Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boards, For your review

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
PBulldog2
Sal
boards of FL
stormwatch89
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Boards, For your review Empty Boards, For your review 3/22/2013, 11:35 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Sigh......You know that I totally admire you personally as well as what you have tried to do in providing us the forum.

You could never have anticipated the small set minds of some and I must ask you to review what's been going on.

There is some jerk out there who considers me worth a neg even if I say HI and while I really don't give a rat's boohoooney my Daughter is in a very public position in town. I can't let her down.

It is sad that some small person can ruin what your efforts have proven to be most worthwhile.

My own personal suggestion is that you get rid of the "reputation system" which has proven to be little more than a Junior High popularity contest for the simple minded,

While you and I disagree at times, I appreciate the fact that we can agree to disagree as adults.

Guess some can't. Sad

2Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 12:48 am

stormwatch89 wrote:Sigh......You know that I totally admire you personally as well as what you have tried to do in providing us the forum.

You could never have anticipated the small set minds of some and I must ask you to review what's been going on.

There is some jerk out there who considers me worth a neg even if I say HI and while I really don't give a rat's boohoooney my Daughter is in a very public position in town. I can't let her down.

It is sad that some small person can ruin what your efforts have proven to be most worthwhile.

My own personal suggestion is that you get rid of the "reputation system" which has proven to be little more than a Junior High popularity contest for the simple minded,

While you and I disagree at times, I appreciate the fact that we can agree to disagree as adults.

Guess some can't. Sad

Is this a joke or are you serious? Someone's giving you negs and you can't take it because your daughter is in a public position in town? WTF? Does anyone know or even care who you are let alone your daughter? I mean are we talking about royalty here where the monarchy's reputation would suffer if it were to be criticized? OMG! This is hilarious!

3Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 4:02 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

stormwatch89 wrote:Sigh......You know that I totally admire you personally as well as what you have tried to do in providing us the forum.

Guess some can't. Sad

To be perfectly honest, I feel good when I get negative votes. Negative or positive. It tells me that I motivated someone to go out of their way and make an extra click. Myself, I tend not to give negative votes unless I see something just off the wall over the top. I give alot of positives.

I'll tell you what. Create a thread here in the general discussion forum with a poll. Make the options: A) keep the positive/negative vote system, and b)eliminate that system. I will adhere to whatever wins.

4Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 6:47 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Sounds good, Boards.

5Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 11:27 am

boards of FL wrote:

Guess some can't. Sad

To be perfectly honest, I feel good when I get negative votes. Negative or positive. It tells me that I motivated someone to go out of their way and make an extra click. Myself, I tend not to give negative votes unless I see something just off the wall over the top. I give alot of positives.

I'll tell you what. Create a thread here in the general discussion forum with a poll. Make the options: A) keep the positive/negative vote system, and b)eliminate that system. I will adhere to whatever wins.

Awesome. I can now add Motivational Speaker to my resume.

6Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 11:42 am

Sal

Sal

Guess some can't. Sad

Or you could just grow the hell up already.

Sheesh, what a wuss.

7Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 11:48 am

I think this is funny as hell.. you're in the triple +'s and worried about your rating.. Sal, wtm, pd, chrissy, dreams, ft and ghandi have you beat by a longshot and they don't seem to care..

8Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 11:51 am

I was hoping for the magic one thousand, but the trolls thought it was hilarious when they kept manipulating it to stay at 666. It was lost on them when I chose the Pope avatar with the 666 negative score.

9Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 11:52 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

You're right, Lurch, but I'm a Momma and there is nothing I won't do for my Daughters.

Ain't nothing special, just a Momma.

10Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 12:08 pm

Lurch wrote:I think this is funny as hell.. you're in the triple +'s and worried about your rating.. Sal, wtm, pd, chrissy, dreams, ft and ghandi have you beat by a longshot and they don't seem to care..

That's what I said! To top it off nobody even knows who she is so how is that affecting her daughters? It is funny she can't take a neg and whines about it. Who cares what these nutjobs think? It's really about her, that's all.

11Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 12:11 pm

Sal wrote:

Guess some can't. Sad

Or you could just grow the hell up already.

Sheesh, what a wuss.

I know,right? When I read it I thought who does she think she is? Her daughters' position? LOL!

12Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 12:16 pm

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Ignore the naysayers, Stormy. I'm sure Boards will abide by the vote he developed.

13Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 12:23 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:Ignore the naysayers, Stormy. I'm sure Boards will abide by the vote he developed.

Good God I hope so! Lord help us if someone criticized Mommy! After all, we have an image to uphold even if no one knows who we are.LOL!

14Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 12:38 pm

2seaoat

People have different thresholds and tolerance for pain. We have lost many good contributors because they passed their threshold, and therein their enjoyment of the forum. It is not necessary to be unpleasant, or mean spirited to share information. Yet, even on this thread people do not recognize that some people may be more sensitive, and we fail to be variable in their response to some folks. Some folks can share truthful and hardball topics. Others easily get offended and take things personal. If we want to enjoy their input, we should be respectful of their sensitivity and understand not all people have the strength to share on a public forum where some folks insist to be mean spirited. People understand they can be as mean as they wish with me, and hopefully they will continue, but the key on this forum is to be sensitive to other people. On another thread Chrissy raised a reasonable subject about the decline of population and how that might impact our future, and at least two posters attacked her in a way which neither discussed the interesting issue she raised, nor accomplished anything by the mean spirited attacks on her.

A little more respect........and a little less need to hurt people will make this place better. Many of us know who can take a good verbal battle, and we also know who we cannot share with that type of approach. The scoring system is just one more opportunity to be hurtful to those who have low thresholds and are unable to deal with what other people think is nothing but joking around.

15Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 12:54 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:People have different thresholds and tolerance for pain. We have lost many good contributors because they passed their threshold, and therein their enjoyment of the forum. It is not necessary to be unpleasant, or mean spirited to share information. Yet, even on this thread people do not recognize that some people may be more sensitive, and we fail to be variable in their response to some folks. Some folks can share truthful and hardball topics. Others easily get offended and take things personal. If we want to enjoy their input, we should be respectful of their sensitivity and understand not all people have the strength to share on a public forum where some folks insist to be mean spirited. People understand they can be as mean as they wish with me, and hopefully they will continue, but the key on this forum is to be sensitive to other people. On another thread Chrissy raised a reasonable subject about the decline of population and how that might impact our future, and at least two posters attacked her in a way which neither discussed the interesting issue she raised, nor accomplished anything by the mean spirited attacks on her.

A little more respect........and a little less need to hurt people will make this place better. Many of us know who can take a good verbal battle, and we also know who we cannot share with that type of approach. The scoring system is just one more opportunity to be hurtful to those who have low thresholds and are unable to deal with what other people think is nothing but joking around.

Thanks, SO I think we've reached an understanding.

Most appreciated.

16Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 12:59 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:People have different thresholds and tolerance for pain. We have lost many good contributors because they passed their threshold, and therein their enjoyment of the forum. It is not necessary to be unpleasant, or mean spirited to share information. Yet, even on this thread people do not recognize that some people may be more sensitive, and we fail to be variable in their response to some folks. Some folks can share truthful and hardball topics. Others easily get offended and take things personal. If we want to enjoy their input, we should be respectful of their sensitivity and understand not all people have the strength to share on a public forum where some folks insist to be mean spirited. People understand they can be as mean as they wish with me, and hopefully they will continue, but the key on this forum is to be sensitive to other people. On another thread Chrissy raised a reasonable subject about the decline of population and how that might impact our future, and at least two posters attacked her in a way which neither discussed the interesting issue she raised, nor accomplished anything by the mean spirited attacks on her.

Boo hoo.

17Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 1:05 pm

Go back and read her post again. She walks all over her "message" by using what you thought to be reasonable to once again attack libs, progressives, etc, who have chosen to not have children; a deeply personal issue. In the end, it comes off as more of a they are out-breeding us tome w/ the usual veiled racist BS she, and most of the trolls employ, especially ghandi.

So there you old fart...LOL

18Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 1:05 pm

2seaoat

Boo hoo.

You are welcome to play in my sandbox anytime. I enjoy your biting sarcasm which I believe borders on genius at times, but I also know you have enough sense to realize some people simply do not have the pain threshold to play with some of us, and yet they make great contributions to this forum. If you pride yourself as a verbal gladiator, why would you feel any satisfaction cutting the head off a child watching the gladiator games as you enter the arena......it is totally unnecessary, and it is beneath your normal standards. It is pretty simple. recognize......adjust........and moderate.......now in my case......please cut my head off.....I cannot get enough.

19Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 1:11 pm

2seaoat

So there you old fart...LOL

I did not say I agreed with her conclusions, but is it that difficult to counter her points with facts and argument which does not go to the issue of her mental health. It is entirely unnecessary, and unworthy of the true issue warriors who make this place enjoyable.

Old Fart......now you have hurt my feelings......I will wander around today listless and hurt.....unable to focus......simply lost..........oh the humanity.

20Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 1:14 pm

2seaoat wrote:Boo hoo.

You are welcome to play in my sandbox anytime. I enjoy your biting sarcasm which I believe borders on genius at times, but I also know you have enough sense to realize some people simply do not have the pain threshold to play with some of us, and yet they make great contributions to this forum. If you pride yourself as a verbal gladiator, why would you feel any satisfaction cutting the head off a child watching the gladiator games as you enter the arena......it is totally unnecessary, and it is beneath your normal standards. It is pretty simple. recognize......adjust........and moderate.......now in my case......please cut my head off.....I cannot get enough.

My unfocused words are at times absolutely uncalled for....it's a flaw I try to police, often with limited success. My itchy typing finger gets the best of me, and I don't suffer fool's lightly.

As for you, well bro....I like you and there's not a damned thing you can do about it...LOL

21Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 1:20 pm

2seaoat wrote:So there you old fart...LOL

I did not say I agreed with her conclusions, but is it that difficult to counter her points with facts and argument which does not go to the issue of her mental health. It is entirely unnecessary, and unworthy of the true issue warriors who make this place enjoyable.

Old Fart......now you have hurt my feelings......I will wander around today listless and hurt.....unable to focus......simply lost..........oh the humanity.

No, in my case, it IS absolutely necessary. Any and all efforts to introduce logic and facts into the equation are met with another series of personal attacks that are so extreme it is just not worth it to bother.

I'm sure there will be retribution for this, which I hope to once again....ignore unto death.

22Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 1:27 pm

Are you talking about the "It just occured to me thread" where she says liberals have less children because they're selfish? An "meanspirited" thread on liberals and you're chastising the liberals for responding w/ meanspiritness? An absurd statement like that is interesting? You know, sometimes you say some wise things and other times you're way off in the twilight zone.

23Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 2:17 pm

2seaoat

You know, sometimes you say some wise things and other times you're way off in the twilight zone.

Where was I when you attacked her about mental health issues, and exactly how is the drop in live births impacting politics.......it may have not be refined, it may have been wrong, but if being in the twilight zone is not repeatedly attacking a person's mental health.......I think I can accept that......attack the issues......even attack the messenger.......but understand that some personal attacks really tell us more about the attacker than the person who is supposed to be flawed. It was unnecessary, and please understand that I get you are repeatedly provoked......but really......it is totally unnecessary and really really really boring. A clever reply does not have to involve the mean spirited attacks on some people.......again, win the battle on the issues.

24Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 2:37 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

People who whine about the reputation system are crybabies. It serves a purpose, as Boards stated. It does make you think about the inherent risks associated with saying certain things on the forum.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

25Boards, For your review Empty Re: Boards, For your review 3/23/2013, 3:31 pm

2seaoat wrote:You know, sometimes you say some wise things and other times you're way off in the twilight zone.

Where was I when you attacked her about mental health issues, and exactly how is the drop in live births impacting politics.......it may have not be refined, it may have been wrong, but if being in the twilight zone is not repeatedly attacking a person's mental health.......I think I can accept that......attack the issues......even attack the messenger.......but understand that some personal attacks really tell us more about the attacker than the person who is supposed to be flawed. It was unnecessary, and please understand that I get you are repeatedly provoked......but really......it is totally unnecessary and really really really boring. A clever reply does not have to involve the mean spirited attacks on some people.......again, win the battle on the issues.

The issue was the stupid assertions liberals are having less children because they're selfish. It's moronic and it's way out in left field and meant to provoke a negative response. It was totally necessary to say you're a bipolar nut to say such things and btw, you make no sense saying "even attack the messenger" and the try to chastise someone for attacking the messenger. Do you even know what you're saying?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum