Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reese goes nuts on dash cam.....

+4
Sal
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

He was just doing his job.

True.

He is a Georgia state trooper.

And, every Georgia state trooper's first order of business is to be a prick.

He did his job.

Unfortunately, he did it to the wrong class of citizen.

He's lucky it was bad publicity to make him a bad candidate for Cobb County dog catcher.
In what case has any LEO ever lost his/her job for making a legal arrest of a celebrity?

lol

I think I'll just let that turd sit in the sun and petrify.

2seaoat

Sal,

Please read the list......then tell me what pricks these people are....

http://www.odmp.org/agency/1422-georgia-state-patrol-georgia

My best man's father was a policeman who walked into a robbery and was killed with a shotgun blast.......this was in the late fifties.....his brother was one, he was four.......his family lived in poverty as the pension was nothing. You can make all the fun you want to...... but everyday an officer goes out there to keep you and your family safe they take risks.....yes, there are pricks.....yes they overreact at times.....yes they abuse the constitution at times, but this officer was dead cinch correct. He followed the law. The Defendant was ill informed as you and Dreams, and got out of the car after being commanded to remain. She admitted she was wrong. Her attorney was top notched and knew the court cases which allow the officer to command a passenger to remain in the vehicle, yet you and Dreams think the officer is a prick, and that the attorney was stupid. You are beginning to lose my respect if you continue to defend Dreams absurd ignorance.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 5/8/2013, 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:
Sal wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

He was just doing his job.

True.

He is a Georgia state trooper.

And, every Georgia state trooper's first order of business is to be a prick.

He did his job.

Unfortunately, he did it to the wrong class of citizen.

He's lucky it was bad publicity to make him a bad candidate for Cobb County dog catcher.
In what case has any LEO ever lost his/her job for making a legal arrest of a celebrity?

lol

I think I'll just let that turd sit in the sun and petrify.

OK, whatever you wish. I thought you might have an example that I'm not aware of.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Sal,

Please read the list......then tell me what pricks these people are....

http://www.odmp.org/agency/1422-georgia-state-patrol-georgia

My best man's father was a policeman who walked into a robbery and was killed with a shotgun blast.......this was in the late fifties.....his brother was one, he was four.......his family lived in poverty as the pension was nothing. You can make all the fun you want to...... but everyday an officer goes out there to keep you and your family safe they take risks.....yes, there are pricks.....yes they overreact at times.....yes they abuse the constitution at times, but this officer was dead cinch correct. He followed the law. The Defendant was ill informed as you and Dreams, and got out of the car after being commanded to remain. She admitted she was wrong. Her attorney was top notched and knew the court cases which allow the officer to command a passenger to remain in the vehicle, yet you and Dreams think the officer is a prick, and that the attorney was stupid. You are beginning to lose my respect if you continue to defend Dreams absurd ignorance.

Pfffft ...

... I never said the attorney was stupid ...

... I think he/she was brilliant ...

... they knew exactly how to turn bad publicity into good publicity ...

... and, I could care no less about your respect, Mr. Oats ...

... you already loss mine with your willful ignorance of the nature of our two-tiered justice system ...

... clueless.

2seaoat

you already loss mine with your willful ignorance of the nature of our two-tiered justice system ...

... clueless.

Willful ignorance of the nature of our two-tiered justice system........Start another thread and help me overcome that ignorance, but this thread was about Reese, her conduct, and her arrest. The question which has been debated is whether the officer can command passengers to remain in a vehicle during an investigatory stop where the officer has probable cause. Answer a simple question........Do you really think that Reese was going to be found not guilty of the obstruction charge, and what would be her affirmative defenses. Simple questions.....simple answers.

Start your two tier justice system thread, and I will better understand your thesis, but in this case the facts and legal issues are concise and a simple. You either agree with Dreams that a police officer cannot command a passenger in a car stopped for probable cause and during and investigation to remain in the car................all the cute lingo aside......what is your position on the issue......simple question....simple answer.

Sal

Sal

[quote="2seaoat]

.....simple question....simple answer. [/quote]

Fair enough.

I don't think any of the case law you cited or Dreams did or did not cite is relevant to the elites.

This is demonstrable.

I think the the prick cop was over zealous.

That over zealousness would not get a schlub off

It would be enough to get an elite off.

Was that answer too complicated?

lol

Nekochan

Nekochan

The cop told her numerous times to get back into the car. After she got out of the car several times, he told her he would arrest her the next time she got out of the car. Even after that, he gave her a chance to get back into the car when she got out of the car again.

How was he over zealous? I mean, really? What should he have done differently? Maybe if you were in his position and faced the same dangers that he faces every time he stops someone, you'd have a little different outlook about it?

2seaoat wrote:He's lucky he's not punching tickets in a parking garage.

He should put Reese on his Xmas card list.

Listen paddlefoot, are you sure you were not watching your grandson hit that double........parking garages are automated.........maybe back in the day when you drove your model T into a parking garage there was a fella who took your ticket, right after you stopped at the local Sinclair station, and the guy with the green overhauls and crisp white hat filled you up with 21 cents gas and did your windows........are you still going down with Dreams, or are you going to engage your brain and admit that an officer during an investigatory stop has the full authority to command passengers to remain in the vehicle........or do you like going down with Dreams................its a long way down........

They have the right to command citizens to stay in the vehicle IF it is a safety risk. They can command people out of the vehicle IF IT IS A SAFETY RISK. The officer has to show the command was done as a safety measure not as a mere annoyance. In People Vs. Gonzalez,the court ruled commanding citizens to stay in the vehicle amounted to an illegal detainment if the person was not subject to the investigation and is free to leave. It is a broad brush in which this police command law is based on and not subject to the whims of arbitrary annoyance. The right of the people to question any detainment minus a valid reason is inherent in our constitution. A good lawyer could have easily gotten Witherspoon out of it. Seaoat seems to ignore the fact that these cases are thrown out of court. Many states will not enforce these obstruction charges due to a failure to prove any safety concerns other than being annoyed for being questioned. Many traffic stops make you get out of the car. Seaoat is simply being an ass about it.

Nekochan wrote:The cop told her numerous times to get back into the car. After she got out of the car several times, he told her he would arrest her the next time she got out of the car. Even after that, he gave her a chance to get back into the car when she got out of the car again.

How was he over zealous? I mean, really? What should he have done differently? Maybe if you were in his position and faced the same dangers that he faces every time he stops someone, you'd have a little different outlook about it?

It's a silly argument,Neko. They usually make you get out. The command was not based on safety and that is the issue.

Sal

Sal

Nekochan wrote:The cop told her numerous times to get back into the car. After she got out of the car several times, he told her he would arrest her the next time she got out of the car. Even after that, he gave her a chance to get back into the car when she got out of the car again.

I'm married.

I'm used to dealing with disagreeable, uncooperative, belligerent women.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:

It's a silly argument,Neko. They usually make you get out. The command was not based on safety and that is the issue.

It's always an issue of safety when an officer stops someone. Can you give a link to that case you cited?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Sal wrote:

I'm married.

I'm used to dealing with disagreeable, uncooperative, belligerent women.

Drunk, too? And possibly in possession of a weapon?
Dang, Sal...I'm sorry for you!

This is the thing. If the officer wants to assert a safety issue, he should have had her get out of the car and put her hands on the vehicle within his view when he conducted his investigation. He could have done this. He was alone and took the chance they could have had a gun and putting her back in the vehicle increased his chances of getting shot. He did not because it wasn't a safety issue. He did not want to hear her arguing. This is my argument about the obstruction charge.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Dreamsglore wrote:This is the thing. If the officer wants to assert a safety issue, he should have had her get out of the car and put her hands on the vehicle within his view when he conducted his investigation. He could have done this. He was alone and took the chance they could have had a gun and putting her back in the vehicle increased his chances of getting shot. He did not because it wasn't a safety issue. He did not want to hear her arguing. This is my argument about the obstruction charge.

Wait a minute, Dreams...look closely at what you're posting!

You think it would have been fine for him to force her out of the car and make her put her hands on the vehicle....but it's illegal for him to tell her to stay in the car??

Do you have a link to that case?

Nekochan

Nekochan

Well, it's 11:00 and I'm tired.
Night, all.

2seaoat

I have waited two days for her cases......she has nothing.....she knows nothing......she says she has spent some time with a police department.....if she did she must have not had what it takes to learn procedures, or age has attacked her memory..........standard procedures asking passengers to remain in the car are for officer safety, and yes bad people can harm you from a car, but once passengers start piling out of a car, the officer loses control of the stop and investigation. That is why the courts have allowed an exception to the fourth amendment in the cases I provided.......Sorry, I have been exceptionally mean on this thread, but stupid is killing this country.....it is growing geometrically with people simply spewing nonsense without understanding our constitution, our statutes, or simple logic. Dreams is a poster child.......legally blonde.

2seaoat

Was that answer too complicated?

Yes. I need help in determining who is an elite. As you know I am a big Bear fan, but about eight years ago Jim McMahon was stopped on 98 in Navarre and they threw the book at him. My confusion is who is the elite? Do you enter a secret club, is it income based, is it what type of car you drive, clothes you wear.......I am serious, if you are serious....who is getting this break where they would not be charged in this situation. These were rich white people driving a nice car, and for all intents and purposes the driver was very cooperative. I got out of my truck after being stopped and had a gun drawn on me......I did not know that my truck had been reported stealing gas, and if you have never been staring at a gun barrel.....it is no fun, but that officer wanted no part of me coming out of that truck until he was in position and in control. It is a tough job being on patrol.....now you got to go complicate it with having to teach who is or is not an elite member......heck.....Dreams forgot her training, and actually thinks you take somebody out of the car and keep an eye on that person as you are processing the driver in an investigatory stop.........help me on that elite thing......I understand on the Macro level......but I do not understand this where the rubber meets the road.

2seaoat

Good morning......now waiting three days for Dreams to post her cases after she said the following:

Yeah, he overreacted and may get sued for false arrest

She pled guilty which was dumb. The situation didn't rise to a criminal charge. The officer was ineffective in handling intoxicated people.

Did you just make that up? The safety zone of the officer? No such thing. There was no physical obstruction at all or any law or safety zone for arguing. Pure bullshit.

Oh really, Seaoat? I have no experience or understanding? Just goes to show what you know.Squat! I've talked many times about being a police officer

There are no safety zones and other shit like that taught in the police academy.

The officer had the ability to ignore her questions or tell her he didn't have to answer them but to escalate it to physical obstruction was an abuse. You have far too many erroneous beliefs,Seaoat.

Unless she was physically obstructing the situation she had a right to be where ever she wanted to be. Just because an officer tell you to sit in the car and you don't doesn't qualify as a criminal offense.

So? She was stupid. There was already a supreme court ruling on police commands..... So stuff it w/ your police commands.

I could cite supremes cases but I want you to keep putting your foot in your mouth,Seaoat.

I have waited long enough so I will help our legally blonde Dreams......In Wilson the Supreme Court said:

the Supreme Court decided Maryland v. Wilson, they cited Summers and stated that “the risk of harm to both the police and the occupants is minimized if the officers routinely exercise unquestioned command of the situation

The Court asserted: “It is also reasonable for passengers to expect that a police officer at the scene of a crime, arrest, or investigation will not let people move around in ways that could jeopardize his safety. In Maryland v. Wilson, 519 U.S. 408 (1997), we held that during a lawful traffic stop an officer may order a passenger out of the car as a precautionary measure, without reasonable suspicion that the passenger poses a safety risk. Id., at 414-415; cf. Pennsylvania v. Mimms, 434 U.S. 106 (1977) (per curiam) (driver may be ordered out of the car as a matter of course). In fashioning this rule, we invoked our earlier statement that "'[t]he risk of harm to both the police and the occupants is minimized if the officers routinely exercise unquestioned command of the situation.'" Wilson, supra, at 414 (quoting Michigan v. Summers, 452 U.S. 692, 702-703 (1981)). What we have said in these opinions probably reflects a societal expectation of "'unquestioned [police] command'" at odds with any notion that a passenger would feel free to leave, or to terminate the personal encounter any other way, without advance permission.”

So Neko......you do not have to wait for a link or a Supreme Court case from Dreams.....as you can see by what I have posted.....She simply does not know what she speaks, and in fact the Supreme Court has crafted an exception to the 4th amendment which allows a police officer to COMMAND an investigatory stop, and when somebody hinders an arrest by not following the command to remain in the vehicle, they will be charged with obstruction and the courts will back the officer

2seaoat wrote:Good morning......now waiting three days for Dreams to post her cases after she said the following:

Yeah, he overreacted and may get sued for false arrest

She pled guilty which was dumb. The situation didn't rise to a criminal charge. The officer was ineffective in handling intoxicated people.

Did you just make that up? The safety zone of the officer? No such thing. There was no physical obstruction at all or any law or safety zone for arguing. Pure bullshit.

Oh really, Seaoat? I have no experience or understanding? Just goes to show what you know.Squat! I've talked many times about being a police officer

There are no safety zones and other shit like that taught in the police academy.

The officer had the ability to ignore her questions or tell her he didn't have to answer them but to escalate it to physical obstruction was an abuse. You have far too many erroneous beliefs,Seaoat.

Unless she was physically obstructing the situation she had a right to be where ever she wanted to be. Just because an officer tell you to sit in the car and you don't doesn't qualify as a criminal offense.

So? She was stupid. There was already a supreme court ruling on police commands..... So stuff it w/ your police commands.

I could cite supremes cases but I want you to keep putting your foot in your mouth,Seaoat.

I have waited long enough so I will help our legally blonde Dreams......In Wilson the Supreme Court said:

the Supreme Court decided Maryland v. Wilson, they cited Summers and stated that “the risk of harm to both the police and the occupants is minimized if the officers routinely exercise unquestioned command of the situation

The Court asserted: “It is also reasonable for passengers to expect that a police officer at the scene of a crime, arrest, or investigation will not let people move around in ways that could jeopardize his safety. In Maryland v. Wilson, 519 U.S. 408 (1997), we held that during a lawful traffic stop an officer may order a passenger out of the car as a precautionary measure, without reasonable suspicion that the passenger poses a safety risk. Id., at 414-415; cf. Pennsylvania v. Mimms, 434 U.S. 106 (1977) (per curiam) (driver may be ordered out of the car as a matter of course). In fashioning this rule, we invoked our earlier statement that "'[t]he risk of harm to both the police and the occupants is minimized if the officers routinely exercise unquestioned command of the situation.'" Wilson, supra, at 414 (quoting Michigan v. Summers, 452 U.S. 692, 702-703 (1981)). What we have said in these opinions probably reflects a societal expectation of "'unquestioned [police] command'" at odds with any notion that a passenger would feel free to leave, or to terminate the personal encounter any other way, without advance permission.”

So Neko......you do not have to wait for a link or a Supreme Court case from Dreams.....as you can see by what I have posted.....She simply does not know what she speaks, and in fact the Supreme Court has crafted an exception to the 4th amendment which allows a police officer to COMMAND an investigatory stop, and when somebody hinders an arrest by not following the command to remain in the vehicle, they will be charged with obstruction and the courts will back the officer

LOL! Simply not true. It depends on which jurisdiction you're in and which court is doing the deciding. She would have beat the case for reasons I already posted.

145Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... - Page 6 Empty Re: Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... 5/10/2013, 12:52 am

2seaoat

She would have beat the case for reasons I already posted.

I am sorry.....did I miss those Supreme Court cases you promised to post, or is the Dreams reasons without a nexus to case law sufficient for legally blonde proofs. Sorry, you said that a passenger does not have to respond to an officer command......sorry that issue has been resolved in all jurisdictions.

The thread speaks for itself.....your arguments are contrary to the law, and even after giving you the authority, you behave like a typical borderline personality.......you be......Legally blonde.

Markle

Markle

This has to be one of the goofiest threads ever. About 140 posts more than necessary.

Supposedly sane people advocating AGAINST common courtesy when stopped by any law enforcement officer.

These are the same idiots who vote and worst of all, raise children. Little question why so many kids are bullies and snot nosed losers.

Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves and re-evaluate your character and personal self respect.

In other words, grow up!

2seaoat

Supposedly sane people advocating AGAINST common courtesy when stopped by any law enforcement officer.

Dreams has all the classic signs of borderline personality. Marked tendency to engage in quarrelsome behavior and to have conflicts with others, especially when impulsive acts are thwarted or criticized. In many threads if someone challenges her lack of knowledge, or criticizes her there is a fundamental change in her personality. She never admits her mistakes and becomes as you have posted......supposedly sane. Negativistic, impatient, restless, as well as stubborn defiant, sullen, pessimistic, and resentful; easily slighted and quickly disillusioned this behavior is repeated when someone challenges her lack of knowledge.

Although she has been provided with clear case law from the Supreme court she has become disillusioned to the point that she creates her own reality which she thinks just because she says something, it is true. Here she is advocating that she does not have to follow the commands of a law enforcement officer in a investigatory stop with probable cause where the officer has asked a passenger to remain in the car. While high rejection sensitivity is associated with stronger symptoms of borderline personality disorder, here when presented with the clear state of the law she does a classic meltdown and attack of a person suffering from borderline personality. Her attacks of Chrissy are classic. So, you assume any of us who post on these forums are supposedly sane.......here I have been trying to carry on an intelligent conversation on the issues when you clearly have gotten to the bottom line. Dreams has some real issues with people challenging her, and providing authority which is clear and correct. She can no more control her actions than an alcoholic can voluntarily stop drinking. How insane am I to torture her condition. I think I suffer from sadism because what I have done to her on this thread is no different than a child with a magnifying glass burning ants with the sun on a summer day.

148Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... - Page 6 Empty Re: Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... 5/11/2013, 10:53 am

Well, now we're going into territory you have no knowledge of at all. LOL! Torture me? You would have to assume your opinions have significance to me.They do not. You can post all the cases you want to support your stance but the facts are as I said before it is a very arbitrary law w/ broad interpretations that have failed when challenged in most cases. It doesn't rise to the level of obstruction.That's my opinion and one that's been upheld. You might want to look at your own persona and the fact that you keep carrying on about a difference of opinion. I have been reserved in your case and mindful you are on medication but have no doubt you personify the traits you accuse me of. Interesting, isn't it? But you left out some important criteria that distinguishes Borderline Personality Disorder.This is a typical example of your attempts to bullshit on subjects you have little knowledge of.You undoubtedly don't like anyone challenging your knowledge and what you perceive yourself to be. Apparently, your need to feel superior has deep seated connotations that are rooted in an underlying poor self image. Typical of religious zealots and those who fear a loss of control. No doubt your upbringing in Alabama had a lot to do w/ it. It is a populace that is full of ignorance,bigotry and flawed beliefs. Have a good day, Seaoat. Very Happy

149Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... - Page 6 Empty Re: Reese goes nuts on dash cam..... 5/11/2013, 11:30 am

2seaoat

There are right and wrong answers. There are objective standards. When you post things which are clearly wrong, you refuse to accept those standards. This thread was not even close to a gray area. It is clear cut law. Yet, just like the thread on Sheriff Joe, you say that the jury viewing the interview is subject to a mistrial.......yet the trial is over. There are simply objective and understandable standards. When you continually confuse concepts and standards and then argue absurd connectors of your random dots, it is impossible to have an intelligent conversation because you think you understand legal concepts.........this thread attests that you are lost, and that your continuing attacks on Chrissy, Pace, and others often starts when they question you......the problem is beyond the lack of knowledge.

That's what you say,Seaoat and your standards of right and wrong are based on interpretation just like the legal cases. I wasn't aware the Arias trial was over as I didn't follow it and said so. I don't put a lot of credence in what you say. Sometimes you're right and someones you're very wrong even though you try to throw out a lot of twisted bullshit and logic. You're trying very hard to insult me but it's not working.Guess you got really pissed off about the "God's will" stuff.LOL! Good. Maybe you'll realize how silly it is to say that stuff. Using PD and Chrissy as an example(the forum lunatics) knocked you way down there. Read this carefully,speech doesn't rise to the level of obstruction. Over and out...and done. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum