Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another shooting in Pensacola...PPD searching for shooter.

+3
Hospital Bob
gulfbeachbandit
Joanimaroni
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

http://www.pnj.com/article/20120722/NEWS01/120722008/Pensacola-police-pursuing-shooting-suspect?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

No description of the shooter in the article but we all know what he looks like. Even though some won't admit it.

crime is out of control.

lock and load

Speaking of "Lock 'N Load", my brother-in-law dropped a pistol with a bullet in the chamber and it killed him. The pistol went off and shot him square in the chest. (That's the story, anyway.) As a result, I keep an empty chamber in my pistol.

What do y'all do? Bullet in the chamber or not???

I do the same as you.............Thanks for the "foes" tip..........Works great

Last edited by hallmarkgrad on 7/22/2012, 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I own more guns that the pensacola armory and all my guns have a round chambered, no safety on , and always at least one of them within arms reach.

I have never dropped a gun and probably never will.

And unlike dreamsglores mom, I have never dropped a baby on it's head.

Yomama wrote:Speaking of "Lock 'N Load", my brother-in-law dropped a pistol with a bullet in the chamber and it killed him. The pistol went off and shot him square in the chest. (That's the story, anyway.) As a result, I keep an empty chamber in my pistol.

I keep the clip loaded in the case with the gun. I have gotten scared a few times and got up and loaded it, but kept it in the case.

hehe@Ghandi Wink

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ghandi wrote:I own more guns that the pensacola armory
Now there's a really comforting thought. lol

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

bob,

A dozen blacks shoot people in escambia county every week and you think I'm a risk? I thought you were smarter than that. The only reason I own guns and practice so much is because of the blacks in the county. They should pay for my range fee's instead of me paying for their rent and food and gold teeth and 22 inch tires.

I only practice shooting on black silhouette targets. Thats the only way they are available. How funny is that.

Ever seen a white silhouette target?

ButtMan wrote:
ghandi wrote:I own more guns that the pensacola armory
Now there's a really comforting thought. lol

Chrissy8 wrote:I keep the clip loaded in the case with the gun. I have gotten scared a few times and got up and loaded it, but kept it in the case.

Chrissy, Gunz mentioned yesterday something I didn't know. Most of the things I have called a "clips" are actually "magazines". Actually clips are pretty rare. You can't load a clip with single bullets. Anyway, call me a smart-ass if you want... I don't care.

I carry my pistol with me when we travel and keep it handy wherever I'm staying, but I don't usually slip it into my pocket. I keep a full magazine in it, but I don't load the chamber with a round, in case I accidentally drop the pistol. It'll cause a 2-second delay (to chamber a round) if I ever really "need" it, but it's a delay that gives me a little comfort as far as safety is concerned.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The small narrow corridor between Hayne and Tarragona is a war zone. If we can be in Iraq and Afghanistan for decades then there ought to be some way to deal with a few lousy blocks in Pensacola. If the worthless city government and it's police force can't do it then we need some vigilantes who can. If not then that cancer over there is just going to start spreading.

ghandi wrote:I own more guns that the pensacola armory and all my guns have a round chambered, no safety on , and always at least one of them within arms reach.

Yomama wrote:Speaking of "Lock 'N Load", my brother-in-law dropped a pistol with a bullet in the chamber and it killed him. The pistol went off and shot him square in the chest. (That's the story, anyway.) As a result, I keep an empty chamber in my pistol.

You are the very reason we need stricter gun laws.You should never own a gun for any reason. You are an unstable and racist individual that needs to be watched closely. The thought that you have guns is very dangerous indeed.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I keep a can of pepper spray on hand.......... Twisted Evil

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

I still have my .357 w/ pacmeyer grips from when I was w/ the Sheriff's Dept. but I would only use my double barrel shotgun if someone tried to break in.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I don't just have guns. I have a lot of guns. And I know how to use them. I also have a carry permit. Always armed. What do you have? A baseball bat?

Dreamsglore wrote:
ghandi wrote:I own more guns that the pensacola armory and all my guns have a round chambered, no safety on , and always at least one of them within arms reach.

You are the very reason we need stricter gun laws.You should never own a gun for any reason. You are an unstable and racist individual that needs to be watched closely. The thought that you have guns is very dangerous indeed.

Slicef18

Slicef18

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I keep a can of pepper spray on hand.......... Twisted Evil

I hope you don't get caught bringing a "can of pepper spray" to a gun fight.

It depends where I am but most of the time it's empty.
I never dropped a gun.

no stress

no stress

Modern firearms have a cover over the firing pin that only moves when the trigger is engaged. It is virtually impossible to have one fire by being dropped. I dont know what style or the age of your brothers pistol but that is definately a strange story. I carry my .45 with one in the chamber, also have two mags in the holster and a 9mm on my ankle. I used to not carry the little nine but about a year ago I figured the extra firepower couldnt hurt.

I know my Glock is safe with a chambered round but I don't do it unless I'm in Bobs part of town. Very Happy

Gunz wrote:Modern firearms have a cover over the firing pin that only moves when the trigger is engaged. It is virtually impossible to have one fire by being dropped.

My Beretta Tomcat is fairly new. You think it might have this protection?

I have no idea what gun killed my BIL, Gunz.

no stress

no stress

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firing_pin_block

See Firing Pin Block

Yella

Yella

An empty chamber is of little use. That empty chamber may have held the very round you need.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

ghandi wrote:I don't just have guns. I have a lot of guns. And I know how to use them. I also have a carry permit. Always armed. What do you have? A baseball bat?

Good for you,Ghandi but I'll bet you can't out shoot me. I graduated #1 in the police academy which may have been awhile ago but some things you just don't lose,ya know? I have a few guns myself but you can only use one at a time. I'm pretty proficient w/ my shotgun too.BTW, I have a carry permit too. All ex-LE do.
Dreamsglore wrote:

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I'll take your lies in to consideration and say you have a base ball bat behind your door. If it's not in pawn right now. Good for you.

Dreamsglore wrote:
ghandi wrote:I don't just have guns. I have a lot of guns. And I know how to use them. I also have a carry permit. Always armed. What do you have? A baseball bat?

Good for you,Ghandi but I'll bet you can't out shoot me. I graduated #1 in the police academy which may have been awhile ago but some things you just don't lose,ya know? I have a few guns myself but you can only use one at a time. I'm pretty proficient w/ my shotgun too.BTW, I have a carry permit too. All ex-LE do.
Dreamsglore wrote:

ghandi wrote:I'll take your lies in to consideration and say you have a base ball bat behind your door. If it's not in pawn right now. Good for you.

Say whatever you want-just don't bet on it.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Dreamsglore wrote:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum