Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Studer now teaching civics to the City of Pensacola. LOL

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dear Mayor Hayward and City Council:

Thank you for your willingness to serve the residents of Pensacola. While we all have different opinions on specific issues facing Pensacola, we should all agree that the desire for more jobs, less crime, and a better quality of life for the residents of Pensacola is in our mutual best interest. To accomplish these goals, it is necessary to attract and retain residents and investors to our community.

In that spirit, Rishy and I encourage you to create a comprehensive system/ process in which all people or organizations considering an investment in city properties can clearly and unequivocally understand the sales and leasing process. This should include standard template sales contracts, lease agreements, and all other tools necessary to rapidly advance a project.

The need for this work should be apparent to all of you. Confusion or lack of execution regarding private investment opportunities is not something new in Pensacola. Previous lost opportunities include AppRiver, Avalex, the Maritime Museum, and the Hawkshaw Eastside Project. More recently we can look at the Fish Hatchery, Hixardt, Penn Air, and the Maritime Y as situations in which opportunity was lost, squandered, or delayed. Had these investments been fully realized it would have created hundreds of jobs and increased the CRA tax base by $75,000,000.00 or more. If our city leaders cannot reverse this trend quickly the city will continue to experience high unemployment, decreasing tax revenues, rising poverty levels and too much crime.

Perhaps the largest private project in the CRA district is the Maritime Place, LLC office building at Maritime Park. The negotiations for this project were not typical of most private developments. Due to the desire of Rishy and me to invest in Pensacola, we agreed to a higher than market lease fee with no incentives– unheard of in this market for a $12,000,000.00 investment. Ironically we had to fight for the privilege of bringing this development to downtown. No other private developer would have tolerated the time, expense, and pain of dealing with the city and CMPA to make a project like this happen. If more private development is desired, things must change.

When the Studer Group works with organizations, we find that the strategy and structure of the organization is not nearly as important in achieving the desired results as many people believe. The most vital aspect of achieving desired results is the execution of a strategy and tactics utilized in the execution. Good execution is entirely dependent on the people serving in leadership roles of the organization.

For example, the charter government movement in Pensacola was less about people understanding how a new structure would be better than it was about dissatisfaction with the state of the city at the time of the vote. The new charter government structure can only be as effective as the people that occupy the positions of leadership in city hall, city council and the committee’s and boards appointed by those leaders. As Thomas Edison said “[s]trategy without execution is hallucination.” Unless people in positions of responsibility can work together, the city residents will pay the real price.

There is no perfect person, perfect plan, or perfect execution. Research on leadership in organizations recognizes that there will be missteps and obstacles. The key is to learn from missteps and turn obstacles into opportunities.

I applaud those who want to use the failure of the Maritime Y as an opportunity to create systems that will clarify the sales and leasing processes which will lead to more investment in the city. With the issues facing Pensacola residents a sense of urgency must exist. This sense of urgency was a driving force behind our desire to build a Maritime Y.

The City now faces a tipping point. The opportunity exists to outline a clear process in which potential investors can make intelligent and informed on dealing with the city, or we can continue to promote indifference, indecision and chaos. Based on recent history, the choice should be very clear.

In the mid 2000’s, we had a polling company poll the city residents on the potential of the Trillium property, now the community maritime park. The company stated that Pensacola was the most negative community they had polled. Usually about 20 percent or so of residents of any city first reaction to anything new is ‘no’. In Pensacola, it was in the mid thirties. We tend to have a culture of negativity versus optimism. Your leadership is vital in moving forward in a positive manner.

As the Maritime Y situation devolved into a political quagmire, numerous people said to us “don’t give up ” on the city. Like most of you, Rishy and I will never give up on making Pensacola a better place. However with any individual investor or organization, the more consistent and fair the process is, the better. Further, attracting investment requires optimistic elected leaders committed to simplifying opportunities that creating more jobs, lead to better education and a reduce crime.

These are priorities we all share that are vital to attracting and retaining residents and investors.

Thank you,
Quint & Rishy Studer

Post Published: 23 March 2013

Sal

Sal

I don't know anything about Studer or Pcola politics, but that dude"s balls have got to be getting sore from you hanging from 'em.

LOL Talk to Rick O. He is the one printing the shit

RICK'S BLOG

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
HOME
NEWSLETTER
ABOUT
INDEPENDENT NEWS
CONTACT
SATURDAY MARCH 23RD 20

Studers asks Mayor and Council to agree on system for future leases

Why cant Stupider bring in some high paying jobs instead?

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:LOL Talk to Rick O. He is the one printing the shit

RICK'S BLOG

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
HOME
NEWSLETTER
ABOUT
INDEPENDENT NEWS
CONTACT
SATURDAY MARCH 23RD 20

Uh huh. And you're the POS who reposted it here because your vendetta just ain't lettin' up.

howyadoin... wrote:

RICK'S BLOG

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
HOME
NEWSLETTER
ABOUT
INDEPENDENT NEWS
CONTACT
SATURDAY MARCH 23RD 20

Uh huh. And you're the POS who reposted it here because your vendetta just ain't lettin' up.

Wow!! So that the thanks I get for trying to enlighten every one by posting the wisdom of the (Prophet) Profit Quint Studer. Damn!!! You guys are a tuff sell.

Sal wrote:I don't know anything about Studer or Pcola politics, but that dude"s balls have got to be getting sore from you hanging from 'em.

I just busted out laughing after I read this. OMG!

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:
howyadoin... wrote:

RICK'S BLOG

I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY
HOME
NEWSLETTER
ABOUT
INDEPENDENT NEWS
CONTACT
SATURDAY MARCH 23RD 20

Wow!! So that the thanks I get for trying to enlighten every one by posting the wisdom of the (Prophet) Profit Quint Studer. Damn!!! You guys are a tuff sell.

You begin to sound coveted after awhile.

Sorry I had to goggle the word "Coveted"....So is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Coveted means "in demand" or "desired." If the most coveted seat on the bus for you is the one right next to the bathroom, then you shouldn’t have any problem getting it because most people don't want it.

Coveted comes from the Latin cupiditas, meaning “passionate desire, eagerness, ambition.” Cupid isn't always involved, though — coveted is another way of saying "sought after." The poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox said, “If you are seeking health, wealth, usefulness, skill in any direction, there is nothing and no one who can hinder your attainment of the coveted boon, if you are willing to work and wait." So get to work for all that coveted health and wealth!

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:Sorry I had to goggle the word "Coveted"....So is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Coveted means "in demand" or "desired." If the most coveted seat on the bus for you is the one right next to the bathroom, then you shouldn’t have any problem getting it because most people don't want it.

Coveted comes from the Latin cupiditas, meaning “passionate desire, eagerness, ambition.” Cupid isn't always involved, though — coveted is another way of saying "sought after." The poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox said, “If you are seeking health, wealth, usefulness, skill in any direction, there is nothing and no one who can hinder your attainment of the coveted boon, if you are willing to work and wait." So get to work for all that coveted health and wealth!

It means you desire what he has which is not really bad. We all would desire his riches.

Dreamsglore wrote:
It means you desire what he has which is not really bad. We all would desire his riches.

Not me!

Dreamsglore wrote:
Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:Sorry I had to goggle the word "Coveted"....So is it a good thing or a bad thing?

I think you meant covetous, which is a sin, especially if it involves your neighbor's ass. LOL.

2seaoat

His post is valid. He never took one dime of incentive to build a 12 million dollar building and keep jobs in Pensacola. Gulf Breeze could have given him land and money.

binac wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I think you meant covetous, which is a sin, especially if it involves your neighbor's ass. LOL.

I knew that didn't sound right but I couldn't think of it.

2seaoat

Mr. Studer is correct, and simple jealousy has made it very difficult for anything he does to not be criticized. Pensacola continues this historic inferiority complex, and Mr. Studer even had objective confirmation of the same in the polls which had the highest negatives that the polling company had ever seen in an American City........good things are happening in Maritime Park, and it has been a beacon of success, but sadly he could introduce a 500 employee manufacturing company to Pensacola, and he would be criticized that either the jobs paid too little, the work was too hard, or that the company would make the roads more congested......hopeless negativity which like quick sand consumes those who march the path for progress and improvement in Pensacola.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

It is absolutely NOT jealousy...actually envy...it's been one lie after another, starting with the development proposal, then the size of the ballpark (which very few people wanted), then the public amenities disappeared, then the shady contractor had to be dumped. Even the Y can't seem to nail down the parcel they thought they were getting. They had to get an extension on their FIRST PAYMENT of the debt. WTH? In your world, everything is going according to plan. WHAT PLAN? LOL

Watcher

Watcher

Floridatexan wrote:It is absolutely NOT jealousy...actually envy...it's been one lie after another, starting with the development proposal, then the size of the ballpark (which very few people wanted), then the public amenities disappeared, then the shady contractor had to be dumped. Even the Y can't seem to nail down the parcel they thought they were getting. They had to get an extension on their FIRST PAYMENT of the debt. WTH? In your world, everything is going according to plan. WHAT PLAN? LOL

Exactly! cheers

2seaoat

The park has been a slam dunk success. I saw all the ads and concept plans for the park. What lies? Where are the donations for the Maritime Museum, and where was UWF in their archeological Ivory tower next to the bay? Sorry, those folks intended to create their fantasies.......just nobody supported the same. Did you give a donation to the Maritime Museum? From the beginning I knew that would not materialize, and in the PNJ I blasted UWF sinking that kind of money in to Archeology when kids need skills to get jobs which remain unfilled because they lack the skills.

There will be another Southern League attendance record, and as I predicted five years ago, this stadium will need to be expanded. This problem with the Y could easily be resolved with the utilization of the dry rentention area just north of Lot 8, and put a multi story parking structure with the Y on upper floors with this great retractable pool and large outdoor deck.......incorporate a hotel in the structure, and this retention area never was going to get any lease payments......so you lower the lease payments to give incentive, have studer front the first five million, float a bond for the balance paid from a pro rata lease addition on each of the existing lots based on the number of parking slots. Charge a nominal $3 for four hour parking rate, and presto......you have a parking structure, a hotel, and the Y. The hotel negotiates short term memberships.....improves the Y bottom line.....Studer's new building's lease payments and the ball park pay for their share of parking, and lot 8 is ready to develop with a Y, work location, ball park, restaurants, parking, soon to be announced marina......and damn.....what were those lies........? cheers cheers cheers

Same old Stuff from Mr Oats and Crew. So instead of this, we get a ball park and a YMCA. LOL Oh Yea and a hotel built on pilings over a shit pond. Studers a fraud and you know it. Just a matter of time. All the talk about people wanting to build on the out partials was a lie. It is a monster sham and the truth is coming out.

Studer now teaching civics to the City of Pensacola.  LOL    Mp02

Oops..... Hold the "Y", all we have is Studerville and the Very berry Yoghurt stand.......The full YMCA board has voted unanimously to ratify their executive committee's recommendation: They are dropping their bid for Maritime Y. PNJ Nate Monore

2seaoat

I am glad you do not play poker...........this game is not over.

Never said it was. Quite the contrary, it is a done deal, this is just a show for rubes like me. Quint will get to sit at the final table before he cashes out.
[img]Studer now teaching civics to the City of Pensacola.  LOL    Sfvvi1[/img]

Here.. Have some more Kool aid. The city is doing just fine. Not to worry....

From Advance Pensacola
The supporting documentation for item 7 is nearly non-existent. If you study the numbers as I have you will find that the gas utility fund is showing a budget shortfall of $13,499,100 or approximately 25% of it’s fiscal year budget. This includes decreased estimated revenues of more than $7 million in residential user fees and nearly $4 million in commercial user fees. This is particularly scary because Pensacola Energy has provided an $8 million transfer to fund city operations for the past few years. To give you some context, property taxes only provide about $12 million to our budget.

The supporting documentation lists a $13,499,100 decrease for various accounts. The problem is… which accounts are we talking about. So far, we don’t know. I am concerned about the safety of our current gas delivery system and having adequate staff to maintain it. Item 7 also includes a $2 million reduction to the airport budget and nearly $1 million to the general fund. If you add those together, we could be talking about a $16,500,000 reduction in our total budget. That is very significant.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum