Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baseball in Pensacola......documentary....let the naysayers cringe....

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

It's only fair, after all that he's done to us.

Finally a rational solution to forever solve the Pensacola whining problem.....but then again with the whine gone.........who will cut the cheese?

Bad idea..... I dont like habernero/coconut sauce

LOL Almost had em. 11 to 1. Close game.............for the Wahoos LOL

.330k folks attending........and hundreds of thousands vote with their feet,

Remember this is not 330,000 unique or different people going to Stooderville. 3,000 season tickets times 70 games is 210,000 in attendance . So Moe and Joe get counted for 140(Fans) as they go to the seasons games, while in truth, there is only 2 of them.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Then we have finally through deductive reasoning reached a truth.....naysayers are not baseball fans, and never could understand why people would attend games to watch promising prospects get their chance at the bigs......yep.....we have established that you are not a baseball fan, and never cared from the get go......which explains the disconnect between the naysayers and the people in the Pensacola area who are in the hundreds of thousands attending games and enjoying good family fun.......while a few stew in their own resentment of the success of the park, and the fun families are having......when they thought 900 people would MAYBE attend.......disconnect with reality.......people vote with their feet.....but the cubs and red sox teams have to agree.........losing really hurts their attendance........clueless.

Total BULL, Seaoat. I've already told you that when I lived in Houston, my husband and I had season tickets to the Astros...and they weren't "the cheap seats", either. Sometimes, we were invited to the skyboxes. Always had a great time. Remember Cesar Cedeno? I love baseball...my grandfather played in the minor leagues before I was born. My daughter was a softball all-star. So, my opposition to the stadium HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BASEBALL as a sport. Really, could you be more clueless? This development was a con job on the taxpayers...a bait & switch...

I don't know when I'll go to that stadium; maybe never. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth...and, mark my words, people in the City will end up holding the bag, whether they ever attend a game or not...plus we've all lost out on what could have been...opportunity cost.

Baseball in Pensacola......documentary....let the naysayers cringe.... - Page 2 Howdy-doody1

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:You think it is about Baseball. It is not.......

Yep.....that is all it is about......330k folks attending........end of story. The rest is smoke and mirrors, and impatience...........the success is the attendance.......no other objective standard........Now if Studer died next week......who would you blame for the success.........Never heard you say a word about Judy Bense.......but then UWF promises not kept are suddenly a baseball problem.....nope baseball has been a home run......the public has a beautiful public park owned by the citizens and paid by profits from leases and baseball operations.......basbulll has been very very good.........and hundreds of thousands vote with their feet, while twenty or so whiners continue to look for cheese with their whine.

Stop blaming Judy Bense...she wasn't in on the planning...it was Dr. Cavanaugh who was in on the early stages, not her, as I have explained to you before.

"...paid by the profits from leases and baseball operations..." WHAT??? You've either gone completely off your rocker or you're delusional...or lying. Which is it?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:Speaking of People voting with their feet..........I missed where he said people are moving to the city because of Stooderville LOL.....

Mayor Hayward
To physically grow our City and increase our tax base, we must add population through annexation. Between 2000 and 2010, the City of Pensacola lost more than 4,000 residents. We must increase the City’s population by at least that number before the next census. To that end, we have developed a program of voluntary annexation in order to expand our City and clean up our confusing boundaries. This week, I will ask Council to approve the voluntary annexation of more than thirty parcels currently split between the City and County.

Yep, I've noticed an upswing in the number of houses coming on the market. And, not to change the subject, but I'm glad the Mayor is focusing on these pockets of city/county property. It is a mess.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Red Kneckerson wrote:It finally clicks with me....I get it, and you've won me over.

I think Quint Studer should be lynched at high noon, July 4th, from the scoreboard @ the Stadium while a charity little league game is underway, pausing only to take his body to be fed to the homeless. His bones being saved for a nice reduction to be served over an open buffet of raw red meat, ground of course.

As post game entertainment, his wife should be disemboweled on home plate.....her entrails should be boiled in beer and served with EVOO and a dash of habernero/coconut sauce on a fresh hot french crusty baguette...hand delivered to the anxious crowd by alcoholics wearing hair-shirts with a huge red A emblazoned on their chest. No tipping, please.

Then we have a giganormous party after we storm the gates of his estate, kill all his cattle, burn all his crops, and eat all of his imported cheese....no wine, thank you very much.

Then and only then will be free from his reign of terror.

It's only fair, after all that he's done to us.

For what it's worth, he's good to his dog.

No, his wife is actually pretty decent. Too bad about her poor judgement. And I think he still lives on the beach.

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Then we have finally through deductive reasoning reached a truth.....naysayers are not baseball fans, and never could understand why people would attend games to watch promising prospects get their chance at the bigs......yep.....we have established that you are not a baseball fan, and never cared from the get go......which explains the disconnect between the naysayers and the people in the Pensacola area who are in the hundreds of thousands attending games and enjoying good family fun.......while a few stew in their own resentment of the success of the park, and the fun families are having......when they thought 900 people would MAYBE attend.......disconnect with reality.......people vote with their feet.....but the cubs and red sox teams have to agree.........losing really hurts their attendance........clueless.

Total BULL, Seaoat. I've already told you that when I lived in Houston, my husband and I had season tickets to the Astros...and they weren't "the cheap seats", either. Sometimes, we were invited to the skyboxes. Always had a great time. Remember Cesar Cedeno? I love baseball...my grandfather played in the minor leagues before I was born. My daughter was a softball all-star. So, my opposition to the stadium HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BASEBALL as a sport. Really, could you be more clueless? This development was a con job on the taxpayers...a bait & switch...

I don't know when I'll go to that stadium; maybe never. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth...and, mark my words, people in the City will end up holding the bag, whether they ever attend a game or not...plus we've all lost out on what could have been...opportunity cost.

Baseball in Pensacola......documentary....let the naysayers cringe.... - Page 2 Howdy-doody1

I remember cedeno well... I remember him breaking his ankle sliding into second during the playoffs... it killed our chance to go to the world series. How about that pitching staff in the late seventies/early eighties... I think one of the best starting five of all time.

JR Richards, Nolan Ryan, Don Sutton, Joe Nekro, Bob Knepper... Amazing. It was a tough road being an astros fan tho.

"Stop blaming Judy Bense...she wasn't in on the planning...it was Dr. Cavanaugh who was in on the early stages, not her, as I have explained to you before."

Correct. Judy had other idea's that did not include the Maritime Park.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I remember cedeno well... I remember him breaking his ankle sliding into second during the playoffs... it killed our chance to go to the world series. How about that pitching staff in the late seventies/early eighties... I think one of the best starting five of all time.

JR Richards, Nolan Ryan, Don Sutton, Joe Nekro, Bob Knepper... Amazing. It was a tough road being an astros fan tho.

I moved here in '79, so I missed those games, but I always loved being there. The only part I hated was the long lines at the bathroom. But the skyboxes backed up to a huge bar with private facilities.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum