Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Son plans shooting at Walmart--- parents turn him in

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

This guy was hospitalized 7 times and walked into a Walmart and bought a shotgun. They say our system is broken.Hell yes!

http://www.mediacomtoday.com/tv/3/player/vendor/CNN/player/sf/asset/gnrc_20325618

As long as you don't get a gun I am happy.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:As long as you don't get a gun I am happy.
     cheerscheerscheerscheers

Jake92

I bet he was released from the hospital or mental treatments because the insurance ran out or he "wasn't serious enough" to keep as an inpatient...  I think the biggest problems are that he was able to buy the gun in the first place and walk out with it the same day, IF that's what happened, and that he wasn't mentally stable enough to be released from the treatments, but the damn insurance industry forced the hospital to release him..  Let the drs run the medicine side, the lawyers run the lagel side, and the insurance pay the bills and keep away from deciding when patients are well enough to be released from treatment...  The dr never should have allowed him to check himself out, but that's where the damn lawyers come in..

Jake92 wrote:I bet he was released from the hospital or mental treatments because the insurance ran out or he "wasn't serious enough" to keep as an inpatient...  I think the biggest problems are that he was able to buy the gun in the first place and walk out with it the same day, IF that's what happened, and that he wasn't mentally stable enough to be released from the treatments, but the damn insurance industry forced the hospital to release him..  Let the drs run the medicine side, the lawyers run the lagel side, and the insurance pay the bills and keep away from deciding when patients are well enough to be released from treatment...  The dr never should have allowed him to check himself out, but that's where the damn lawyers come in..
  In FL...Only handguns have a waiting period...rifles and shotguns can be purchased and taken home the same day...

Jake92

The video showed a scene with snow, so I really doubt it was in FL..  No matter what state it was in, I believe there should be at least a background check by local police for any weapon bought anyplace, even for a private sale from a neighbor or friend..  I also think every sale should be handled by a firearms dealer who is responsible for all paperwork.  Of course, the dealer should get paid for his time too...

Jake92 wrote:The video showed a scene with snow, so I really doubt it was in FL..  No matter what state it was in, I believe there should be at least a background check by local police for any weapon bought anyplace, even for a private sale from a neighbor or friend..  I also think every sale should be handled by a firearms dealer who is responsible for all paperwork.  Of course, the dealer should get paid for his time too...
     Again just to set the record straight...there is still an instant check on rifles/shotguns...

newswatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:The video showed a scene with snow, so I really doubt it was in FL..  No matter what state it was in, I believe there should be at least a background check by local police for any weapon bought anyplace, even for a private sale from a neighbor or friend..  I also think every sale should be handled by a firearms dealer who is responsible for all paperwork.  Of course, the dealer should get paid for his time too...
     Again just to set the record straight...there is still an instant check on rifles/shotguns...

and a five day waiting period for hand guns unless you have CC permit

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

and a five day waiting period for hand guns unless you have CC perm  
       Correct...just wonder how they are going to allow medical information into the system...for example a returning soldier that was treat for ptsd...able to deploy and be armed to fight  but can't posses/buy a weapon upon returning home?...

Jake92

They have to start holding people responsible for ALLOWING people to handle weapons..  ANY dr that allows an unfit PTSD service member to return to a job that requires weapons should also share in the consequences of his medical decisions...  Just like they should hold any service members superiors responsible for what his junior members do..  Remember, shit runs down hill, but can also be pumped up hill too..

Last edited by Jake92 on 6/19/2013, 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total

Jake92 wrote:They have to start holding people responsible for ALLOWING people to handle weapons..  ANY dr that allows an unfit PTSD service member to return to a job that requires weapons should also share in the consequences of his medical decisions...  Just like they shpould hols any service members syuperiors res;ponsible for what his junioon member do..  Remember, shit runs down hill, but can also be pumped up hill too..

Uh, I have plenty of troops that work for me. I am not responsible when they go out and get into trouble. That is why we have NJP and other forms of punishment.

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Jake92 wrote:They have to start holding people responsible for ALLOWING people to handle weapons..  ANY dr that allows an unfit PTSD service member to return to a job that requires weapons should also share in the consequences of his medical decisions...  Just like they shpould hols any service members syuperiors res;ponsible for what his junioon member do..  Remember, shit runs down hill, but can also be pumped up hill too..

Uh, I have plenty of troops that work for me. I am not responsible when they go out and get into trouble. That is why we have NJP and other forms of punishment.
      So the doctor that approves an individual fit to posses/buy weapon(s) be legally responsible in the event of an incident or will the doctor that disapproves be subject to litigation because of a denial?...Get the feeling the only ones that may benefit once again are the lawyers?....

Jake92

In the same way, a lawyer AND judge that allow convicted criminals to return to society should also be held responsible..  If a judge lets a 10 time convicted drunk driver free without completion of rehab, he should be responsible for the injuries and deaths that drunk driver causes..  Same thing as freeing a convicted rapist who is still able to rape again..  Let the freed drunks and rapists live next door to the lawyers and judges that released them from prison..

Last edited by Jake92 on 6/22/2013, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Dreamsglore wrote:This guy was hospitalized 7 times and walked into a Walmart and bought a shotgun. They say our system is broken.Hell yes!

http://www.mediacomtoday.com/tv/3/player/vendor/CNN/player/sf/asset/gnrc_20325618

Son plans shooting at Walmart--- parents turn him in 2Q==

Why are you posting your personal information for everyone to see?

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhat-xUQ6dw

Rolling Eyes

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:This guy was hospitalized 7 times and walked into a Walmart and bought a shotgun. They say our system is broken.Hell yes!

Son plans shooting at Walmart--- parents turn him in 2Q==

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

Why do you continue to post stupid things?

Dreamsglore wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Rolling Eyes

Why do you continue to post stupid things?

Son plans shooting at Walmart--- parents turn him in Th?id=H.4616111655093912&pid=1

Nothing stupid about the truth darlin'.

*****CHCUKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geLR_0_mLYM

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum