Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boards, For your review

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
PBulldog2
Sal
boards of FL
stormwatch89
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 3:39 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:People who whine about the reputation system are crybabies. It serves a purpose, as Boards stated. It does make you think about the inherent risks associated with saying certain things on the forum.

I have found it has nothing do with the content of what is posted. It is all about one person's contempt for the poster regardless of what was posted. So it serves no useful purpose whatsoever, but go ahead and call me a crybaby is that is what floats your boat.

27Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 3:51 pm

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:People who whine about the reputation system are crybabies. It serves a purpose, as Boards stated. It does make you think about the inherent risks associated with saying certain things on the forum.

I have found it has nothing do with the content of what is posted. It is all about one person's contempt for the poster regardless of what was posted. So it serves no useful purpose whatsoever, but go ahead and call me a crybaby is that is what floats your boat.

I have to agree. People like Ghandi abuse it by going back and negging every post of people he doesn't like regardless of what it says.

28Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 4:07 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I have not seen you cry about the reputation system, but a few folks have, and some more than once. If it hurts their feelings so much, they should read-only and not post. People cannot vote for or against you if your name does not pop up.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

29Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 4:08 pm

Watcher

Watcher

stormwatch89 wrote:Sigh......You know that I totally admire you personally as well as what you have tried to do in providing us the forum.

You could never have anticipated the small set minds of some and I must ask you to review what's been going on.

There is some jerk out there who considers me worth a neg even if I say HI and while I really don't give a rat's boohoooney my Daughter is in a very public position in town. I can't let her down.

It is sad that some small person can ruin what your efforts have proven to be most worthwhile.

My own personal suggestion is that you get rid of the "reputation system" which has proven to be little more than a Junior High popularity contest for the simple minded,

While you and I disagree at times, I appreciate the fact that we can agree to disagree as adults.

Guess some can't. Sad

WHAT? You can't let your daughter down by continuing to receive any negative votes? Can you explain this, considering that you have remained anonymous on the forum? I don't understand this. It's pretty damned inane. And why are you complaining? You're not even in the negative percentile.

30Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 4:10 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I have not seen you cry about the reputation system, but a few folks have, and some more than once. If it hurts their feelings so much, they should read-only and not post. People cannot vote for or against you if your name does not pop up.

The only thing that I have ever said about it is what I just said, it is nothing more than a personality contest. I have never used it and do not have any intentions of doing so.

31Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 4:26 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:People have different thresholds and tolerance for pain. We have lost many good contributors because they passed their threshold, and therein their enjoyment of the forum. It is not necessary to be unpleasant, or mean spirited to share information. Yet, even on this thread people do not recognize that some people may be more sensitive, and we fail to be variable in their response to some folks. Some folks can share truthful and hardball topics. Others easily get offended and take things personal. If we want to enjoy their input, we should be respectful of their sensitivity and understand not all people have the strength to share on a public forum where some folks insist to be mean spirited. People understand they can be as mean as they wish with me, and hopefully they will continue, but the key on this forum is to be sensitive to other people. On another thread Chrissy raised a reasonable subject about the decline of population and how that might impact our future, and at least two posters attacked her in a way which neither discussed the interesting issue she raised, nor accomplished anything by the mean spirited attacks on her.

A little more respect........and a little less need to hurt people will make this place better. Many of us know who can take a good verbal battle, and we also know who we cannot share with that type of approach. The scoring system is just one more opportunity to be hurtful to those who have low thresholds and are unable to deal with what other people think is nothing but joking around.

Thanks, SO I think we've reached an understanding.

Most appreciated.

Smile

32Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 8:02 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I have to agree. People like Ghandi abuse it by going back and negging every post of people he doesn't like regardless of what it says.

That's because every thing you say is stupid.

33Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 9:36 pm

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

How would someone of your low intelligence know when something is stupid?
You have to have a bar to measure up to.

34Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 9:42 pm

Markle

Markle

You're joking....Right?

35Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 9:43 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I'm smarter, younger, and richer than you.
I have had two jobs in my life. Still at the second one. And great at both of them.
How many jobs have you been let go from?
From what you posted, dozens. You can't hold a job and your offspring works part time at walmart. Nice job setting the bar for your kids to follow. Loser. How's the hoof problem?

36Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 10:57 pm

knothead

knothead

Really? Younger, maybe . . . . . . . . . smarter? I doubt it and richer? That's subjective . . . . . . .

You are so naive' . . . . . . .

37Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 11:01 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

knothead wrote:I'm smarter, younger, and richer than you.

Really? Younger, maybe . . . . . . . . . smarter? I doubt it and richer? That's subjective . . . . . . .

Your mom likes me. Ask her.

38Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 11:24 pm

Sal

Sal

gulfbeachbandit wrote:

Your mom likes me. Ask her.

If Boards needs to review anything, it would be this cuntface's attempts to bully and intimidate with his veiled threats.

You're nothing but a two bit punk, cuntface.

Go fuck yourself.

39Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/24/2013, 1:40 am

gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
gulfbeachbandit wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:

I have had two jobs in my life. Still at the second one. And great at both of them.
How many jobs have you been let go from?
From what you posted, dozens. You can't hold a job and your offspring works part time at walmart. Nice job setting the bar for your kids to follow. Loser. How's the hoof problem?

You're great at beating up people in line too, aren't you?

40Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/24/2013, 1:42 am

He's not younger. He's an old guy. How rich can you be retiring as a navy swabbie.LOL!

41Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/24/2013, 3:18 am

Dreamsglore wrote:

He's not younger. He's an old guy. How rich can you be retiring as a navy swabbie.LOL!

Better off than a freaking busdriver...

42Boards, For your review - Page 2 Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/24/2013, 9:39 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Better off than a freaking busdriver...

Who's a bus driver?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum