Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reese goes nuts on dash cam.....

+4
Sal
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 7]

2seaoat wrote: She questioned the officer. The guy in that case questioned the officer.Both were arrested. See spot run,Seaoat? You are now making up explanations.LOL!

Well at least I have you admitting that you do not even comprehend what the States prima facia case is to prove obstruction. Guess what Dreams.......it has nothing to do with what Reese said. Nothing. To meet their burden the officer would have to enter into evidence that he instructed her not to leave the car. In this case he did this five times. Second, he would have to establish that he was in the process of an arrest. That he left the subject and did not get compliance from the defendant, and placed her under arrest. Nothing she said would make his prima facia case.....nothing.....but when you are legally blonde......you simply do not understand the prosecutors burden, the law, or in this case the facts.

"The police report states: “Mrs Witherspoon began to hang out the window and say that she did not believe that I was a real police officer. I told Mrs Witherspoon to sit on her butt and be quiet.”

Witherspoon was arrested on grounds of disorderly conduct. Toth was placed under arrest charged with driving under the influence.

The couple were released by police just hours after their arrest."

Here's some more for you,Seaoat.LOL! Oh, it has nothing to do w/ disorderly conduct,right?

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/05/03/dash-cam-video-shows-reese-witherspoon-arrest-in-atlanta-for-disorderly-conduct/

2seaoat

So you believe asking questions is an obstruction of justice?

What utter idiocy. After attempting to allow you to dig yourself out of this hole, you continue to think that it is what Reese said which found her guilty of obstruction charges. I am now convinced you are a natural blonde.......I will type this slowly......nothing Reese said was or would be part of the prosecutors prima facia case if this went to trial. It did not go to trial, because if this was simply about words, she most certainly would have hired an attorney, and she most certainly would have won. However, we have a classic legally blonde thread where the charges are not even understand, and by slight of hand, you expect the charges to be magically changed......because......you are clueless.

She was charged w/ disorderly conduct,Seaoat not obstruction so all your arguments are moot and idiotic. Case closed. Made a fool of your self again.

2seaoat

Here's some more for you,Seaoat.LOL! Oh, it has nothing to do w/ disorderly conduct,right?

She was not charged with disorderly conduct. I gave you the link earlier in this thread that she was charged with obstruction, she plead guilty, and she was fined $100.

Please contradict my link which was the actual charges.......not some Fox reporter speculating. It is real simple to make me look like a fool. Get the actual conviction on disorderly conduct......and I will win an award for the fool of the month.......but we both know my link is correct, and she was convicted of obstruction.......but it is good to know that you rely on Fox for your facts.

2seaoat

E! News confirms that earlier today the actress plead no contest to the charge of obstruction of a person, while Toth plead guilty to first offense DUI stemming from the charges made from their arrest in Atlanta last month.

Witherspoon was not present in court, but her lawyer Bruce Morris entered the plea and will pay a total fine of $313 including court costs.

Pretrial diversion..........

http://www.eonline.com/news/414232/reese-witherspoon-arrest-actress-will-pay-fine-for-obstruction-hubby-jim-toth-pleads-guilty-for-dui?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Please show me the link which shows her fines and guilty plea on anything but obstruction.

2seaoat

So at the end of the day......Dreams thinks Reese was stupid. That if she had a good lawyer she would have been found not guilty. I think Sal jumps in at this point and agrees.

Now, for the conclusion of this path of idiocy...........If you are a passenger in a car, and the driver is asked to get out and the officers are questioning him and giving that driver a field sobriety test.........do you have to follow a verbal request from an officer to stay in the car. Sal and Dreams vote no...........Darwin was correct.

2seaoat wrote:So at the end of the day......Dreams thinks Reese was stupid. That if she had a good lawyer she would have been found not guilty. I think Sal jumps in at this point and agrees.

Now, for the conclusion of this path of idiocy...........If you are a passenger in a car, and the driver is asked to get out and the officers are questioning him and giving that driver a field sobriety test.........do you have to follow a verbal request from an officer to stay in the car. Sal and Dreams vote no...........Darwin was correct.

That's correct. If she had contested it she would not have been found guilty. Most of the cases are thrown out. It is an abuse of the law and you have a right to question any officer in this country when detained. She did not have to stay in the car. We do have a police state where LE gets to order citizens around.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... - Page 3 Sw7yus10

2seaoat

Finally......utter idiocy......so lets clarify:

1. It is an abuse of the law and you have a right to question any officer in this country when detained.

Reese Witherspoon was not the person originally detained, nor was she the person taking the field sobriety test. You are correct. Her husband had every right to question the officer.

2. She did not have to stay in the car. During an investigatory stop, you most certainly have to comply with an officer. Now, if Reese had said officer, am I under arrest from the car.........and the officer said no you are not under arrest. Then officer can I leave the car........the officer has not completed his investigation and he has the full authority of the law to seek compliance by all passengers and the potential arrestee until the investigatory period has concluded. The arrest had not even been completed. The instruction to stay in the car is concern on officer safety, or possible disposal of contraband during the investigation. If you do not comply with a direct order from an officer during an investigatory stop, and you hinder that investigation by non compliance.....you most certainly will be charged with obstruction and you most certainly will be found guilty.

Again, it is not the words in Obstruction..........it is actions.

2seaoat

It is important in this analysis to realize that the video showed the car swerving, that the driver smelled of alcohol, and that at the point of asking the driver to leave the car the officer had reasonable suspicion that the driver was in violation of the law. His investigation will include the field sobriety test, and probably a field breathalyzer, which will be confirmed at the station. At the point, he is beginning an investigation and has probable cause, all the passengers are part of the process.

Now if I am walking down the street and an officer tells me to please stop. He asks me to identify myself, and I do. He then begins asking me questions. If I choose not to speak to him, I simply ask if I am under arrest. If he says no, then I tell him I do not want to answer any questions if I am not under arrest and he has no probable cause for a stop......but if he answers you are not under arrest, but two blocks from here a woman's purse was stolen, and that I match the physical description......he at that point has made an investigatory stop with probable cause......my freedom is limited until his investigation is complete.

You have no concept of what you are talking about. From beginning to end your endless cut and paste of utter nonsense confirms that you woefully lack prerequisite understanding of even rudimentary laws under our constitutional system. You and Sal would both be arrested for obstruction if you got out like Reese........and good luck.......

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... - Page 3 Sw7yus10

Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnLsBdv4gQ-bzrFt2Roz5l82z_I8rjiz9WiLAqNnv90eurFC_M

They might need more...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LDgpQyuvAo

Laughing

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2seaoat wrote:It is important in this analysis to realize that the video showed the car swerving, that the driver smelled of alcohol, and that at the point of asking the driver to leave the car the officer had reasonable suspicion that the driver was in violation of the law. His investigation will include the field sobriety test, and probably a field breathalyzer, which will be confirmed at the station. At the point, he is beginning an investigation and has probable cause, all the passengers are part of the process.

Now if I am walking down the street and an officer tells me to please stop. He asks me to identify myself, and I do. He then begins asking me questions. If I choose not to speak to him, I simply ask if I am under arrest. If he says no, then I tell him I do not want to answer any questions if I am not under arrest and he has no probable cause for a stop......but if he answers you are not under arrest, but two blocks from here a woman's purse was stolen, and that I match the physical description......he at that point has made an investigatory stop with probable cause......my freedom is limited until his investigation is complete.

You have no concept of what you are talking about. From beginning to end your endless cut and paste of utter nonsense confirms that you woefully lack prerequisite understanding of even rudimentary laws under our constitutional system. You and Sal would both be arrested for obstruction if you got out like Reese........and good luck.......

Guess what,Dilbert? She wasn't under investigation. She wasn't driving. Your legal skills are pathetic.

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:A halfway decent lawyer would've gotten Reece off unscathed.

She just wanted the whole thing to go away due to bad publicity.

Good call.

Your attempts to belittle Dreams in this thread are a huge FAIL.

The "legally blondes" are making you look like a chump.

You're joking? She knows she screwed up which means even as an actress she has more common sense than half the people on this thread.

STUPID would have described her if she had fought the misdemeanor. Her attorney represented her and represented her well.

NO ONE can belittle Dreamsglore, she does a magnificent job of that all by herself.

Markle wrote:

Good call.

You're joking? She knows she screwed up which means even as an actress she has more common sense than half the people on this thread.

STUPID would have described her if she had fought the misdemeanor. Her attorney represented her and represented her well.

NO ONE can belittle Dreamsglore, she does a magnificent job of that all by herself.

I
ll tell you what.Markle. You live in your police world state where asking questions can get you arrested and you do as you are ordered. I'll stay in mine where my freedom is intact.

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:

Good call.

I
ll tell you what.Markle. You live in your police world state where asking questions can get you arrested and you do as you are ordered. I'll stay in mine where my freedom is intact.

Personally, I don't consider common courtesy a police world state. Having read some of your posts, I can understand why you would.

As I said, NO ONE can belittle Dreamsglore, she does a magnificent job of that all by herself.

Grow up. Now get the last word....

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Geez,

What idiocy. I actually looked the damn case up. First, the Houston ordinance was found to be overbroad by the fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. The case you cite has absolutely no relevance to this case. None.....zero. This is a standard for a person who was standing in a crowd of thirty or forty people who yelled why are you picking on the little guy. The police officer then interacts with him verbally, and he repeats why are you picking on the little guy.......well he charged the person who yelled under that very specific Houston Municipal Ordinance. The lower court found him guilty. The Defendant filed an appeal which sought to have the Municipal Ordinance found unconstitutional.......the Appeals court and the Supreme Court found the ordinance overbroad and found it unconstitutional.

In all fifty states the obstruction statues have stood for a hundred years. They have not been thrown out, and the Georgia statue which I cut and pasted is about the same as all others. Your cite has no relevance and it is one more snipe hunt by you. When an officer gives an instruction for a person to stay in a car, and does that five times while he is attempting to execute an arrest.......and the person comes out of the car and hinders the arrest........there is no court in this nation which will find that person innocent. It has nothing to do with her words.......it has everything to do with the officer not losing control of his subject, or having to worry about that person hindering his arrest.

Please try again using state Obstruction law where an officer has asked a person to get back into a vehicle, and having been repeatedly warned disobeys an officers instruction while he is making an arrest. I actually wasted five minutes of my life responding to this idiocy.

Jebus ...

... the vapidity of your argument is matched only by your verbosity in making it.

Rolling Eyes

2seaoat

I really do not know why I even bother to respond to such utter ignorance, but when normally intelligent people are making fools of themselves, I must admit that I am a little bit of a dick......

The Supreme Court, in Whren v United States (517 US 806 [1996]), unanimously held that where a police officer has probable cause to detain a person temporarily for a traffic violation, that seizure does not violate the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution even though the underlying reason for the stop might have been to investigate some other matter.

Some federal and state courts have extended the rule of Wilson, finding that ordering a passenger to remain inside of or to get back into a lawfully stopped vehicle is valid. This issue has been addressed by the United States Courts of Appeal for the Third, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and District of Columbia Circuits. See United States v. Moorefield, 111 F.3d 10, 13 (3d Cir.1997) (applying the Wilson analysis to a situation where police officers ordered a passenger to remain in the vehicle and put his hands in the air during a traffic stop, and finding that "the benefit of added officer protection far outweighs this minor intrusion [of ordering the passenger to remain in the car with his hands in the air]"); United States v. Williams, 419 F.3d 1029, 1034 (9th Cir.2005) (finding that "it is reasonable for an officer to order a passenger back into an automobile that he voluntarily exited because the concerns for officer safety originally announced in Wilson, and specifically the need for officers to exercise control over individuals encountered during a traffic stop, outweigh the marginal intrusion on the passenger's liberty interest"); United States v. Holt, 264 F.3d 1215, 1223 (10th Cir.2001) (using the situation where an officer orders a passenger to remain in the vehicle as guidance where "considerations of officer safety [ ] outweigh fairly intrusive conduct during a traffic stop"); United States v. Clark, 337 F.3d 1282, 1288 (11th Cir.2003) (finding that the officer's actions were objectively reasonable in ordering a passenger in the vehicle to get into the car as the officer investigated the violent conduct of the driver and the passenger); Rogala v. District of Columbia, 161 F.3d 44, 53 (D.C.Cir.1998) (finding that, under the circumstances of the case, "it follows from Maryland v. Wilson that a police officer has the power to reasonably control the situation by requiring a passenger to remain in a vehicle during a traffic stop"). In addition, the Court of Appeals of Virginia has addressed a similar issue, citing Rogala in support, and finding that an officer can order the driver of a vehicle back into a car, because such an order is a de minimis intrusion and reasonable due to the "weighty public interest in officer safety." Alston v. Virginia, 40 Va.App. 728, 581 S.E.2d 245, 252 (2003) (internal quotation omitted). In Alston, the Court found that although the circumstances of that case involved an "overtly dangerous" situation, the "reluctance to second-guess the judgment of experienced officers is not limited to such extreme situations."1 Id.

Now our own legally blonde Dreams and her new companion paddlefoot are telling forum members that the law states that you do not have to follow a police officer's command to stay in your car on a routine traffic stop.....pure ignorance, but this is nothing new.....Dreams justs lacks requisite knowledge on these subjects, but heck we all can spew nonsense from time to time.....but when it comes to being legally blonde.....Dreams and her new sidekick paddlefoot have the market cornered.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Why an officer must maintain control of the area around the car....
\
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMRqxmWsjxs

2seaoat

I am glad that Reese actually went to an attorney who advised her of the law, and did not listen to legally blonde Dreams and her sidekick paddlefoot, but Dreams and Sal think that Reese was "STUPID", and the more I think about it......maybe Dreams can call Reese and offer her services in a malpractice suit against her attorney.......just terrible that he pled her out on the obstruction and got pretrial diversion......utter stupidity......yep.....I love this place. I can just see Dreams getting out of the car in this situation......do you know who I am......well you are going to find out who I am........I am the legal blonde on the Pensacola Discussion Forum, and that is my lap dog paddlefoot......we don't have to comply with no stinking officer's command.....you simply do not know who I am........legally blonde.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Seaoat is right on this.

Witherspoon has the means to get legal advice from the highest paid lawyers in the USA. I doubt that she has gone without legal advice from someone who knows the law very well....and she, without a doubt, knows that she screwed up.

2seaoat

Seaoat is right on this.

Why did you add the qualifier "on this".......the proper response would be Seaoat is always right.......hey where has Boards hidden..... with his team for the ages........Miami Heat.......and the all time great Mr. James.......

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat is right on this.

Why did you add the qualifier "on this".......the proper response would be Seaoat is always right.......hey where has Boards hidden..... with his team for the ages........Miami Heat.......and the all time great Mr. James.......

Too funny! You know, I almost wrote--Seaoat is always right (or almost always right) on these kinds of issues.

But I cannot risk agreeing with you...too much. lol.

2seaoat

Too funny! You know, I almost wrote--Seaoat is always right (or almost always right) on these kinds of issues.

But I cannot risk agreeing with you...too much. lol.

Thats the funny thing about this forum.....we have argued tooth and nail for years.....Joan also.....yet as heated as we get about our passions, do we rarely say personal stuff to each other. I am having way too much fun messing with Dreams, who I have said repeatedly is one of our most intelligent forum members, but she lets me get under her skin.....its like torturing your little sister, and now paddlefoot has jumped in.......I think he forgot to tell us that when his son hit that double in the ballgame this weekend, it was a ground rule double which bounced off his head......that is the only reasonable explanation why he would take such an idiotic position to tell people to get out of the car on a traffic stop when an officer has given you a command. This place is fun, and yes....I sometimes go over the line with teasing, but Dreams is tough and smart.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum