Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

a million dollar bond for dry ice in a water bottle

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52036072#.UadSG9iU9I0

kids have been blowing up mail boxes with this technique for 25 years, and now they are requiring 1 million bond........we are losing our minds.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Americans sold freedom for security...now they have neither.

2seaoat wrote:http://www.nbcnews.com/id/52036072#.UadSG9iU9I0

kids have been blowing up mail boxes with this technique for 25 years, and now they are requiring 1 million bond........we are losing our minds.

I suppose I have led a sheltered life because I have never blown up a mailbox or anything else for that matter with dry ice/water bottle. I have never even place a cherry bomb in anyone's mailbox. My parents taught us to respect others property.

Nekochan

Nekochan

A million sounds like a lot...but this is not a little, innocent prank he pulled. I'm with Ghost on this.

2seaoat

He put some shaved dry ice in a small plastic water bottle and threw it in the trash and as the dry ice transformed into gas the bottle expanded and burst making a loud noise. The noise frightened people. Was it explosives.....well not exactly. Could it have been dangerous.....yes......but probably not in a standard trash container using a water bottle. The teenage prank usually uses a liter bottle and dry ice, and then places the same in the mailbox......this can be very dangerous because the mailbox door and potentially plastic or metal can become a projectile.

I have told the story where I was on a golf trip to Fort Meyer and one of our players got a phone call from his wife that their mail box blew up while he was in Fort Meyer. He had just concluded testimony in a trial and thought his family was at risk and was going to head home, when his wife told him the local department had the kids and they had blown up four mailboxes. What the kids did was a dangerous prank.....they were looking at an ordinance violation or maybe a misdemeanor.......maybe a $300 bond, or recog and release to their parents with a court date......a one million dollar bond means this kid is staying in jail.......we have criminalized everything and have created a monster, and until it comes to consume us or our families........we do not protest a one million dollar bond.......this was an insane over reaction.

2seaoat wrote:He put some shaved dry ice in a small plastic water bottle and threw it in the trash and as the dry ice transformed into gas the bottle expanded and burst making a loud noise. The noise frightened people. Was it explosives.....well not exactly. Could it have been dangerous.....yes......but probably not in a standard trash container using a water bottle. The teenage prank usually uses a liter bottle and dry ice, and then places the same in the mailbox......this can be very dangerous because the mailbox door and potentially plastic or metal can become a projectile.

I have told the story where I was on a golf trip to Fort Meyer and one of our players got a phone call from his wife that their mail box blew up while he was in Fort Meyer. He had just concluded testimony in a trial and thought his family was at risk and was going to head home, when his wife told him the local department had the kids and they had blown up four mailboxes. What the kids did was a dangerous prank.....they were looking at an ordinance violation or maybe a misdemeanor.......maybe a $300 bond, or recog and release to their parents with a court date......a one million dollar bond means this kid is staying in jail.......we have criminalized everything and have created a monster, and until it comes to consume us or our families........we do not protest a one million dollar bond.......this was an insane over reaction.

I agree that a million dollar bond is probably a bit excessive.

Now on another hand, it appears that you are justifying what this guy did as a so called "harmless" prank.

2seaoat

Now on another hand, it appears that you are justifying what this guy did as a so called "harmless" prank.

It was not a harmless prank. It cost money to have a police response, and it cost Disney money. I think that a civil suit rather than a criminal action is far more appropriate. I think as a society that we have taken things which were bad behavior and criminalized actions beyond common sense. It reminds me of the Terminator movie where they created these machines to make them safer.....and then the machines turned on the human race. We have created a monster and it is time to dismantle and shrink much of the mechanism which have grown 500% in less than 30 years.......a one million dollar bond to me is like the terminator saying....".Hasta la vista, baby."........it may be too late already.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

We are being acclimated to accept the REVENGE of the State. When we lay down for them grabbing our wives and children's genitals and shooting to death anyone that makes the State enforcement arm uncomfortable we are well on our way to summary executions....hell, already have had many of them.(

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum