Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good Grief

+5
Yella
gulfbeachbandit
bizguy
boards of FL
Joanimaroni
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Good Grief Empty Good Grief 6/25/2013, 10:54 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I backed into a very small tree yesterday and broke my back tail light. Sad
The replacement cover is $271.00 and the installation will be $151.00. Shocked

2Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:01 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Joanimaroni wrote:I backed into a very small tree yesterday and broke my back tail light. Sad

I scraped my front bumper while backing out of a steep driveway on Saturday and it ended up popping out slightly.  The bumper is fine, but some of the connectors where the thing is screwed in were damaged.  I'm hoping some body shop can simply push the thing back in and re-attach.  If they can't, I'm not looking forward to seeing how much it will cost to repair.

Anyone recommend an honest body shop?

3Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:02 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I just watched a video on how to replace the tail light covering.....hopefully we can do it.

4Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:03 am

bizguy

Joanimaroni wrote:I backed into a very small tree yesterday and broke my back tail light. Sad

If that is the dealer price I'd suggest looking at aftermarket suppliers.  The install should not be to difficult for someone with a little mechanical aptitude.

5Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:04 am

Joanimaroni wrote:I just watched a video on how to replace the tail light covering.....hopefully we can do it.

Try not to order the part from the dealership. The will gouge you alive.

6Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:04 am

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I replaced my tail light with one from the junkyard.  $15.00

7Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:07 am

bizguy

boards of FL wrote:

I scraped my front bumper while backing out of a steep driveway on Saturday and it ended up popping out slightly.  The bumper is fine, but some of the connectors where the thing is screwed in were damaged.  I'm hoping some body shop can simply push the thing back in and re-attach.  If they can't, I'm not looking forward to seeing how much it will cost to repair.

Bayside Collision in Gulf Breeze.  Ron and Shannon Westmoreland are local business owners and have a great reputation.  Phone number is 932-2525.

8Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:13 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

bizguy wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Bayside Collision in Gulf Breeze.  Ron and Shannon Westmoreland are local business owners and have a great reputation.  Phone number is 932-2525.

I agree Bayside is very reputable.

9Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:40 am

Yella

Yella

bizguy wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

While you are on your journey of looking for an honest man be sure to carry a lantern of some kind like poor old Diogenes because you will be looking night and day.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

10Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:42 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dammit!

11Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:43 am

Yella

Yella

joanie, unless you already bought the part the junkyard is a good idea. They might even have an employee who will fix it for you after he gets off work.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

12Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:59 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Joani, you have a pm.

13Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 12:01 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Thanks for the body shop recommendations. I just sent an email to Ron and Sharon with pics of the damage.

14Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 1:04 pm

Check fleabay for the parts.. Install is easy..

15Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 1:07 pm

boards of FL wrote:

I put bigger washers in one for a fix..

16Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 1:37 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I called Ronnie at Bayside...they are checking around for the part.

17Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 1:37 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Wow, that's a lot of money..... But it is just like everything else. Breakfast from McDonald's cost me and my wife $10.71 the other day. All I had was an Egg McMuffin Combo meal with a coke, and she had a different breakfast sandwich and a Breakfast Burrito, with a coffee.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

18Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 1:40 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I love Egg McMuffins....but the egg and bacon biscuit is cheaper. We reserve the McMuffin for special occasions....lol

19Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 1:42 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

I just heard back from Bayside.  They offered two options:  1) replace the entire bumper and then paint it ($600).  2) Just reattach and secure ($100).

These prices are very very reasonable.  Thanks again for the recommendation.  Getting it fixed next week.

20Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 2:35 pm

bizguy

boards of FL wrote:I just heard back from Bayside.  They offered two options:  1) replace the entire bumper and then paint it ($600).  2) Just reattach and secure ($100).

These prices are very very reasonable.  Thanks again for the recommendation.  Getting it fixed next week.
I'm glad it worked out for you.  Not that it matters as far as getting your car fixed but Shannon has been the chairperson of the American Cancer Society Relay for Life.  They really give back to the local community both in time and money.

21Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 3:10 pm

Was the Installer's name Bill? Ouch.

Shoulda bought some red reflective tape at Walmart. $5 bucks

22Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 3:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sir BP wrote:

Was the Installer's name Bill? Ouch.

Shoulda bought some red reflective tape at Walmart. $5 bucks

LOL....I have shipping tape on it now. I did not want any water or moisture getting inside. I should've had some duct tape.

23Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 7:33 pm

2seaoat

My son was in college when I let him drive our older and retired buick century.  He was hit by a lady who turned into traffic.....smashing another car, and doing a number on his front bumper and lights.   The insurance company totaled the car, because at the time there was about four thousand of damage, so we got a 3,500 check.......put new headlights in, and went on line and got a bug catcher which covered the bumper and gave the century this sleek new look.....wired the bumper....drilled and pulled some folds.....and the damn car looked better than it did before the accident, and he drove it for two more years and even with the car fax we got a good trade in on the car because the bug boot looked sporty.....about $90 bucks for two years use of the vehicle....he did not feel bad about the car at all.

24Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:20 pm

2seaoat wrote:My son was in college when I let him drive our older and retired buick century.  He was hit by a lady who turned into traffic.....smashing another car, and doing a number on his front bumper and lights.   The insurance company totaled the car, because at the time there was about four thousand of damage, so we got a 3,500 check.......put new headlights in, and went on line and got a bug catcher which covered the bumper and gave the century this sleek new look.....wired the bumper....drilled and pulled some folds.....and the damn car looked better than it did before the accident, and he drove it for two more years and even with the car fax we got a good trade in on the car because the bug boot looked sporty.....about $90 bucks for two years use of the vehicle....he did not feel bad about the car at all.

Gawd! For someone who supposedly owns an island you sure are cheap! Why didn't you just put it towards another car? LOL!

25Good Grief Empty Re: Good Grief 6/25/2013, 11:25 pm

You too uppity for red duct tape ? LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum