Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bubba Watson....if his teachers at Hobbs and Milton could see him now

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://deadspin.com/bubba-watson-has-a-hovercraft-golf-cart-465618284?autoplay=1

He's bringing something unique to golf...

2seaoat

You are asking for a ton of trouble with hoovercrafts on golf courses. They take a good little bit of training to stop and steer. Tiger Point would be a fun course with one, but it really is going to make a ton of problems for serious golfers.

Bubba is 2 years older than my son. My son was a very active golfer and they played in quite a few tournaments together. My son was lucky as he very seldom played in the same age group as Bubba. They played together in Selma and Bubba ran away with the tournament. He is quite a character.
The divot Derby program gave a lot of young golfers a chance to play a lot of great courses and get in some great playing time. Bragging time.... My son won the Divot Derby and has his name on the big PSA Trophy. ..Bubba won in 94 my son won the 96. Good times, good people

2seaoat

Did you or your son ever meet Slocum's dad. I have worked with him on a project and he always implies that he had a lot to do with each of the three pro golfers who came out of Milton. His son, Boo, and Bubba all have such classic swings which showed early training.

No I never met Solcums dad. Bubbas dad was the driving force behind him.. I was bucks down at the time and knew nothing about the game. I used to take him to a little driving range on old Palafox and he picked it up from there. I was going though a divorce but I had custody of my son. I had to work but I would take him to Osceola and he would spend the day there. When i got off work we would walk 9 holes just before dark. One of the best times of my life.. If I had my shit together he might be playing in the PGA today. But I didn't.........................

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:No I never met Solcums dad. Bubbas dad was the driving force behind him.. I was bucks down at the time and knew nothing about the game. I used to take him to a little driving range on old Palafox and he picked it up from there. I was going though a divorce but I had custody of my son. I had to work but I would take him to Osceola and he would spend the day there. When i got off work we would walk 9 holes just before dark. One of the best times of my life.. If I had my shit together he might be playing in the PGA today. But I didn't.........................

I spent probably 10 grand on my son's travel ball only for him to piss it away in grasp of a college scholarship (which he later got at a pee ant school in Alabama) of which he threw away. Can't blame yourself guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum