Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HOUSE COMMITTEE INVESTIGATING WHETHER ERIC HOLDER MISLED CONGRESS — AND ‘PERJURY IS ON THE TABLE’

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

VectorMan

VectorMan

The House Judiciary Committee is investigating whether Attorney General Eric Holder lied to Congress during his recent testimony regarding the Justice Department’s monitoring of journalists, an aide revealed on Tuesday. A Republican aide also told MailOnline that “perjury is on the table.”

Testifying before the House committee on May 15, Holder said he was not involved in or aware of any “potential prosecution of the press for the disclosure of material.” He also said it would not be a course of action that he would recommend.

However, just days later the DOJ was forced to admit that the Holder personally signed off on the search warrant to obtain Fox News reporter James Rosen’s personal emails. The affidavit filed accused the reporter of being a likely criminal “co-conspirator” in the leak of sensitive material regarding North Korea’s nuclear program.

Rosen has not been charged or prosecuted, but he was accused by the DOJ of violating the federal Espionage Act.

“Holder said it’s not something I’m involved with, don’t know anything about it — he lied on both counts,” former Justice Department attorney J. Christian Adams said.

In the meantime, Holder is planning to investigate the DOJ’s investigative policies involving journalists. The department has been criticized for allowing Holder to lead an investigation into an incident that he was personally involved in.

“Holder, though, could argue that, in fact, Rosen was never prosecuted — and so his testimony was not misleading,” Fox News notes.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/05/28/house-committee-investigating-whether-eric-holder-misled-congress-and-perjury-is-on-the-table/

CRASH & BURN!

He has needed to go since 2010... at some point everyone should be able to see this... except obama apparently.

2seaoat

Eric Holder needs to go for lack of prosecution of Wall Street and the Bankers......I do not see any validity in this effort, but at this time I simply want him gone. I want someone who will prosecute Wall Street and Bank abuses, and this however is just more political silliness.

Holder said it’s not something I’m involved with, don’t know anything about it — he lied on both counts,” former Justice Department attorney J. Christian Adams said.

It is easy to say he is not involved, and it is easy to say he knew nothing about it........the AG may sign 100s of directives each day and not be involved in the day to day portion of the investigation. Silly....Silly lack of understanding how a criminal complaint or warrant may be originated.......this would assume that every state AG, or every county SA who has assistants who charge someone or seek a remedy have the personal involvement of the boss.....complete and utter silliness........now if he was involved in the investigation and emails have him dealing with substance and review....whole other matter.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

CRASH & BURN!

How many times a week do we see this coming from Vectorman? I think Seaoat has surmised this the right way, and Vectorman is engaging in useless wishful thinking....

I sure wish Republicans would start leading for a change instead of just engaging in petty BS that is going to cost them dearly in 2014. The only platform they have seems to be one of trying to tear down Obama/the Democrats, instead of rising above them to prove they are better than they are.

Stalwart Republicans are jumping ship--Even Bob Dole says the GOP should be "...Closed for repairs..." I have been a lifelong Republican and I agree with Dole... Dole says he and Reagan would have a hard time finding a place in today's thoroughly crazy GOP.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/26/gop-should-be-closed-for-repairs-says-dole/

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

VectorMan

VectorMan

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:CRASH & BURN!

How many times a week do we see this coming from Vectorman? I think Seaoat has surmised this the right way, and Vectorman is engaging in useless wishful thinking....

I sure wish Republicans would start leading for a change instead of just engaging in petty BS that is going to cost them dearly in 2014. The only platform they have seems to be one of trying to tear down Obama/the Democrats, instead of rising above them to prove they are better than they are.

Stalwart Republicans are jumping ship--Even Bob Dole says the GOP should be "...Closed for repairs..." I have been a lifelong Republican and I agree with Dole... Dole says he and Reagan would have a hard time finding a place in today's thoroughly crazy GOP.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/05/26/gop-should-be-closed-for-repairs-says-dole/

Hey! I agree. There are Republicans in office that are as screwed up as a can of worms. But what's coming from this current administration is even worse.

Defend them all you want. Obama and his political ambitions, ideology, arrogance, ignorance and lies need to go.

So Obama, you no good sorry sack of excrement CRASH & BURN!

HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN

Last edited by Agenda 21 on 5/28/2013, 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

hell, I thought bod dole was dead

holder needs to go now. he can leave and prepare the sidewalk for obummeer.

Chrissy wrote:hell, I thought bod dole was dead

Uh, he is, I think...?? He came back to warn the others who are dead and don't know it yet. Poor Bod...we hardly knew him.

holder needs to go now. he can leave and prepare the sidewalk for obummeer.

LOL chrissy. Your (sic) so clee-shay, but you make up for it by being insufferable.

Markle

Markle

Why did Eric Holder DEMAND an OFF THE RECORD press conference to "explain" all his various scandals so he could not be help responsible for what he said?

Markle wrote:

Why did Eric Holder DEMAND an OFF THE RECORD press conference to "explain" all his various scandals so he could not be help responsible for what he said?

Holder should have been gone long ago...He wanted the media off the record because he was looking for support for his untruthfulness and misleading statements....in ordinary people language...LIES..and PERJURY...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2008/12/01/nyt-holder-more-deeply-in_n_147605.html

Eric Holder "More Deeply Involved" In Rich Pardon Than Supporters Acknowledge

WASHINGTON - In the much praised career of Eric H. Holder Jr.,President-elect Barack Obama's choice to be attorney general,there is one notable blemish: Mr. Holder's complicated role in the 2001 pardon of Marc Rich,a billionaire financier who had fled the country rather than face federal tax evasion charges.

Mr. Holder's supporters portray him as having been a relatively uninvolved bystander caught in a Clinton-era controversy,the remarkable granting of a last-minute pardon by President Bill Clinton to a fugitive from justice. But interviews and an examination of Congressional records show that Mr. Holder,who at the time of the pardon was the deputy attorney general,was more deeply involved in the Rich pardon than his supporters acknowledge.

No more supporters? You're actually a little behind the leftist propaganda curve... try to keep up please.

Markle

Markle

newswatcher wrote:
Markle wrote:

Holder should have been gone long ago...He wanted the media off the record because he was looking for support for his untruthfulness and misleading statements....in ordinary people language...LIES..and PERJURY...

Quite true. Holder will fall on his sword for President Barack Hussein Obama and Obama depends on that fact to protect himself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum