Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

TOM HANK's FATHER

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1TOM HANK's FATHER Empty TOM HANK's FATHER 3/11/2013, 4:24 pm

knothead

knothead

http://www.flixxy.com/the-diamonds-little-darlin-1957-2004.htm#.UT47MRy8-YU

This is so great. I didn't know Tom Hanks father was the lead singer of the Diamonds. THIS WILL PUT A SMILE ON YOUR FACE,
Tom Hanks Father:
If you were alive in 1957, and old enough to enjoy Rock and Roll, you will probably remember the group, "The Diamonds" who had just launched their super hit "Little Darlin' ". For you that are too young to remember - it was a time when the performers were happy, enjoying themselves, respecting their fans, dressed appropriately and their lyrics could be understood.
They did not feel obligated to scream, eat the microphone, mumble inaudible lyrics or trash the set. In 1957, The Diamonds had a hit with "Little Darlin". 47 years later, they were requested to perform at Atlantic City ...
This link leads to both performances. Watch the first one then scroll down for the new one 47 years later. Tom Hanks father is much better looking than Tom, and even better looking with age. In the linked videos Tom Hank's father is the lead singer on the left. He still has it! Hope you enjoy.
47 years apart 2 Performances --

2TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/11/2013, 4:43 pm

2seaoat

You have been scammed.

Analysis: Nice story, but completely false. Tom Hanks' father was never a singer, let alone a member of The Diamonds, a Canadian vocal group famous in the late fifties and early sixties for such Top 40 hits as "Little Darlin'" and "The Stroll."

The Diamonds' original lead singer was Dave Somerville, a native of Ontario, Canada with no known familial connection to Mr. Hanks. He's alive and well, and still performing as "Diamond Dave Somerville." (The other original members were Ted Kowalski, Phil Levitt, and Bill Reed, none of whom fathered Tom Hanks.)

3TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/11/2013, 5:33 pm

Scam yes! This has been floating around with other internet hoaxes since Jan 2012.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/tomhanks.asp

4TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/11/2013, 5:35 pm

knothead

knothead

I'm so frigging naive' . . . . . . I feel like Charlie Brown when the football gets yanked out from under him . . . . .

5TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/11/2013, 5:39 pm

knothead wrote:I'm so frigging naive' . . . . . . I feel like Charlie Brown when the football gets yanked out from under him . . . . .

Awwww, don't beat yourself up over this. You ain't the first one and I would be willing to bet you damn sure won't be the last.

6TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/11/2013, 5:50 pm

cool1

cool1

well crap I fell for it --anyway I thought the Diamonds were pretty cool heehee I watched both it was fun anyway -LOL now I have to finish my x-box game --I like shooting games , and no Im not gonna run out and kill someone -Ive been playing shooting games for years -I like Hallo to!

Ive been working in my worm beds and my back says sit sit sit-lol later Laughing

7TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/11/2013, 5:57 pm

knothead

knothead

cool1 wrote:well crap I fell for it --anyway I thought the Diamonds were pretty cool heehee I watched both it was fun anyway -LOL now I have to finish my x-box game --I like shooting games , and no Im not gonna run out and kill someone -Ive been playing shooting games for years -I like Hallo to!

Ive been working in my worm beds and my back says sit sit sit-lol later Laughing

You a bluegill man . . . . . . . eeerrrr uh woman???

8TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/11/2013, 8:13 pm

cool1 wrote:well crap I fell for it --anyway I thought the Diamonds were pretty cool heehee I watched both it was fun anyway -LOL now I have to finish my x-box game --I like shooting games , and no Im not gonna run out and kill someone -Ive been playing shooting games for years -I like Hallo to!

m always a amused at a woman that has a worm bed. I say this in the nicest of ways Smile

I have a little bit of phobia to worms, but I can still use them for fishin. Kinda gross though, but heck. Ill put my hands in worm shit and guts to catch a fish anyday.

and Ha ha knot LOL Razz

9TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/12/2013, 10:10 am

cool1

cool1

Chrissy wrote:

m always a amused at a woman that has a worm bed. I say this in the nicest of ways Smile

I have a little bit of phobia to worms, but I can still use them for fishin. Kinda gross though, but heck. Ill put my hands in worm shit and guts to catch a fish anyday.

and Ha ha knot LOL Razz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heehee worms dont bite lol-----------they are very friendly -- I get my daughters cousins over here and they are all up in them worms and they are girls ---so cute to watch children play with them --heehee like they say do they bite -NO-lol then they just want to take them home as pets Laughing

10TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/12/2013, 10:37 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's one of the best examples of the doo wop music I so love.
If there are any other doo wop fans out there, you'll wanna know that Aaron Neville has gone back to his roots and revealed doo wop was the music he loved too...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/tv-review-aaron-neville-doo-wop-true-story-article-1.1276182

11TOM HANK's FATHER Empty Re: TOM HANK's FATHER 3/12/2013, 12:29 pm

cool1 wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

and Ha ha knot LOL Razz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heehee worms dont bite lol-----------they are very friendly -- I get my daughters cousins over here and they are all up in them worms and they are girls ---so cute to watch children play with them --heehee like they say do they bite -NO-lol then they just want to take them home as pets Laughing

my daughters cousins

Doesn't that make you their aunt?.......................... Smile Smile Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum