Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Viacom pulls Comedy Central and the rest of their line-up from Direct TV

+2
Slicef18
othershoe1030
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Is this a result of the negotiations breaking down or is it a move to silence The Daily Show and Colbert Report? Now we can't even watch them on line.

It is now day four of the Viacom/DirectTV epic battle over your wallet. After Viacom used Comedy Central’s The Daily Show as a pawn, cable came out in support of satellite.

Last Tuesday, DirectTV and Comedy Central’s parent company, media giant Viacom, reached a standstill during contract negotiations to keep Viacom’s channels in DirectTV’s channel line-up. In response to Viacom’s proposed 30% programming fee increase, DirectTV pulled all Viacom programming from their channel line-up. At stake in this elaborate messaging campaign is your wallet.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/11197/direct-tv-vs-viacom-drama-how-viacom-used-the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-to-unite-cable-and-satellite

othershoe1030 wrote:Is this a result of the negotiations breaking down or is it a move to silence The Daily Show and Colbert Report? Now we can't even watch them on line.

It is now day four of the Viacom/DirectTV epic battle over your wallet. After Viacom used Comedy Central’s The Daily Show as a pawn, cable came out in support of satellite.

Last Tuesday, DirectTV and Comedy Central’s parent company, media giant Viacom, reached a standstill during contract negotiations to keep Viacom’s channels in DirectTV’s channel line-up. In response to Viacom’s proposed 30% programming fee increase, DirectTV pulled all Viacom programming from their channel line-up. At stake in this elaborate messaging campaign is your wallet.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/11197/direct-tv-vs-viacom-drama-how-viacom-used-the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-to-unite-cable-and-satellite

I would say that it is more than likely the result of a breakdown in negotiations since other cable providers are still carrying it. I know for fact that it is still alive and well on Cox Cable.

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Is this a result of the negotiations breaking down or is it a move to silence The Daily Show and Colbert Report? Now we can't even watch them on line.

I would say that it is more than likely the result of a breakdown in negotiations since other cable providers are still carrying it. I know for fact that it is still alive and well on Cox Cable.
The channels have been back for a week and no increase to Direct TV customers...Guess when Direct TV pulled those channels it sent a clear message..

Slicef18

Slicef18

Newsfan wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

The channels have been back for a week and no increase to Direct TV customers...Guess when Direct TV pulled those channels it sent a clear message..

Gunny Hartman wouldn't have it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I'm tired of these cable and satellite providers playing political games. They ALL overcharge; they ALL try to control content. The problem is, like electric companies, they're not public and not private, which creates a virtual monopoly.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Without jon stewart and bill maher, where will the less intelligent people get their news from?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
I'm tired of these cable and satellite providers playing political games. They ALL overcharge; they ALL try to control content. The problem is, like electric companies, they're not public and not private, which creates a virtual monopoly.

Don't use them.

Problem solved.

NaNook

NaNook

[quote="ghandi"]Without jon stewart and bill maher, where will the less intelligent people get their news from?[/quote

Printed toilet paper.......GO OBAMA , comes to mind...

[quote="NaNook"]
ghandi wrote:Without jon stewart and bill maher, where will the less intelligent people get their news from?[/quote

Printed toilet paper.......GO OBAMA , comes to mind...

No that would have a needed purpose....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum