Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baseball in Pensacola......documentary....let the naysayers cringe....

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

http://wsre.org/baseball/

Looking forward to seeing this.......as Mark Twain said.....baseball the great unifier........

And to the baseball naysayers.....Twain said

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

The more you explain it, the more I don't understand it.
Mark Twain

2seaoat wrote:http://wsre.org/baseball/

Looking forward to seeing this.......as Mark Twain said.....baseball the great unifier........

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

Now we know!

Nekochan

Nekochan

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

Now we know!

Laughing

Fact: The Wahoos have lost 8 games in a row.

Fact: Mark Twain would agree with above fact if he were here.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Mark Twain

Now ai know where poster Markle gets his inspiration......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Mark Twain

Mark Twain

There's a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure the truth.-------------------Maya Angelou

2seaoat

I am looking forward to this documentary. Don Sutton with 324 wins is just the tip of the baseball talent iceberg in Northwest Florida. It is no accident the stadium is setting attendance records........Pensacola fans know baseball......naysayers however can read the win loss column.......whether they understand percentages is still to be determined.

We understand baseball. We dont care to understand Studers Bull Shit. End of Story............

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:We understand baseball. We dont care to understand Studers Bull Shit. End of Story............

Thank you HG, could not have stated it better.

2seaoat

We understand baseball. We dont care to understand Studers Bull Shit. End of Story............

Then there must be a disconnect......people are voting with their feet and butts in the seats.......and you are right baseball fans do not get involved in local politics......they love the game......they attend.......but some said they would not.......some think the game of baseball is simply about wins........and the naysayers have proven they do not have a clue about all of us who played on losing teams, or struck out, or walked a batter......nope to understand baseball is to understand life......and the naysayers......they most certainly never knew baseball......pretenders all.......because if they understood baseball and the rich tradition of baseball history in Pensacola......they never would have argued 900 folks a game......simply clueless that Mr. Studer has nothing to do with the love of the game......that a Cub Fan or a Boston Fan can attend games for a century watching losers.......clueless about baseball.....clueless about life.

.nope to understand baseball is to understand life................clueless about life ...................... LOL

2seaoat wrote:We understand baseball. We dont care to understand Studers Bull Shit. End of Story............

Then there must be a disconnect......people are voting with their feet and butts in the seats.......and you are right baseball fans do not get involved in local politics......they love the game......they attend.......but some said they would not.......some think the game of baseball is simply about wins........and the naysayers have proven they do not have a clue about all of us who played on losing teams, or struck out, or walked a batter......nope to understand baseball is to understand life......and the naysayers......they most certainly never knew baseball......pretenders all.......because if they understood baseball and the rich tradition of baseball history in Pensacola......they never would have argued 900 folks a game......simply clueless that Mr. Studer has nothing to do with the love of the game......that a Cub Fan or a Boston Fan can attend games for a century watching losers.......clueless about baseball.....clueless about life.

If it isn't about winning, then why the hell have so managers been fired because of losing seasons. You can say it is not about winning all you want, but that is exactly what the bottom line really is. This goes for any and every sport, not just baseball.

What the naysayers are really pissed about is not baseball, but the fact they they were feed a ton of bullshit by Studer and his proteges.

What the naysayers are really pissed about is not baseball, but the fact they they were feed a ton of bullshit by Studer and his proteges.

THIS!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

2seaoat

Then we have finally through deductive reasoning reached a truth.....naysayers are not baseball fans, and never could understand why people would attend games to watch promising prospects get their chance at the bigs......yep.....we have established that you are not a baseball fan, and never cared from the get go......which explains the disconnect between the naysayers and the people in the Pensacola area who are in the hundreds of thousands attending games and enjoying good family fun.......while a few stew in their own resentment of the success of the park, and the fun families are having......when they thought 900 people would MAYBE attend.......disconnect with reality.......people vote with their feet.....but the cubs and red sox teams have to agree.........losing really hurts their attendance........clueless.

You keep bring up these crazy bat shit numbers about attendance. Who said 900? Me? What we are pissed about is that Studer has divided the city, has a sweet heart deal and is costing our area money. We were promised that this effort would be self sustaining . So far it has not. Now we hear , well maybe in 5 years are so. With out a doubt the CMPA/Ball Park has been grossly mis managed. Even the PNJ and the IN weekly agree on this. You maybe be blind to the fact that we here in Pensacola are in a hell of a mess.
As I stated in Ricks Blog I hope the damn thing is successful. But it is not going to be a easy job or a slam dunk. Studer put on the Winter Ice Follies and lost 264,000 dollars. So much for a Multi use stadium.
You think it is about Baseball. It is not......

2seaoat wrote:Then we have finally through deductive reasoning reached a truth.....naysayers are not baseball fans, and never could understand why people would attend games to watch promising prospects get their chance at the bigs......yep.....we have established that you are not a baseball fan, and never cared from the get go......which explains the disconnect between the naysayers and the people in the Pensacola area who are in the hundreds of thousands attending games and enjoying good family fun.......while a few stew in their own resentment of the success of the park, and the fun families are having......when they thought 900 people would MAYBE attend.......disconnect with reality.......people vote with their feet.....but the cubs and red sox teams have to agree.........losing really hurts their attendance........clueless.

You are putting words into their mouths. I have heard none of the naysayers, with the exception of myself, say a word about not liking baseball, they and myself feel like we have been fed a ton of bullshit by Studer in getting the CMP built, which now needs almost $400K bailout from the city. This is not about baseball, nor is it about whether we like baseball or not. We do not need to understand baseball to know that this city has been left holding the bag.

Every one of your post about this subject has been aout "baseball has been very very good to me", when others have attempted to explain to you that it is about the Studer hypocrisy.

2seaoat

You think it is about Baseball. It is not.......

Yep.....that is all it is about......330k folks attending........end of story. The rest is smoke and mirrors, and impatience...........the success is the attendance.......no other objective standard........Now if Studer died next week......who would you blame for the success.........Never heard you say a word about Judy Bense.......but then UWF promises not kept are suddenly a baseball problem.....nope baseball has been a home run......the public has a beautiful public park owned by the citizens and paid by profits from leases and baseball operations.......basbulll has been very very good.........and hundreds of thousands vote with their feet, while twenty or so whiners continue to look for cheese with their whine.

2seaoat wrote:You think it is about Baseball. It is not.......

Yep.....that is all it is about......330k folks attending........end of story. The rest is smoke and mirrors, and impatience...........the success is the attendance.......no other objective standard........Now if Studer died next week......who would you blame for the success.........Never heard you say a word about Judy Bense.......but then UWF promises not kept are suddenly a baseball problem.....nope baseball has been a home run......the public has a beautiful public park owned by the citizens and paid by profits from leases and baseball operations.......basbulll has been very very good.........and hundreds of thousands vote with their feet, while twenty or so whiners continue to look for cheese with their whine.

There are far more than 20 or so whiners. A whole bunch more unless you have not been paying attention. It is just that most do not post here.

While twenty or so whiners continue to look for cheese with their whine.

Nice job ignoring miss management, debt and lack of planing. You only wish there were only 20 or so whiners. LOL Just watch,,,,,,,,,,as they say in base ball This is just the 1st inning.

2seaoat

Nice job ignoring miss management, debt and lack of planing.

No miss.....solutions are easy.......but again, baseball fans vote with their feet, whiners think it is the first inning........game was over when 330k people voted with their feet......the rest is simple ancillary no brainers.....but then again..........a buck surcharge per ticket is mind boggling, and as future leaseholds fill the park.....the new whine will be.....we need to keep the space open......the hell with the budget.......we do not want private property in the park.......catch 22 whiners heaven.......

Speaking of People voting with their feet..........I missed where he said people are moving to the city because of Stooderville LOL.....

Mayor Hayward
To physically grow our City and increase our tax base, we must add population through annexation. Between 2000 and 2010, the City of Pensacola lost more than 4,000 residents. We must increase the City’s population by at least that number before the next census. To that end, we have developed a program of voluntary annexation in order to expand our City and clean up our confusing boundaries. This week, I will ask Council to approve the voluntary annexation of more than thirty parcels currently split between the City and County.

2seaoat wrote:Nice job ignoring miss management, debt and lack of planing.

No miss.....solutions are easy.......but again, baseball fans vote with their feet, whiners think it is the first inning........game was over when 330k people voted with their feet......the rest is simple ancillary no brainers.....but then again..........a buck surcharge per ticket is mind boggling, and as future leaseholds fill the park.....the new whine will be.....we need to keep the space open......the hell with the budget.......we do not want private property in the park.......catch 22 whiners heaven.......

Methinks you should take off those rose colored glasses that you see so dimly through.

I think Oats should address the next meeting of the CMPA and tell them how simple the solution is.

I Know the score doesn't matter , but it is Chattanooga 6 to Boo Hoos 0 in the top of the 4 th .

It finally clicks with me....I get it, and you've won me over.

I think Quint Studer should be lynched at high noon, July 4th, from the scoreboard @ the Stadium while a charity little league game is underway, pausing only to take his body to be fed to the homeless. His bones being saved for a nice reduction to be served over an open buffet of raw red meat, ground of course.

As post game entertainment, his wife should be disemboweled on home plate.....her entrails should be boiled in beer and served with EVOO and a dash of habernero/coconut sauce on a fresh hot french crusty baguette...hand delivered to the anxious crowd by alcoholics wearing hair-shirts with a huge red A emblazoned on their chest. No tipping, please.

Then we have a giganormous party after we storm the gates of his estate, kill all his cattle, burn all his crops, and eat all of his imported cheese....no wine, thank you very much.

Then and only then will be free from his reign of terror.

It's only fair, after all that he's done to us.

For what it's worth, he's good to his dog.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum