Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm now bigoted against something even more than I'm bigoted against muslims.

+2
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Of course nothing like that can ever happen until Jesus smites you republicans and democrats. Your political parties and your career hack politicans will NEVER EVER permit anything even remotely resembling it.
And this fucking plutocracy will never end.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and I also want to add this to that Amendment.

7. No spouse, sibling, or child of any former President of the United States will be permitted to hold the office. One per family is ALL you get.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob, Teo for Attorney General...I will hang me a bunch of 911 conspirators...yup.

I'd like to be in charge of cutting govt depts, programs, services, scope... etc. Constitutional Compliance Officer.

Jake92

It's impossible to control donations from corporations. EX: We will donate $100 in your name for candidate X.. If you do not agree or say anything about it you can look for a new job.. Wal Mart is the biggest employer in the world..

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jake92 wrote:It's impossible to control donations from corporations. EX: We will donate $100 in your name for candidate X.. If you do not agree or say anything about it you can look for a new job.. Wal Mart is the biggest employer in the world..

Make that practice a felony for the store manager and see how many employees get fired.

Jake92

I used Wal Mart as an example. Replace it with the Teamsters union and shut down trucking in the country.. How about the Air Traffic Controllers and shutting down every airport in the country? Just plug in your favorite business and shut it down.. The judges and lawyers will NEVER prosecute it because they will be over worked trying to do so many cases that they will never win.. They need PROOF for a conviction..

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jake92 wrote:I used Wal Mart as an example. Replace it with the Teamsters union and shut down trucking in the country.. How about the Air Traffic Controllers and shutting down every airport in the country? Just plug in your favorite business and shut it down.. The judges and lawyers will NEVER prosecute it because they will be over worked trying to do so many cases that they will never win.. They need PROOF for a conviction..

If what you say is true then even the laws in place now to limit campaign contributions are foolish and unenforceable. So we might as well throw in the towel and let anyone give as much money to a campaign as he wishes.
If that is the reality then there can be no such thing as democracy. In that case it's all just been a lie and what we really have is government of the highest bidder.

Jake92

Then vote OUT every one of them that are there now in the next 2 elections and publicize WHY they were voted out.. One party does something and the other complains about it but not one of them will say WHO and WHAT they did or didn't do and what they did to stop it other than complaining about the other party....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jake92 wrote:Then vote OUT every one of them that are there now in the next 2 elections and publicize WHY they were voted out.. One party does something and the other complains about it but not one of them will say WHO and WHAT they did or didn't do and what they did to stop it other than complaining about the other party....

That's why we need to fundamentally change the process. It's because until we do that nothing else you want to happen can happen. It's the current process itself which ensures that it won't happen.

Bob wrote:
Well whatever the fuck he was I'll take him over you goddamn democrats and republicans any fucking day. I'll even vote for a yellow dog over you fuckers.

I'm now bigoted against something even more than I'm bigoted against muslims. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfbyPXUxWrwLS7AKUJyljnttjJGJav8ZcA2eAjX6RMRhVrbCXbag

Vote for me.

I seem to piss people off or leave them speechless on both sides of the isle.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuGzJVKtW6g

Very Happy

Bob wrote:
Jake92 wrote:I used Wal Mart as an example. Replace it with the Teamsters union and shut down trucking in the country.. How about the Air Traffic Controllers and shutting down every airport in the country? Just plug in your favorite business and shut it down.. The judges and lawyers will NEVER prosecute it because they will be over worked trying to do so many cases that they will never win.. They need PROOF for a conviction..

If what you say is true then even the laws in place now to limit campaign contributions are foolish and unenforceable. So we might as well throw in the towel and let anyone give as much money to a campaign as he wishes.
If that is the reality then there can be no such thing as democracy. In that case it's all just been a lie and what we really have is government of the highest bidder.

That's what we have.

Jake92

The biggest problem is the voters keep the same crooks in office, then bitch about them another 4 years, instead of voting them out like they should..

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For Jake92:

You're making it sound like I'm the first person to propose limits on campaign contributions because no limits are enforceable, Jake.
That of course is silly. We already have limits which are indeed enforced. The limits are enforced because the political campaigns themselves closely monitor the contributions of rival campaigns to ensure that rival campaigns are not violating those laws. They report those violations to the Federal Election Commission and the FEC can and does enforce those laws.

The problem is not enforcement. The problem is the almost limitless amount of money that the limits now allow...

I'm now bigoted against something even more than I'm bigoted against muslims. - Page 2 Brca_t10

all I'm proposing is to to change those limits to the ones I specified in my earlier post.

Of course it will never happen. But it 's not because campaign finance laws can't be enforced. It will never happen because the career DEMOCRAT AND REPUBLICAN politicians in Congress are THE ONES WHO MAKE THOSE LAWS. And career politicians have no interest in doing anything which would make it harder for them to remain career politicians.
So the George Soroses and the Koch Brotherses and the corporations and the labor unions and all the other moneychangers continue to own our elections and our government. They own them because all that money buys a lot of votes. It buys a lot of votes the same way all that money spent by Madison Avenue sells all that toothpaste. And it does work that way and anyone who doesn't understand that is just plain naive. And it effectively shuts out anyone but the chosen few from holding elected office who are then beholden to the moneychangers. And it keeps those chosen few in office.
And none of that was ever envisioned by those who invented this country. It is no longer the country they invented.
And that's why I'm bigoted against both republicans and democrats. They are the enemy who have made this happen and who keep it happening.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:
I was just pointing out that he prolly won't do your smiting for you.

You're gonna have to ask his dad.[/font]

Gladly.

Almighty God, I beseech thee to do what you did to the Egyptians because it's time to do it again. I pray to you, Lord, to send down that Angel of Death again and smite the first born of every democrat and republican in this country. And this time do it right, Lord, and smite the parents too.

And a pox on you and every single one of your freakin' pinball machines.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Bob wrote:
Well whatever the fuck he was I'll take him over you goddamn democrats and republicans any fucking day. I'll even vote for a yellow dog over you fuckers.

I'm now bigoted against something even more than I'm bigoted against muslims. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfbyPXUxWrwLS7AKUJyljnttjJGJav8ZcA2eAjX6RMRhVrbCXbag

Vote for me.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

Yeah, you leave 'em speechless all right...they can't believe you're such a dumbass.

Jake92

Bob, I NEVER said you were the first to do anything.... The main thing I'm saying is the stupid idiots from both parties keep electing the same crooks over and over instead of voting them out..

Yes there are laws about campaign contributions and SOME of them are enforced.. My father talked about how the members in his union were TOLD to vote a certain way and that there would be a donation from the local union made to certain candidates in each members names to keep from exceeding the maximum.. If they questioned it or voted against it, they were on the bottom of the list when jobs opened up.. Some spent years on picket duty at non-union jobs instead of working at their trade. When you have 2,000 members, that is a hugh "donation" and will buy a lot of votes after the election. That is just from 1 local union and there are millions of people in the union, active (still working) and retired.. He talked about the union even donating under the members spouse's name to get the jobs that kept the union members employed.. That one happened to be the carpenters union, whose members built most of the businesses in this country.. Along with carpenters, there are electrical unions, plumbers, unions, and all kinds of others.. Yes, there are states that can have non-union contractors doing the work, but most of the bigger contractors employees are covered under a union..

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:

And a pox on you and every single one of your freakin' pinball machines.

Damn, that 1957 Gottlieb World Champ I have in here to repair is really eating my lunch (giving me fits). Now I know why. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jake92 wrote:Bob, I NEVER said you were the first to do anything.... The main thing I'm saying is the stupid idiots from both parties keep electing the same crooks over and over instead of voting them out..

Jake, since I was old enough to first learn what the term "politics" meant, and believe me that's a long time ago, I have heard over and over that the solution to everything is to "vote all the bums out".
And that has never happened yet. And it wouldn't make any difference anyway because the process we have ensures that more "bums" will take their place.

Jake92

If that's the way you feel and vote, then YOU are the problem.....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jake92 wrote:If that's the way you feel and vote, then YOU are the problem.....
ok. ill vote against evey incumbent if that makes you feel better so i can be part of the solution

Bob wrote:
Jake92 wrote:If that's the way you feel and vote, then YOU are the problem.....
ok. ill vote against evey incumbent if that makes you feel better so i can be part of the solution

Agree with much about the criticism of 'career' politicians that know nothing more than elections...re-elections...and keeping their power...Their campaign rhetoric before they are elected and their records after they are elected should be reviewed just as a ceo of any major corporation...If they did or even attempted to do what they were elected to do or now is it simply remaining a power broker....Voters/citizens are a huge part of the problem not just with apathy but with ignorance towards the issues and/or the candidates..No excuse for the politicians but voters reward failure and corruption...

Floridatexan wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
Bob wrote:

Vote for me.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Very Happy

Yeah, you leave 'em speechless all right...they can't believe you're such a dumbass.

I'm now bigoted against something even more than I'm bigoted against muslims. - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMGsJDgtNcdsu1omzoahdB-oWTeShnrlY5ZsZ320XOL6HrXgpj

Even if I am it still leaves me immensely more intelligent than you and your supposedly enlightened progressive liberal sheeple talking points. Any moronic idiot can mimic/repeat them darlin'.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Twisted Evil

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Jake92 wrote:The biggest problem is the voters keep the same crooks in office, then bitch about them another 4 years, instead of voting them out like they should..

Let me try to explain why this is, Jake. And a good example is our own Congressional district.

Congress operates on a seniority system. As you gain seniority in Congress you move up the food chain and that means more and better committee assignments.
So the whole system is geared toward creating career politicians.

Once our Congressman gains seniority, he gets the crucial assignments on the military and appropriations committees. Those assignments are crucial because the system has been designed such that our Congressman's main job description is to be able to funnel federal money into the local military installations.

Why is that key to understanding why voters keep re-electing the same Congressman? It's because this district's economy is kept afloat by that federal money coming to the district's military installations. It provides federal jobs (both military and civilian). And those jobs spin off into all other jobs in the secondary economy. The federal paychecks buy cars and meals and houses and clothing and all the consumer goods sold in this district. And when that happens the people who staff the car dealers and the realtors and the homebuilders and the restaurants and every other local business get paychecks.

Why does the voter return the incumbent Congressman to office term after term after term? It's because the voters know if they replace him with a freshman who has no seniority and has not gained the crucial committee assignments and the clout in Congress that comes with seniority, that it could jeopardize the federal money coming into the district. Which could in turn jeopardize the federal jobs and federal paychecks in the district. Which in turn could jeopardize most of the other paychecks and jobs in this district.

Are you now starting to understand why voters in our district keep returning the same incumbent over and over?
It's because the system has rigged itself to make that happen. The career Congressmen designed the system that way to ensure they keep their career jobs in Congress.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum