Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

CMPA yells "Not us!! Not us!! It is their fault, not ours...... What a mess.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ricks Blog

Maritime Park mismanaged, not by CMPA, but by City

The daily newspaper, Mayor Ashton Hayward and City Administrator Bill Reynolds want the public to believe the financial woes of the Maritime Park are solely the fault of the Community Maritime Park Associates Board of Trustees.

They conveniently overlook the under-performance of the city’s Neighborhood Services that was awarded last March the contract to run the park.

In its proposal, Neighborhood Services projected revenue of $285,000 from concerts, rentals, parking, kiosk sales and misc. sales at the park. It also told the CMPA board that it would need a first-year subsidy of $256,054 but “we expect the first-year subsidy to decrease over the contract period.” Read 030512 COW CMPA.

A year later, the CMPA revenues are woefully lacking. Concert revenue is only $2877, far below the projected $100,000; rentals $31,613 instead of $60,000; Kiosk sales a dismal $1,745 not the projected $25,000; and Misc. Sales $880, not $50,000. Read CMPA 2013 1ST QTR.

The only revenue ahead of projections is the one that Neighborhood Services has nothing to do with but collects off of others’ events—-Parking. They estimated last year the revenue would be $50,000. It’s over $214,130 since last spring.

Had the Neighborhood Services did as it was contracted to do—-book concerts and rentals and create kiosk and other misc. sales—the Maritime Park would need almost $200,000 less in subsidies from the taxpayers.

Clearly the financial problems are due as much as, if not more, to the failures of Neighborhood Services to deliver on its commitments than the politics of the CMPA board and Pensacola City Council.

The CMPA should fire Neighborhood Services and contract directly with SMG.

Last edited by hallmarkgrad2 on 5/21/2013, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Every single one of those Bastards should pay for the cost and be thrown in jail for this Bait-n-Switch SCAM!!!

Last edited by Lurch on 5/21/2013, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

You keep starting threads about reorganization of Maritime Park, and the systemic gap which was factored in the bonds for build out as if rats are leaving the ship......really.....that is your conception, it is not reality.

The report and audit showed extreme success. A buck a ticket surcharge covers it and when the leaseholds are built out in five years, the taxpayers will put a quarter million in their pocket each year.......If you want to buy into the folks who are beginning to campaign for mayor.....go ahead.....it does not change the math. There most certainly should be clarification under agreements, and there should be a streamlined process for new leaseholds, but the math remains solid. Nothing you post is more than a tempest in a teapot.........Now if you show me a million dollar shortfall which cannot be covered by the current low ticket surcharge....you will get my attention.....but it is more chasing your tail.....people who can think sit back and smile......and lemmings hop in there and start chasing tail.

Did I write the article? I am not allowed to post from Ricks Blog? Maybe Rick missed a good chance to expound on SeaOats simple solution. Write him....

2seaoat

Did I write the article? I am not allowed to post from Ricks Blog? Maybe Rick missed a good chance to expound on SeaOats simple solution. Write him....

Why....this is all petty local politics......the bean counters will get it right....it is not rocket science......the petty politics.....it will continue until after the mayoral race, and by then the leaseholds will be pumping cash into the coffers and this discussion will be moot.

It is pretty local politics to you because you don't live here. It does NOTHING to affect you. It matters to many of us because it is our home. We live here, pay taxes and listen to all the crap that comes from the local elected officials as things slide down the crapper.

hallmarkgrad2 wrote:It is pretty local politics to you because you don't live here. It does NOTHING to affect you. It matters to many of us because it is our home. We live here, pay taxes and listen to all the crap that comes from the local elected officials as things slide down the crapper.

And dont forget Oats aint bought one single damn Wahoo ticket either! Cheapskate.

"A year later, the CMPA revenues are woefully lacking. Concert revenue is only $2877, far below the projected $100,000; rentals $31,613 instead of $60,000; Kiosk sales a dismal $1,745 not the projected $25,000; and Misc. Sales $880, not $50,000. "

Maybe had they built what the taxpayers VOTED for originally, The park would be better utilized. Hoodwinked the voters and built what Stupider & his pals wanted. The park is in trouble. Game ticket sales are down! Oats wants to believe the opposite, hope for the best. Go for it buddy. Wishful thinking vs facts. I'll stick to the facts of the matter. U keep on wishing.

I don't think location or whose money it is has any bearing on seaoats support of govt adventurism of any kind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum