Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tebow cut by Jets.........Boards argued for him.....but

+2
Floridatexan
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

After taking crap on my sports predictions.....gee.....I think our moderator was gung ho on Tim and kept telling me during his streak against the weakest teams in the NFL how he was a NFL quarterback.......I think I was right on this one.

2seaoat wrote:After taking crap on my sports predictions.....gee.....I think our moderator was gung ho on Tim and kept telling me during his streak against the weakest teams in the NFL how he was a NFL quarterback.......I think I was right on this one.

I would take a totally blind person to not have seen this coming since the Jets drafted Geno Smith. That gave the Jets 5 QBs.

2seaoat

Do you think he will be picked up?

2seaoat wrote:Do you think he will be picked up?

I believe that he will but I do not think it will be as a QB. Maybe as a TE or even a LB.

The kids a winner... in the right place he could do well... maybe in canada. We've all seen the can't miss players tank... and the one's they pass on like flutie or moon. I'll take a winner. Seaoat... denver beat the steelers in pittsburgh... nuff said.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I almost posted this earlier when I heard it on the news. Should have known the sports fanatics would beat me to it. Laughing

Canada might work out for him...I've seen top notch QB's go to the pros and not get a chance to play, just because the bench was too deep.

Brett Bouchy, owner of the Orlando Predators told the Orlando Sentinel on March 17th that they have a contract waiting for Tebow if he is ever cut. I think that he would do well in the Arena Football League with their fast paced action.

Sal

Sal

When the Jets can't use you as a QB, you're not a QB.

I do not like Tebow, but his treatment by Rex Ryan was beyond the pale. To dump him after the draft when every team has a full roster, sucks.

Rex Ryan is an asshole.

Yella

Yella

Just having Tebow hopping around in the backfield pretending he's got the ball and is gonna pass would be a big distraction for a defense.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Do you think he will be picked up?

He'll be picked up in Canada.

His sheer intensity and motivation got him through college well. He had one major thing going for him during that winning streak. The other teams were not top caliber AND they didn't know what to expect. Once they had game films on him, in the pros, it was all she wrote.

He takes way to long to release the ball and his throwing motion takes it down way to close to the ground. That makes it easy pickin's for defensive players.

Some come back down from Canada but not many.

Sal

Sal

With three downs, expanded motion, and a bigger field, the CFL is even more ill-suited to Tebow's game.

He needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

He's not a professional quality QB.

2seaoat

He's not a professional quality QB.

I was almost lynched suggesting the same two years ago.

Maybe someone will pick him up as an extra running back.

I never thought he was much of a QB either.

boards of FL

boards of FL

In the last 25 years, the Heisman has been won by a QB 16 times. Out of those 16 QBs, only one has ever won an NFL playoff game. That one QB? Tim Tebow.

boards of FL wrote:In the last 25 years, the Heisman has been won by a QB 16 times. Out of those 16 QBs, only one has ever won an NFL playoff game. That one QB? Tim Tebow.

I guess that just shows the Heisman pickers aren't very good at picking great QB's. Tebow was fine as a college QB. The NFL is a whole different game.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:In the last 25 years, the Heisman has been won by a QB 16 times. Out of those 16 QBs, only one has ever won an NFL playoff game. That one QB? Tim Tebow.

Then what happened?

2seaoat

Boards.......sometimes statistics tell us more than we need to know........a Quarterback won a playoff game........by golly george.......Tim moves to the front of the line of failed NFL players who did very well in College.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Sal wrote:

Then what happened?

Tim Tebow is the Justin Bieber of football. Talented but passive aggressive to the point of nausea, and WAY over-exposed. I cannot stand either of those two media whores on steroids.

BUT, Tebow has been the most misused talent in the NFL since he was drafted. He would have been better utilized for his set as either a tight end, or a fullback who can be a serious threat as an option run/pass back.

Rex Ryan sux.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum