Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Could Someone Please Explain Rand Paul's Job to Him?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Sunday that he is weighing a Supreme Court challenge to the National Security Agency's controversial surveillance programs, calling the organization's collection of records an "extraordinary invasion of privacy."
"I'm going to be seeing if I can challenge this at the Supreme Court level," Paul said on [url=http://]Fox News Sunday[/url]. "I’m going to be asking all the internet providers and all of the phone companies: Ask your customers to join me in a class action lawsuit. If we get 10 million Americans saying we don’t want our phone records looked at, then maybe someone will wake up and something will change in Washington."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/09/rand-paul-nsa_n_3411587.html

Class action lawsuit??

If only he were a member of some sort of deliberative body that had the power to write new laws — a lawmaking body, if you will — that could overturn the old laws under which the NSA has the legal authority to collect this data and that gives FISA court the authority to ignore  “oversee” it and the government the legal authority to keep all the details secret.

If only ...

2seaoat

He is doing his job.   He is maximizing his bid for the presidency for 2016.   As a senator he could have the skills to lead and have congressional hearings into defining the expectation of privacy in a rapidly changing technological world.   He lacks those skills.   His dad put this sad puppy in the senate.  The citizens of KY can blush, but in the end tea party candidates are not going to congress to build or improve anything.......they are simply going to destroy.

Rand Paul is a joke.

Sal

Sal

He just may win this lawsuit, and in 2024 you will receive a postcard instructing you to go to a website where you can enter your name, address, phone number, and social security number into a huge database so that you can collect your $1.17 of the settlement.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

lol!

See Alan Grayson petition; he has drafted an addendum to HR 1960.

Good grief!

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Sunday that he is weighing a Supreme Court challenge to the National Security Agency's controversial surveillance programs, calling the organization's collection of records an "extraordinary invasion of privacy."
"I'm going to be seeing if I can challenge this at the Supreme Court level," Paul said on [url=http://]Fox News Sunday[/url]. "I’m going to be asking all the internet providers and all of the phone companies: Ask your customers to join me in a class action lawsuit. If we get 10 million Americans saying we don’t want our phone records looked at, then maybe someone will wake up and something will change in Washington."

Class action lawsuit??

If only he were a member of some sort of deliberative body that had the power to write new laws — a lawmaking body, if you will — that could overturn the old laws under which the NSA has the legal authority to collect this data and that gives FISA court the authority to ignore  “oversee” it and the government the legal authority to keep all the details secret.

If only ...

What is your point?

2seaoat

What is your point?

A senator who is one of the most powerful people in the world, is rendered impotent by doctrine which does not allow him to cooperate with fellow senators to create constructive legislation which could correct a problem or problems.   He is like a powerless consumer who get ripped off regularly and needs to file a lawsuit.

If you start with the proposition that all government is bad, you become impotent if you seek doctrinal consistency.........so he goes to the other branch of government to resolve something he should resolve in his own part of government, but he cannot get it up in the senate, because he is not respected, nor does he have the skills to get anything accomplished.....so he is nothing but a trained chimp who draws attention to the organ grinder, with the hopes that cha ching will end up in the hat.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:What is your point?

A senator who is one of the most powerful people in the world, is rendered impotent by doctrine which does not allow him to cooperate with fellow senators to create constructive legislation which could correct a problem or problems.   He is like a powerless consumer who get ripped off regularly and needs to file a lawsuit.

If you start with the proposition that all government is bad, you become impotent if you seek doctrinal consistency.........so he goes to the other branch of government to resolve something he should resolve in his own part of government, but he cannot get it up in the senate, because he is not respected, nor does he have the skills to get anything accomplished.....so he is nothing but a trained chimp who draws attention to the organ grinder, with the hopes that cha ching will end up in the hat.

He must be extremely effective otherwise you and the other Progressives here wouldn't be getting their panties I such a twist.

Is that your point?

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:

What is your point?

ridicule. 

Sal wrote:Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Sunday that he is weighing a Supreme Court challenge to the National Security Agency's controversial surveillance programs, calling the organization's collection of records an "extraordinary invasion of privacy."
"I'm going to be seeing if I can challenge this at the Supreme Court level," Paul said on Fox News Sunday. "I’m going to be asking all the internet providers and all of the phone companies: Ask your customers to join me in a class action lawsuit. If we get 10 million Americans saying we don’t want our phone records looked at, then maybe someone will wake up and something will change in Washington."

Class action lawsuit??

If only ...

Senator Paul seems to know what his job is and he recognizes that the intrusions of the Federal Government into the private lives of citizens is out of control...not so much that information is being collected for national security to keep us safe but when that information is used as a weapon against political enemies there should be concern...In 2006 then Senator Biden (CBS News) went on a RANT about the Bush Admin collecting information and he said the same thing....his concern is what are they doing with that information and now today....how things can change....In 2007 the cowh gave speeches about the government spying on the American people that have committed on crime and have done nothing wrong....again how times have changed....Coupled with the targeting of certain groups we now know what and why they are collecting this information....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Meanwhile, while he's running his mouth (like several posters on this increasingly dreary forum), Rep. Grayson has drafted an addendum to the military appropriations bill that would in effect stop funding this madness.  

Strange commentary coming from a member of the Legislature.

NaNook

NaNook

If you don't like Sen. Paul, move to KY and vote against him. It's so simple a Clinton could do it......carpetbaggers.....

why do conservatives favor that others relocate to express their opinion?  why don't you move to iran where you're attitude is the dominant view?

2seaoat

He must be extremely effective otherwise you and the other Progressives here wouldn't be getting their panties I such a twist.

Is that your point?

I am a Republican.....Rand Paul is a libertarian pretending to be a Republican.  The voters in KY will not make the same mistake twice.....he will face primary opponents.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:

I am a Republican.....Rand Paul is a libertarian 
No, he's not.

He's a opportunist Paultard, just like his dad. 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum