prius,  Leaf and Volt.  Chevrolet has now built the gayest electric car yet. En-v10

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

And here's Toyota's latest gay electric car. It's called the "Fun Vii".
Looks like an obese Batmobile.
And boy is it the cutting edge of tech. The blank exterior is actually an electronic display. The owner can customize what the exterior looks like by simply uploading whatever image he wants it to look like to facebook. And then downloading that image with a phone app. And the exterior of the car will then become whatever that image is.
And get this, a female 3D holographic "concierge" pops out of the dashboard to assist the driver with all the controls on the car (I shit you not).
Who would want a Vette or Ferrari when you can have one of these.

FOR SEAOAT:  Move over Prius,  Leaf and Volt.  Chevrolet has now built the gayest electric car yet. Fun_vi10

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:It's call the Chevy EN-V.  And it's designed to be marketed to the fruits in China (I didn't even know they had fruits in China).

FOR SEAOAT:  Move over Prius,  Leaf and Volt.  Chevrolet has now built the gayest electric car yet. En-v10

I want one already.....

This video is freaky. Wait until you get to the part where you see an intersection with no stoplights. Cars go through from all directions at the posted speed because they have collision avoidance.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:This video is freaky. Wait until you get to the part where you see an intersection with no stoplights. Cars go through from all directions at the posted speed because they have collision avoidance.....

Sounds good.  But only if those are the only thing on the road.  If there's still still those big Buicks and shit (the chinese are so fond of)  on the road with it,   I wouldn't bet my life on the big Buicks paying any attention to that "collision avoidance" thingy.  lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

This might interest you, Z. Finally an answer to the question I've been asking for a year now. Ever since I walked into Pete Moore Chevrolet and asked it and nobody in there even had a clue.

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2012/07/extreme-heat-affecting-chevy-volt-electric-range.html

2seaoat

Bob,
Did you read some of the posts.........

Not as good as you but I've used 40 gallons in 11 months. The same amount that I used my last car each week! Plus, the Volt is fun to drive.

I think the Volt folks like their cars as much as Prius owners like theirs.......

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Bob,
Did you read some of the posts.........

Not as good as you but I've used 40 gallons in 11 months. The same amount that I used my last car each week! Plus, the Volt is fun to drive.

I think the Volt folks like their cars as much as Prius owners like theirs.......

A 2012 Volt with 5k miles on it turned up on cars.com for $19,000 a few days ago. I pondered on it but then told myself I need to wait until the plug-in hybrids advance a little more. But it was tempting. It apparently sold quick though because the ad was gone 2 days later.

2seaoat

I bet you get close to or more for the trade in value of your Prius when you do decide to get another car.....they are holding their prices very well.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I bet you get close to or more for the trade in value of your Prius when you do decide to get another car.....they are holding their prices very well.....

I'm noticing they hold their value about as good as any vehicle on the road.

The other carmakers are trying to compete with the Prius,  chiefly Honda with it's 2014 hybrid Accord which is getting a lot of attention.  And that's good because that will raise the bar for Toyota.

New plug-in hybrids will soon be rolling out of the factories too.  But so far they're still not practical from an overall economic standpoint when you consider the initial price.
I'm hoping the progress on those will not be too slow because that's what I really want to drive.  An affordable plug-in hybrid that can get about 50 miles on a charge.  That will mean I won't need any gasoline for about 90% of my driving.
What I'm hoping for is a similiar amount of time it took to transition from cathode ray tubes to digital panels in television sets.  Once consumer acceptance and mass market economy of scale kicked in that transition happened very quickly.  
It really wasn't that long ago when a 55" digital HDTV cost $10,000 and was available only at All Pro Sound.
Now the same tv's are priced below a $1000 and are of course available everywhere.
Time will tell.

cool1

cool1

that video was cool and shocking:one person vehicle Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum