Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you envision your funeral

+4
PBulldog2
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat wrote:
I did not come into this world with a weapon, a dog, a horse, some wealth, but my Father's best friend was a first generation Norwegian.....so there might have been a viking prayer. I was thinking about my wife giving me a hall pass where I could get some of those viking women to give me a send off, but I am afraid that would hasten the end........hmmmmmm.

How do you envision your funeral - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4oKRo9PAWDEuBER0dok4f6nKc5aF7sDC776UQnrsCSXaUtkOtMg

That depends on your choice of weapons sir.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-1GHMNH24w

Very Happy

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

2seaoat wrote:I love your selection of Southern Cross.....I saw them in Vegas......good selection for a goodbye.....the next journey.

Well, it had to be Southern Cross or Wildfire. Both songs mean so much to me personally.

Had to come up with something with a strong beat for the opener, but I do wish they had come up with a different name for it. Great song, great lyrics, dumb title. It works, though. Actually, it rocks, which is how I want my friends to remember my life.

I know this is a serious subject, Seaot, but by golly, I had some fine fun pickin' out those songs. Besides, I'm half-Irish, so it would be more of an Irish wake - a celebration of all life - than anything else.

And permit, shmermit, Birdy. Twisted Evil It'll just be a few of my buds taking a stroll along the pier. With a boom box and a cardboard box. They can take along a fishing rod, and tell'em it's worms in the box, courtesy of Cool-1.

I truly am an irreverent soul. Life's more fun that way.

PBulldog2 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I love your selection of Southern Cross.....I saw them in Vegas......good selection for a goodbye.....the next journey.

Well, it had to be Southern Cross or Wildfire. Both songs mean so much to me personally.

Had to come up with something with a strong beat for the opener, but I do wish they had come up with a different name for it. Great song, great lyrics, dumb title. It works, though. Actually, it rocks, which is how I want my friends to remember my life.

I know this is a serious subject, Seaot, but by golly, I had some fine fun pickin' out those songs. Besides, I'm half-Irish, so it would be more of an Irish wake - a celebration of all life - than anything else.

And permit, shmermit, Birdy. Twisted Evil It'll just be a few of my buds taking a stroll along the pier. With a boom box and a cardboard box. They can take along a fishing rod, and tell'em it's worms in the box, courtesy of Cool-1.

I truly am an irreverent soul. Life's more fun that way.

sounds like a plan.... just make sure they dont dump you out on a busy day, unless you want all those surfers to end up eating you. Laughing tongue

2seaoat

Life's more fun that way.

From birth to death......we should always cherish the fun, and I think we make funeral folks rich somehow thinking that following silly and expensive rituals makes any sense...........or that loved ones should feel guilty not keeping up with the Jones......I think by planning modest or alternative funeral arrangements you take the guilt off your loved ones, and you save precious space.....although I enjoy walking through cemeteries and reading some of the inscriptions, since I was a kid I never understood the ritual. I also was reluctant to consider cremation because nobody in my family had done the same, but today about half the funerals I am attending are cremation. I really do not know if it is price driven, or simply people see how wasteful it is with the current rituals.

2seaoat wrote: Life's more fun that way.

From birth to death......we should always cherish the fun, and I think we make funeral folks rich somehow thinking that following silly and expensive rituals makes any sense...........or that loved ones should feel guilty not keeping up with the Jones......I think by planning modest or alternative funeral arrangements you take the guilt off your loved ones, and you save precious space.....although I enjoy walking through cemeteries and reading some of the inscriptions, since I was a kid I never understood the ritual. I also was reluctant to consider cremation because nobody in my family had done the same, but today about half the funerals I am attending are cremation. I really do not know if it is price driven, or simply people see how wasteful it is with the current rituals.

It is price driven. I imagine a funeral today is about $10,000 w/ the plot and headstone. I know my husbands was about $7000 back in 1979.

2seaoat

I know my husbands was about $7000 back in 1979.

I did not realize that you had lost your husband.......was this some type of sudden accident because he would have been awful young for typical life ending disease?

2seaoat wrote:I know my husbands was about $7000 back in 1979.

I did not realize that you had lost your husband.......was this some type of sudden accident because he would have been awful young for typical life ending disease?

He was 27. He was painting a room and used a paint sealer that was toxic. He didn't have the windows open and it shut down his vital organs. Of course, they misdiagnosed him at the onset which led to the organ failure. It took one week from the time he ingested it to him dying.

Slicef18

Slicef18

Speaking of death, funerals and the after life. Most everyone I've talked with wants to go to that wonderful place of peace and love called Heaven. But nobody wants to go today!

boards of FL

boards of FL

Yella

Yella

Cremation for me with the ashes dumped at Pensacola beach on the outgoing tide. I have already paid for and made the arrangements. I have a short epitaph I wrote myself for the paper and to post in Facebook. My two children and I have discussed this and they are cool with it.

Death should not be an expensive and complicated matter.

"Birth and death are the same. and heaven is the journey between them."
Lao-Tzu

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have Thanatophobia. But since it's only one of my many phobias I guess it will be okay. If I start thinking about that one then one of the others always distracts me from thinking about that one. At least temporarily. It's those days when I'm thinking about all of em at once that wears me down. lol

Yella

Yella

Bob wrote:I have Thanatophobia. But since it's only one of my many phobias I guess it will be okay. If I start thinking about that one then one of the others always distracts me from thinking about that one. At least temporarily. It's those days when I'm thinking about all of em at once that wears me down. lol

Bob,do us all a favor and go back to using your own face for your avatar. That ugly sneering bastard is just not you.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

I'll be cremated too... then mixed with quickcrete poured and painted into a soccer ball to break the toes of those that kick me. Seriously I want to be dumped in the gulf and a little lake in northern michigan... screw the epa. No crying and shit... just an irish wake with good stories and jokes and atleast one fist fight.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Yella wrote:

Bob,do us all a favor and go back to using your own face for your avatar. That ugly sneering bastard is just not you.
OK. But it doesn't make my thanataphobia go away. I still have it as strong as ever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum