Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING: Arrest Imminent in Boston Bombings

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

BOSTON (AP) — A law enforcement official briefed on the investigation says a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings is about to be arrested.

The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday. The official was not authorized to divulge details of the investigation.

The official says the suspect is to be taken into custody by federal marshals and taken to a Boston courthouse.

Law enforcement agencies had earlier pleaded for the public to come forward with photos, videos or any information that might help them solve the twin bombings that killed three people and wounded more than 170 on Monday.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ap-source-arrest-imminent-in-marathon-bombings.php

I can't wait to see what group it is..

Lurch wrote:I can't wait to see what group it is..

Texas Congressman Louie Gohmert (R) on Wednesday connected the Monday bombings in Boston to the immigration debate and warned that “radical Islamists” were “being trained to come in and act like Hispanics.”

“We know that al Qaeda has camps with the drug cartels on the other side of the Mexican border,” Gohmert agreed. “We know that people are now being trained to come in and act like Hispanics when they’re radical Islamists. We know these things are happening, and it’s just insane to not protect ourselves and make sure that people come in — as most people do, they want the freedoms we have.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/17/gohmert-radical-muslims-being-trained-to-come-in-and-act-like-hispanics/

Sal

Sal

Just a guess, but I think it's going to be the Saudi national they've questioned.

They made a quick ID from the videos, so they are obviously familiar with the suspect.

News reports are now saying that an arrest has been made and that the suspect is already headed to federal court.

In Edit: Now they just broke in and said an arrest has not been made. Can these media types make up their minds?

Last edited by Ghost_Rider1 on 4/17/2013, 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal wrote:

Just a guess, but I think it's going to be the Saudi national they've questioned.

They made a quick ID from the videos, so they are obviously familiar with the suspect.

Saudis did 9/11 then this(possibly) We should go attack them like we would do to anybody else..

Margin Call

Margin Call

Lurch wrote:
Sal wrote:

Saudis did 9/11 then this(possibly) We should go attack them like we would do to anybody else..

Can't do it....it would mess up dollar hegemony.

Margin Call

Margin Call

*Federal courthouse in Boston now being evacuated; utter mayhem as huge crowd gathers outside

No way I would be standing in that crowd.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

all those reports of an arrest were premature.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:all those reports of an arrest were premature.

maybe ...

... who the fuck knows what's going on at this point?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:
Bob wrote:all those reports of an arrest were premature.

maybe ...

... who the fuck knows what's going on at this point?

The FBI is going to hold a news briefing at 4PM and that will get us up to date.

Sal

Sal

Margin Call wrote:*Federal courthouse in Boston now being evacuated; utter mayhem as huge crowd gathers outside

No way I would be standing in that crowd.

Bomb threat ...

... go figure.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I've been watching the tv coverage. I think what happened is that when the crowd of law enforcement and media and others started converging on the courthouse, some started speculating that they were bringing an arrested suspect to the courthouse. And unfortunately the frenzy and the competition to be the first to break any development in the story led to that false report of an arrest.

Sal

Sal

Now they're reporting that the FBI has pinpointed a suspect on surveillance tape, but do not yet know who that person is.

So, I guess the Saudi national dude is clear.

Then again, this was a CNN report, so the feds may be pulling up to the courthouse with the Saudi national in tow at any minute.

lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For the last couple of hours they've been reporting that the security footage at the Lord and Taylor store (beside the 2nd blast) shows someone leaving a bag near where the explosion occurred.
It's unclear at this point if that individual has even been identified yet.

2seaoat

Security Video systems for years have been providing input, but when you compound the thousands of cellphone video, and clear time stamping, you are going to have some pretty accurate recreation of the crime scene. In 1995 I was approached by two smart as 15-16 year olds about doing some work, I ignored them they crossed the gas station next to the business and then crossed the street next to a bank when a navy veteran who had just been discharged was going to the local junior college to enroll.....he smarted off to the two youths, and they pulled hand guns and gunned him down in the middle of the street.

I was contacted by detectives and met with them to review the gas station video, and the bank video where we only had video on their lower body, and the bank video was not good enough to make a clear id. My recollection was such......I could never have picked them out of a line up........you think you know what somebody looked like......but let me tell you it is not that easy to after the fact make that ID.

This investigation is going to have an immense amount of data being thrown at them, and some of it will contain relevant information......it probably is going to take some time......we live in an instant society......we expect instant answers........take a deep breath.....in good time the person responsible for this will be found.

I don't think it's such a great idea to be broadcasting that an arrest is imminent until after the cuffs are on the perp's hands. They've already said they have a video of him depositing the black bag. It's stupid, IMO, for them to place that information out there.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Security Video systems for years have been providing input, but when you compound the thousands of cellphone video, and clear time stamping, you are going to have some pretty accurate recreation of the crime scene. In 1995 I was approached by two smart as 15-16 year olds about doing some work, I ignored them they crossed the gas station next to the business and then crossed the street next to a bank when a navy veteran who had just been discharged was going to the local junior college to enroll.....he smarted off to the two youths, and they pulled hand guns and gunned him down in the middle of the street.

I was contacted by detectives and met with them to review the gas station video, and the bank video where we only had video on their lower body, and the bank video was not good enough to make a clear id. My recollection was such......I could never have picked them out of a line up........you think you know what somebody looked like......but let me tell you it is not that easy to after the fact make that ID.

This investigation is going to have an immense amount of data being thrown at them, and some of it will contain relevant information......it probably is going to take some time......we live in an instant society......we expect instant answers........take a deep breath.....in good time the person responsible for this will be found.

I think they'll have somebody by the end of the week.

When the feds pour this many resources into an investigation and they have this much info to work with, justice will be served swiftly.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Security Video systems for years have been providing input, but when you compound the thousands of cellphone video, and clear time stamping, you are going to have some pretty accurate recreation of the crime scene. In 1995 I was approached by two smart as 15-16 year olds about doing some work, I ignored them they crossed the gas station next to the business and then crossed the street next to a bank when a navy veteran who had just been discharged was going to the local junior college to enroll.....he smarted off to the two youths, and they pulled hand guns and gunned him down in the middle of the street.

I think they'll have somebody by the end of the week.

When the feds pour this many resources into an investigation and they have this much info to work with, justice will be served swiftly.

Unless this event was the Prelude and not the Symphony.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum