Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MSNBC....Holy Crap!

+2
Hospital Bob
Sal
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 10:35 am

MSNBC Anchor Melissa Harris-Perry opened her show with the following comment...."Children belong to the whole communities" not their parents....Now there's redistribution of parenting?...Who knew that for so long parents weren't or expected to have responsibilities?....

2   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 10:43 am

Sal

Sal

Wow.

For the first time in many weeks, I was involuntarily exposed to the Rush Limbaugh Show for about five minutes yesterday afternoon.

And, you've concisely puked up those five minutes with this thread.

What a good little dittohead you are.

3   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:19 am

Good job Sal, as usual, you add nothing to a thread.

4   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:20 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I find something interesting about this.
The right-wingers are shocked when this woman says "children belong to the whole community and not the parents". And don't get me wrong, I'm pretty shocked by that too.
But the same right-wingers (yes Limbaugh) don't believe that when the child is in the womb. Then they believe the child DOES belong to the whole community.

Once again, and I'm sure I'll be repeating this over and over, you just cannot make this shit up.

Last edited by Bob on 4/9/2013, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

5   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:20 am

Sal wrote:Wow.

For the first time in many weeks, I was involuntarily exposed to the Rush Limbaugh Show for about five minutes yesterday afternoon.

And, you've concisely puked up those five minutes with this thread.

What a good little dittohead you are.

Forgive the metaphorically challenged. They must have missed the "the children are our future" thingy.

And w/out the google, I highly doubt she said "not the parents".

6   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:31 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:Good job Sal, as usual, you add nothing to a thread.

Actually read this on FOX News site...but because others commented that allows someone like 'sal' to make a foolish comment...and as pointed out if sal doesn't give a _____ about the topic then why comment?....

7   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:32 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

So let me try to wrap my mind around this a little better.

1. This "liberal-progressive" (or whatever you wanna call it) person says...
The community should have the say about children outside the womb.
But not the ones inside the womb.

and

2. the "conservative" (or whatever you wanna call it) persons say...
The community should have the say about the children inside the womb,
but not the children outside the womb.
And if that's not enough, some of those even say the community should have the say about fertilized eggs too , before they even become children. The very same people, mind you, who turn right around and say the commmunity should have NO say once the child has exited the womb.

And if that's not enough to make your head spin, I'm remembering the other day that pacedog posted to say that "limbaugh is smarter than all the 512 congressmen put together".
Which of course also includes ALL of the republican congressmen put together.

The motto of this post is: for gods sakes turn off talk radio and cable news because it's rotting our minds.

8   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:37 am

Bob wrote:So let me try to wrap my mind around this a little better.

and

And if that's not enough, some of those even say the community should have the say about fertilized eggs too , before they even become children. The very same people, mind you, who turn right around and say the commmunity should have NO say once the child has exited the womb.

And if that's not enough to make your head spin, I'm remembering the other day that pacedog posted to say that "limbaugh is smarter than all the 512 congressmen put together".

The motto of this post is: for gods sakes turn off talk radio and cable news because it's rotting our minds.

Or just how about continuing to point out the stupidity whether it's radio/cable news or liberal/conservative...

9   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:48 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

newswatcher wrote:

Or just how about continuing to point out the stupidity whether it's radio/cable news or liberal/conservative...
Point taken. To be honest I don't practice what I preach. I watch and listen to all of it. Just as I always stop to gawk at car wrecks and sometimes I even watch pro wrastlin (although this stuff is the best wrastlin of all).
It's a personality flaw.

Last edited by Bob on 4/9/2013, 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

10   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:50 am

Harris-Perry urges us to break through the private idea that individuals own themselves. Like Marx, she believes the individual is a communal being and all human worth is intractably linked to the community, the collective, and the state is the ultimate manifestation of the collective will.

Shades of Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World".

11   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:51 am

newswatcher wrote:
Bob wrote:So let me try to wrap my mind around this a little better.

and

You constantly point out conservative stupidity. For that I am eternally grateful.

12   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:55 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Harris-Perry urges us to break through the private idea that individuals own themselves. Like Marx, she believes the individual is a communal being and all human worth is intractably linked to the community, the collective, and the state is the ultimate manifestation of the collective will.

Shades of Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World".

Absolutely. No doubt about it.
But how is it any different when the ones who hate marxism and huxley and all that are the same ones who want the collective to have the say so over
the "child" in the womb. And not the parents.
How is it any different when a bunch of self-described "conservatives" in Congress, and a bunch of self-described "conservatives" with radio pulpits (including limbaugh, hannity and all the rest), all said it was the collective who had the responsibility for Terry Schiavo.

13   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 11:59 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

William wrote:
You constantly point out conservative stupidity. For that I am eternally grateful.

But if I point out the other current media blowhard stupidity, will you be eternally grateful for that too.
The one which has Chris Matthews the other day saying "only white people can be racist?"

https://www.google.com/search?q=chris+matthews+only+white+people+can+be+racists&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

14   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:03 pm

Bob wrote:
William wrote:

But if I point out the other current media blowhard stupidity, will you be eternally grateful for that too.
The one which has Chris Matthews the other day saying "only white people can be racist?"

https://www.google.com/search?q=chris+matthews+only+white+people+can+be+racists&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Bob, I have NEVER seen that troll point out one fucking thing about conservative media stupidity. I was lampooning his vapid statement with sarcasm.

Chris Matthews is often an asshat...what else ya got...?

Last edited by William on 4/9/2013, 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

15   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:09 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

You know the really puzzling thing to me is this.
After watching and listening to so much of this media wrastlin, I am convinced that two people who participate in it are two of the smartest and best communicators I have ever encountered.
They both so far overshadow the rest that all the others are just hacks in comparison. Each can both think and talk about as good as thinking and talking can get. Exceptionally knowledgable and exceptionally articulate.

But the puzzling thing about it is, how both are also the two people who are the most narrow-minded and brainwashed and intolerant of any ideas other than their own that I have also ever encountered.

One is a "liberal" (Chris Matthews). And the other is a "conservative" (Mark Levin).

16   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:13 pm

There is a compelling interest in the control of children... it's nothing new.

17   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:14 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

William wrote:
Bob wrote:
William wrote:

Fuck you Bob. I have NEVER seen that troll point out one fucking thing about conservative media stupidity. I was lampooning his vapid statement with sarcasm.

Okay so I misread your post and mistakenly thought the reply was aimed at me. It probably happened because the quote of mine you put in was so large.
Hey, I never said I was perfect. I make mistakes. But does that really justify you saying "Fuck you, Bob". lol

William, you have only one verbal weapon in your arsenal. A bazooka. lol

18   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:19 pm

Bob wrote:
William wrote:
Bob wrote:
William wrote:

Fuck you Bob. I have NEVER seen that troll point out one fucking thing about conservative media stupidity. I was lampooning his vapid statement with sarcasm.

Okay so I misread your post and mistakenly thought the reply was aimed at me. It probably happened because the quote of mine you put in was so large.
Hey, I never said I was perfect. I make mistakes. But does that really justify you saying "Fuck you, Bob". lol

William, you have only one verbal weapon in your arsenal. A bazooka. lol

I Love ya Bob, but I knew it would get your undivided attention...LOL.

Besides, George Carlin said it's the best thing we can ever wish on our friends.

Actually, I use a flame thrower. I love the smell of scorched earth....it smells of progress and new growth.

19   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:26 pm

PkrBum wrote:There is a compelling interest in the control of children... it's nothing new.

There is a compelling interest in nurturing and protecting children. It's also nothing new.

The Jewish Kibbutz tradition began in 1909.

20   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:30 pm

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:

Actually read this on FOX News site...but because others commented that allows someone like 'sal' to make a foolish comment...and as pointed out if sal doesn't give a _____ about the topic then why comment?....

Thanks for demonstrating the effectiveness of the echo chamber.

It doesn't matter from which outlet you received it, the message was successfully delivered to the oxygen deprived brain.

I've seen a few of these "lean forward" ads.

They all feature one of MSNBC's talking heads promoting a progressive cause.

In this one, Harris-Perry is promoting investment in public education.

So, of course, the wingnuts have gone full frothing nuclear Marxism red alert.

And, you eat the verbal diarrhea up with a spoon and puke it all over the forum.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

21   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:42 pm

Sal wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Thanks for demonstrating the effectiveness of the echo chamber.

It doesn't matter from which outlet you received it, the message was successfully delivered to the oxygen deprived brain.

I've seen a few of these "lean forward" ads.

They all feature one of MSNBC's talking heads promoting a progressive cause.

In this one, Harris-Perry is promoting investment in public education.

So, of course, the wingnuts have gone full frothing nuclear Marxism red alert.

And, you eat the verbal diarrhea up with a spoon and puke it all over the forum.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

So it wasn't true?...She didn't say what was quoted?....You're medications must be low or over today....What's the problem with pointing out an ignorant statement?...This time it happens to be from a liberal source is that the problem?...

22   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:47 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I'm not sure how that helps your argument, Sal.
It's one thing that this whatever her name said it. Although she did say it. We can pretend that even though she said it it doesn't count or something. But when Ronnie Reagan said "pollution is caused by trees", and when Georgie Bush said... well for fucks sake do I need to even repeat all the stupid shit he said because that will make my head hurt again.; but we can pretend that didn't count either. So you get my point.

But it's quite yet another that the stupid shit she said is being used to promote the fucking tv channel. Hell I didn't even know that.

And trust me, I'm not here to say MSNBC has an exclusive on stupid shit.
Because all one need do is watch Hannity and Fox n Friends to dispel that notion. lol

Last edited by Bob on 4/9/2013, 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

23   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:48 pm

Bob wrote:
William wrote:

Maybe Chris got another 'tingle' down his leg from seeing and listening to the cowh again...

24   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:49 pm

Sal

Sal

newswatcher wrote:

So it wasn't true?...She didn't say what was quoted?....You're medications must be low or over today....What's the problem with pointing out an ignorant statement?...This time it happens to be from a liberal source is that the problem?...

This is what she said ...

"We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we've always had kind of a private notion of children ... We haven't had a very collective notion of 'these are our children. So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that 'kids belong to their parents,' or 'kids belong to their families,' and recognize that kids belong to whole communities."

OMG! OMG!! OMG!!!

She said, "collective"!!

MSNBC....Holy Crap! 29935411

25   MSNBC....Holy Crap! Empty Re: MSNBC....Holy Crap! 4/9/2013, 12:51 pm

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:You know the really puzzling thing to me is this.
After watching and listening to so much of this media wrastlin, I am convinced that two people who participate in it are two of the smartest and best communicators I have ever encountered.
They both so far overshadow the rest that all the others are just hacks in comparison. Each can both think and talk about as good as thinking and talking can get. Exceptionally knowledgable and exceptionally articulate.

But the puzzling thing about it is, how both are also the two people who are the most narrow-minded and brainwashed and intolerant of any ideas other than their own that I have also ever encountered.

One is a "liberal" (Chris Matthews). And the other is a "conservative" (Mark Levin).

Chris Matthews is an idiot who's in love with the sound of his own voice.

His only gift is the ability to talk over any guest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum