Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alex Jones is pitching this tonight on his radio show. Can somebody please explain to me what the fuck it is?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

http://bitcoin.org/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I gather it's a new form of currency. An "open force fiat" concept of currency. In other words, it's the idea that, using P2P, the internet has given us a way to challenge the established currency. Much in the same way P2P has revolutionazed other shit. And apparently it's growing in popularity amongst the geeks like a hula hoop.

2seaoat

I certainly do not know. It sounds like a system of certificates similar to verisign, and once the integrity of the peer to peer is guaranteed by the software they can assign value. What I do not understand is this going to be a system which will allow other currencies to be converted, or will this be a peer to peer barter system with assigned values.......I think every few years you will see a peer to peer barter system, which does not try to create their own form of money.....but in reality it is exactly what they do.....so my question to you......would you participate in anything that Alex Jones promotes........?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:so my question to you......would you participate in anything that Alex Jones promotes........?

I'm so mixed up these days that I could be talked into stuff. So who knows.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

My cousin is a very bright dude. Had a franchise car dealership. He's two years older than me.
But several months ago he and his wife took a vacation trip to Vegas. And some grifter on the street sold them on the "swamp scam". They got a free dinner to listen to a time share pitch. And then sunk a ton of money into that worthless time share. I couldn't believe it when he told me he fell for it. So after that I can expect anything.

@Bob You need to PM me. I have a inside line on some Stoodervile stock. We will make a killing. Trust me.

2seaoat

A time share is about optimism and hope.........nobody who is dying buys a time share.......but people do not think they are dying....so they can justify all those happy future uses......it never works......and like a tar baby.....try to sell one.......I have seen where time shares have worked when folks invested in high price real estate and a developer converts the time share.....only way I have ever seen a person make out, but even in those situations, it is really difficult to get a consensus to make it work.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:@Bob You need to PM me. I have a inside line on some Stoodervile stock. We will make a killing. Trust me.

As a city taxpayer I already own shares in the Studer Company, CG. It's the only investment I own which I never chose to buy and cannot sell. lol

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote: We will make a killing. Trust me.

The last time I heard those words was in the dot com craze. A friend's brother-in-law who I was told was a financial wizard was recommending something called Cytogen (CTBY). Said you'll make a killing, trust me.
So I did.
I sold my eBay shares and bought it.
A few years later my CYTO had done a "reverse split". The 100 shares I bought was made into 10 shares valued a 6.2 cents per share (I paid $21/share). And the ebay holding I sold to buy it was worth $120,000 (which I had originally invested $1600 to get).
I essentially traded $120,000 for $6.20.

Ok I will let you in on the deal. The new (world class) Y is going to have the same rules for the swimming pool as they did in the 60s. It is going to be called the "Retro Pool" We can book all the rooms in the new Studerville Hotel for memorial day and make a fortune.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Hallmarkgrad1 wrote:Ok I will let you in on the deal. The new (world class) Y is going to have the same rules for the swimming pool as they did in the 60s. It is going to be called the "Retro Pool" We can book all the rooms in the new Studerville Hotel for memorial day and make a fortune.

I wouldn't know what to do with all that money. If that investment made me rich then it would take all the fun out of going to yard sales.
I don't want so much money that I no longer want for anything. The fun in material stuff is the anticipation of having it. Once you can have everything you want it no longer presents any challenge. Loses it's appeal.

You could donate about 2 mil and set up BoBs Maritime flea Market on lot 6 at the CMPA. Just a thought. We will get t shirts made and storm city Hall. Never mind if it will work, we will look good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum